Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    For Inspector calls, after looking at all the past papers i predict that Sheila or Mr. Birling may come up for the character profile and for the general question Family relationships or the change of the character many come up. These are my predictions and I'm 100% one of these will come up for the Literature exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjude)
    I was thinking that it could be Curley or Candy as they haven't come up yet. It could even be a general theme instead of a specific character
    Yhh them two and for the theme, it might be loneliness or dreams because they haven't come up yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starz1234)
    For Inspector calls, after looking at all the past papers i predict that Sheila or Mr. Birling may come up for the character profile and for the general question Family relationships or the change of the character many come up. These are my predictions and I'm 100% one of these will come up for the Literature exam
    I have got a feeling that one of the questions will be like 'Remind yourself of the Inspector's final speech' because that's quite important and they haven't asked a question about that before

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to fail this GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adapttochangelad)
    I have got a feeling that one of the questions will be like 'Remind yourself of the Inspector's final speech' because that's quite important and they haven't asked a question about that before

I dunno but I really want that to be like the question like a little extract of it and because also they haven't done that for a while yet

ReputationRep:
    Can someone pleeeease give me an essay structure or what to put in each paragraph for these characters?
    Slim
    candy
    george and lennie?
    i know it's a big ask but Im not too sure how much I should write?
    Bit bad as I'm predicted an a* though :/
    a big thank you to whoever helps me out!

ReputationRep:
    I keep getting D's for my essay questions (practice ones) how can I get a higher grade?

ReputationRep:
    More in depth analysis of language used.
    Use the PEEL, point evidence explanation, then link back.

ReputationRep:
    urgent! anyone give any predictions for TKAMB and The Crucible?! We can discuss and give help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JG12333)
    More in depth analysis of language used.
    Use the PEEL, point evidence explanation, then link back.
    i get told to do PEELE paragraphs,
    point
    evidence
    explanation
    language
    effect on reader
    just a little different might be a help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie15)
    urgent! anyone give any predictions for TKAMB and The Crucible?! We can discuss and give help.
    I've heard Danforth and the Putnams for the Crucible,

and the theme of Courage for TKAM...

Don't take my word for it though, but I'm drafting answers right now

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, does the heron eating the little snake have any significance in the novella? Does it foreshadowing anything? Because when i was reading the book, it came across my mind that it upholds some significance.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by web-girl)
    For OMAM is is ok to write about my brother keeper* and the Arthurian legends* which are parallels theme in OMAM, or is it seen as going too off topic. I wrote about it in a mock exam out of a whim to gain extra marks because I knew it would impress my teacher. I could perhaps squeeze a paragraph in this in my essay but is it worth it?

*For those who don't know> Cliff notes.
    I wouldn't... Focus on the themes in the novel itself, they'd probably deem it too off topic and discussing the themes within the novel rather than parallels in greater depth would likely be a better use of time and gain you more marks

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas for who might come up in the character question of An Inspector Calls?
    I'm praying for Sheila!

ReputationRep:
    Interesting point! I always thought that the heron and the snake symbolised something. The only thing I could thing of is that the snake in the beginning of the novella is described as harmless whereas at the end it is lurking and very much a predator. Perhaps it relates to Lennies situation? Not too sure though

ReputationRep:
    Whatever it is we have all read the book and no doubt no the novels inside out so just think and we'll all be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for carlson or whit to come up?!
    I wouldnt know what to say if they did come up! Aghh help <3

ReputationRep:
    What's coming up for OMAM and AIC?

ReputationRep:
    Hey can anyone help me out ? For the of mice and men question there are two parts and I am just wondering could you possibly link ur answer to the context in part a even though it is for part b ? So there is a question on slim and a asks for how he is presented but b asks how are some people more important than the others. Could I write that he is important in part a so talking about the context in a or do I only sayit in b?

can someone please tell me if candy has come up before?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.