The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Ive applied for Birmingham and Loughborough. At AS I got AABC and I am predicted AAB and B in AS retake! I have had offers from both at AAB :smile: :smile:
Original post by megan_slawter
got 4/5 offers for psych!:smile: so excited cant wait for uni! really want to go to southampton or sussex, anyone else?

Have you got an offer from southampton yet? Ive got 4/5 to but still waiting for Southampton :s-smilie:
Original post by amberskye
Hi! I applied to Birmingham and Manchester. My application was processed on the 11th November, I got an offer on the 13th from Manchester and an offer yesterday from Birmingham. Hope this helps :smile:

Yeah just having a little stress hahaha but I only sent it off Tuesday night x
Original post by KateRobinson2
Ive applied for Birmingham and Loughborough. At AS I got AABC and I am predicted AAB and B in AS retake! I have had offers from both at AAB :smile: :smile:

Ooo well done. When did you send it off?
Original post by Lsmoran1
Has anyone reiceved offers to Birmingham, Leicester or Manchester? If so, how long did it take them to get back to you, and what grades did you get as A level, and GCSE

Hi, Ive got a offer back from Birmingham of AAB- I got AABC at AS but retaking the C even though I dropped it, to get a higher AS grade! My GCSES were 5A*, 3A's, 2Bs and 1C
Ooo well done. When did you send it off?

I sent mine off on the 10th November and received Loughborough on the 14th, Reading and Nottingham trent on the 18th and Birmingham on the 19th! I am still waiting for southampton :s-smilie:
Has anyone reiceved offers to Birmingham, Leicester or Manchester? If so, how long did it take them to get back to you, and what grades did you get as A level, and GCSE

got one yesterday and it was AAB, my predicted are A* A* A
my gcse were so bad tho lol ABBBCCDDD
Original post by alixjenevizian
got one yesterday and it was AAB, my predicted are A* A* A
my gcse were so bad tho lol ABBBCCDDD

Aghhh that's so good! When did you send your application off and if you don't mind me asking what subjects do you do and what did you get at AS?
Original post by KateRobinson2
I sent mine off on the 10th November and received Loughborough on the 14th, Reading and Nottingham trent on the 18th and Birmingham on the 19th! I am still waiting for southampton :s-smilie:

So Birmingham takes ages. It's just so horrible waiting hahah
Aghhh that's so good! When did you send your application off and if you don't mind me asking what subjects do you do and what did you get at AS?

thankyou!! um sent it off last wednesday so it took exactly a week, i took english psych business and history so i got AABC in AS and i dropped history (the C)
Reply 470
Original post by melissapayne
I literally am currently doing the exact same subjects as you did for the IB, any advice? :smile: 44 points is incredible! Congratulations!

ahh gosh bless u thanks! sorry im not too much help for ee/tok i barely scraped past it but for spanish + maths i really recommend a tutor and just working through as many papers as possible
for bio it was mainly because i had such a lovely teacher who based all her lessons just explaining the powerpoints on this site > i-biology.net its a lifesaver it has absolutely everything u need :smile:)
for psyc i religiously used ibpsychnotes.com, ibpsychologynotes.blogspot.hk and ibguides.com/psychology/home along with this revision book amazon.co.uk/Psychology-Study-Guide-International-Baccalaureate/dp/0198389965/ref=dp_ob_title_bk/277-4080987-8193921 (but its a bit brief)
as for english i'd say try and buy the York Notes of all the books youre doing (i did macbeth, streetcar, all my sons, oleanna and managed to get them all off amazon) and they go through all the themes and motifs and character analyses its amazing
good luck dont worry it'll be over soon !! best of luck x

I've got a Birmingham offer, took them about two weeks to get back to me
And I got AABE at a level, and I got 1 A 6 Bs and 2Cs at GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon
I've got a Birmingham offer, took them about two weeks to get back to me
And I got AABE at a level, and I got 1 A 6 Bs and 2Cs at GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was your GCSE maths grade?

B grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats why i'm worrying. I got AAB at AS but a C in maths GCSE

B grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 476
[INDENT] WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Guys I have finally received a conditional offer from Aston! It's been worth the wait, and thanks to everyone for being so helpful in this thread . I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. Good luck everyone and hopefully see you on campus x [/INDENT]
Had an offer from Warwick and Bristol ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neigh0mey
That's good :smile: what is your offer requirement?

Sorry for the late reply! Offer requirements are AAB ☺️
Original post by Dylank
[INDENT] WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Guys I have finally received a conditional offer from Aston! It's been worth the wait, and thanks to everyone for being so helpful in this thread . I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. Good luck everyone and hopefully see you on campus x [/INDENT]

Woooo! What offer did they make you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest