Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Tbh. Seems like it. Sorry if this comes off as arrogant i dont mean it to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no. It doesn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chughes17)
    If it asks for a matrix's transformation in words, how do we know what this is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A sketch shoukd present the transformation.
    In general transformations can be take as ksin/costheta in the rows of the matrix. Equation to two elements presents the k and theta.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    June 2013 R is a paper worth doing. Fairly monstrous integration by substitution at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    June 2013 R is a paper worth doing. Fairly monstrous integration by substitution at the end.
    What papers have hard vectors/Matrices. My integration is pretty good as a whole i think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A sketch shoukd present the transformation.
    In general transformations can be take as ksin/costheta in the rows of the matrix. Equation to two elements presents the k and theta.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, how would I sketch a matrix's transformation? hate matrices, just bore me so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What papers have hard vectors/Matrices. My integration is pretty good as a whole i think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dunno mate I've only been revising for 2 days. I guess June 2013 R question 4 is pretty good because it's a matrix transformation of a plane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    Dunno mate I've only been revising for 2 days. I guess June 2013 R question 4 is pretty good because it's a matrix transformation of a plane.
    Ah the R papers generating wonders of questions as normal. Ill have a look tmmrw after i finish recapping the content ha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    09 on wards there aren't any that are that hard. Pre 09 perhaps but haven't checked

ReputationRep:
    Name:  11297890_1011144242229269_519931431_n.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  10.1 KB Not strictly FP3 related but it made me laugh when I saw it at the bottom of the pdf for 1992's grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Those vectors are just j + k and i - k in column vector form
    You want to use the relationship Ax = lambda(x) with A the matrix, x the eigenvector and lambda the eigenvalue
    Ah thank you! I was looking at the matrix from the question rather than the normal identity one, makes a lot more sense now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elcor)
    monstrous?

Maybe I should be allowed to write a whole FP3 paper ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    monstrous?

fairly monstrous

In terms of A-Level standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    monstrous?

would be more interesting to see a step paper from you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninjasinpjs)
    would be more interesting to see a step paper from you
    STEP has a very unique style which is very different to mine.

However this time next year there will be 26 SPECIAL IYGB papers which will offer very difficult questions across the standard C1-C4 syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    STEP has a very unique style which is very different to mine.

However this time next year there will be 26 SPECIAL IYGB papers which will offer very difficult questions across the standard C1-C4 syllabus.
    Was about to teach my self to do 'step', holly molly, that would have been a nightmare. Pretty cool too see the types of questions though.

ReputationRep:
    Was about to teach my self to do 'step', holly molly, that would have been a nightmare. Pretty cool too see the types of questions though.
    Some students have no choice if they need to do certain courses in certain universities.

ReputationRep:
    Step is just questions on knowledge from a level. All you do is papers to practice and nothibg else really!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Step is just questions on knowledge from a level. All you do is papers to practice and nothibg else really!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Understood, but sometimes you really do need some one to explain a concept to you, I don't have that because I'm teaching my self A levels.

ReputationRep:
    Understood, but sometimes you really do need some one to explain a concept to you, I don't have that because I'm teaching my self A levels.
    Let me tell you ... best way to learn is "self taught". Only problem it takes a lot longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Let me tell you ... best way to learn is "self taught". Only problem it takes a lot longer.
    I would thumbs up your comment but TSR doesn't allow me too =[

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 13, 2015

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.