Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me the difference between entrapment and membrane separation as methods of immobilising enzymes? The textbooks seem to list them as separate methods but they seem to be identical?

ie
    Enzyme separated from substrate.
    Substrate diffuses through barrier.
    Enzyme catalyses reaction.
    Product diffuses out of barrier.

There is no difference between entrapping/encapsulating enzymes using the membrane separation technique??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebc)
    Hi guys i'm a bit confused and was wondering anyone could help
    To get an a* overall in the A2 units you need 270 UMS and on the OCR website it says students need to have 90% in all their A2 units
    but if someone got a high A in their A2 PSAs and then high A*s in their 2 exams so their UMS still added up to 270 would they be awarded an A* or an A?
    A*

You need a total of 270/300 from the three units. It doesn't matter how you get to 270. So you could get 150/150 for f215, 60/60 for f216 and 60/90 for f214 and still get an a*

:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The infamous Q.)
    A*

You need 270/300. It doesn't matter how you get to 270. So you could get 150/150 for f215, 60/60 for f216 and 60/90 for f214 and still get an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so what does it mean when they say you need 90% in all A2 units?

ReputationRep:
    A*

You need a total of 270/300 from the three units. It doesn't matter how you get to 270. So you could get 150/150 for f215, 60/60 for f216 and 60/90 for f214 and still get an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bu thank u for response you have reassured me so much!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys this is an O level question. Cant find any help. Ans this question and explain thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Over all you need 90%, so 90% of the overall available A2 UMS, so 270/300 UMS. I don't know why this is so hard for everyone to get their heads around... Realistically, who's going to get all 90s?

ReputationRep:
    Finally grasped photosynthesis especially the annoying experiments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnekaChan173)
    Over all you need 90%, so 90% of the overall available A2 UMS, so 270/300 UMS. I don't know why this is so hard for everyone to get their heads around... Realistically, who's going to get all 90s?
    Im on a gap year but mans got 57/60 on f216, 86/90 on f214 but 93/150 on f215.. :smug:

Mans retaking dat f215

Hopefully i'll get a* fam :yes::hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's some dodgy wording or something :hmmm:

Ive always know that all u need for a* is 90% of the ums available at a2. Doesnt matter how you get them, just as long as you do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im on a gap year but mans got 57/60 on f216, 86/90 on f214 but 93/150 on f215.. :smug:

Mans retaking dat f215

Hopefully i'll get a* fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hard luck, you did well in the practicals and f214
    Good luck, and same here hopefully I'll get it too
    How's the gap year going?

ReputationRep:
    The 2015 one is not out yet for obvious reasons

ReputationRep:

Mans retaking dat f215

Hopefully i'll get a* fam :yes::hand:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what happened on f215?

ReputationRep:
    I have a photosynthesis one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollybryant82)
    ah ok thanks, that 'min' things sounds like another one of them over specific ocr stupid markschemes! yeah i will do and i've sent you a pm aswell! will be able to help you on the immobilsed enzymes one x
    Cheers! I've just emailed you! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mnorth15)
    Cheers! I've just emailed you! x
    no problem! just emailed back! x

ReputationRep:
    Hey can you pm me on immobilised enzymes to please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aneesah_May)
    Hey can you pm me on immobilised enzymes to please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah sure! i've just pm'd you x

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you specifically write phototaxis when you did the practical? because I only wrote specifically photokinesis. But I hope i've done well cause I did lots of revision for it and well done on 17/20 that's such a good mark I hope I got that because my eval marks is what is bring me down
    I can't actually remember exactly what I put, I think i put something about both kinesis and taxis aiding survival or something? I might just be imagining that though! Yeh I did quite a bit of revision as well so you should be fine, I hope you have. Thank you, I was so pleased and surprised! Its my second practical that has let me down so resitting that.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the evaluative on temperature of cells or enzymes something like that?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.