The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AMRF
I also applied in October....why is it taking so long?

It's the only university I haven't heard back from :/
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by hopelessching
did you get the email about the offer holders open day for our course?

I did, but I'm international so i probably can't go... :frown:
Reply 462
Original post by hopelessching
ooh great!! what subject?

Straight maths :-) what about you?
Reply 463
Original post by Pin1234
I got an offer for straight maths last week

Its amazing!! What were your predicted grades?
Reply 464
Original post by samu16
Its amazing!! What were your predicted grades?

Do you do it?
maths A*
Further maths A*
Biology A*
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 465
Original post by Pin1234
Do you do it?
maths A*
Further maths A*
Biology A*

Nice grades! when did you apply? It is so long :redface:
Original post by binarythoughts
Law. And you?

Engineering with finance, good luck with your application !
Reply 467
Original post by Pin1234
Thanks :-) mid-October. The offer only came through last week though

Oh.. ok. And last question, did the status change on portico before you received your over? My status is still "application received"
Reply 468
Original post by samu16
Oh.. ok. And last question, did the status change on portico before you received your over? My status is still "application received"

Erm well I applied and then I was asked for my ums scores a couple weeks later, then a couple weeks after that they sent me another email saying they were now considering me and my application was recieved. Regarding the actual offer, I checked my email a couple days after I got my offer and by then both ucas and the UCL portico had already been updated so I'm not sure. If it helps the ucas email was further down in my inbox than the email stating my status on portico. Hope that helps and don't dwell on it too much!!
Reply 469
Original post by Pin1234
Erm well I applied and then I was asked for my ums scores a couple weeks later, then a couple weeks after that they sent me another email saying they were now considering me and my application was recieved. Regarding the actual offer, I checked my email a couple days after I got my offer and by then both ucas and the UCL portico had already been updated so I'm not sure. If it helps the ucas email was further down in my inbox than the email stating my status on portico. Hope that helps and don't dwell on it too much!!

Oh ok, I understand. Then I just have to wait and pray for it. Thanks dude
Original post by samu16
It's 20/20 ( I also take further maths). What's yours ?

18 but i m not even sure of getting 17! I m also doing spe!
Reply 471
Original post by chiara97

Are you in S or ES? And how far in the 8 weeks period were you when you received the offer? Do you live in France btw?
Reply 472

Spe is quite hard but if you work on it, it's gonna be ok
Original post by samu16
Spe is quite hard but if you work on it, it's gonna be ok

Hahaha S unfortunatly ! yee standard maths are ok but in spe aritmetiquee is quite difficult and matrices ok!
Original post by michelle37
I did, but I'm international so i probably can't go... :frown:

oh that's a bummer:frown: I'm technically international (I'm from Singapore) but I go to boarding school here so I'll have to take a long train ride to london for it
Original post by Pin1234
Straight maths :-) what about you?

psychology and language sciences! :smile:
Reply 476
Hahaha S unfortunatly ! yee standard maths are ok but in spe aritmetiquee is quite difficult and matrices ok!

I ****Ing hate congruences dude! But if I would ever get a conditional offer from UCL, I'd work so much to achieve my grades. It is so horrible to wait for it. The 8 weeks-period is so long and I only am in the second.
I didn t know about the 8 week period! I sent my application on the 5 th of november and got a offer on the 5 th of january! hahhaha congurence are awful :frown: Don't worry i m sure you will get it! I m the one in my school that already recieved an offer! Where else have you applied? In england? are you thinking about going to prepa?
Reply 478
I didn t know about the 8 week period! I sent my application on the 5 th of november and got a offer on the 5 th of january! hahhaha congurence are awful :frown: Don't worry i m sure you will get it! I m the one in my school that already recieved an offer! Where else have you applied? In england? are you thinking about going to prepa?

8 week period? what is it? :confused:
I don't know! I know there is only an 8 week period of waiting for lse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending