Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have a conditional offer for adult nursing, can't wait! is there a facebook account for 2015 King's nurses?

ReputationRep:
    It's really weird but I got a conditional offer from King's but the condition is to pass the MMI and send the APEL form. I just found out odd to get the offer before the interview! I haven't got a date for the interview yet though. Has anyone else gotten an offer like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellen91)
    Hello! I have a conditional offer for adult nursing, can't wait! is there a facebook account for 2015 King's nurses?
    Need a little help here for a friend, she got a conditional offer from Kings College London University, but the conditions is that she must submit her results within 2 weeks after the release date, however for her gcse English language she had got a grade C, I think she's retaking that this year, she's aiming for a B or even an A but that is not stated in the conditional offer. She was asking me about what I think and I told her the best thing for you to do is phone in, its been 2 months and she is still nervous if the phone call would affect her offer. Do you know what would happen if that grade is not met, the course that she wants to study is adult nursing and for all nursing courses you must have a grade B.

ReputationRep:
    If she is re-taking the GCSE she just needs to let King's know that her results will arive a bit later than the date their asking for which should be fine, I'm not sure what happens if you don't get the required GCSE, I know that if you miss the diploma/A level requirements by a small amount, you may still have a chance if there is enough places, I would advise to give them a call as asking questions won't effect the offer and best to hear it from the admissions team!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceturner89)
    Hi, I've just accepted the Bsc Children's Nursing as my UCAS deadline was today and I thought I might not get a positive result on my APEL (i'm a SEN teaching assistant at the moment so not very health-based), so didn't want to take the risk of loosing all my offers if i didn't pass.
    What are you doing for accommodation? Even though i'm now doing the undergrad course i'd still like to live with older (slightly!) students. I'm 26 by the way, thinking of private housing, not halls!
    Chloe
    How do you find out your ucas deadline?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I know I've asked this a million times before but...has anyone heard back from the APEL form submission yet?! Sent mine sooooo long ago now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmew)
    How do you find out your ucas deadline?
    Its on your UCAS track account, comes up on the first page as a reminder once you've logged in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katbatt)
    Hey everyone! I know I've asked this a million times before but...has anyone heard back from the APEL form submission yet?! Sent mine sooooo long ago now!
    I emailed Kings to find out my APEL result as I wanted to know before I had to submit my decision on UCAS (my deadline was 6th May). They got back to me 4 hours before the midnight deadline - cutting it fine. I got the impression they wouldn't have told me unless i'd contacted them. Funny how they expect you to make such a big decision without all the information especially when they promise to give you your result within 4-6 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceturner89)
    I emailed Kings to find out my APEL result as I wanted to know before I had to submit my decision on UCAS (my deadline was 6th May). They got back to me 4 hours before the midnight deadline - cutting it fine. I got the impression they wouldn't have told me unless i'd contacted them. Funny how they expect you to make such a big decision without all the information especially when they promise to give you your result within 4-6 weeks!
    So have you 'passed' it? I also had to make my decision by the 6th of may, so I put them as my firm choice and then made an insurance choice also. I did call them and they said only once has someone not passed it but i still want it to be confirmed! I'm going to have to call them ...again!! 4-6weeks is so not the case! Well done on getting it confirmed though!

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry everyone but what do you mean by APEL?!

I have been accepted for Adult Nursing at Kings due to start this september, passed the MMI etc and accepted my place however all this talk of 'APEL' is scaring me that I havent heard anything about it!!

If someone could educate a blonde on this please...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodiemarie1)
    Really sorry everyone but what do you mean by APEL?!

I have been accepted for Adult Nursing at Kings due to start this september, passed the MMI etc and accepted my place however all this talk of 'APEL' is scaring me that I havent heard anything about it!!

If someone could educate a blonde on this please...
    Are you doing the postgrad diploma? It's only relevant to the postgrad applicants since it's basically proving that you can do the 2 year course, instead of the 3 year bachelor course

ReputationRep:
    No the undergraduate! Haha probably why I've never heat rid of it then.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katey89)
    Just received a conditional offer for Adult Nursing! So happy!!! 😃😃

I have my MMI interview at King's College on the 27th May and was wondering would you guys be able to tell me what they ask you in the MMI

ReputationRep:
    Yay I just got an email that I passed my MMI \o/
    Has anyone heard back about their APEL form yet? Do you think I should call them up to ask directly or wait?

ReputationRep:
    I've got my maths and English tests and mmi coming up in a week.. Should I do the APEL before that? How do you do it? Also what are people doing for housing? Kings is my first choice and I'll be 25 when I start so don't really want to go into halls...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeanneFoukes)
    I've got my maths and English tests and mmi coming up in a week.. Should I do the APEL before that? How do you do it? Also what are people doing for housing? Kings is my first choice and I'll be 25 when I start so don't really want to go into halls...
    I think it's best to just send to APEL asap. It takes a while to process.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, found out I passed the MMI a couple of days ago so starting to think of accommodation! Are there any PGDip nurses who are a bit older (I'm 25) and aren't sure where to live? I wouldn't mind halls, but it's so difficult to choose!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have a conditional offer for Mental Health Nursing at King's. They are asking for BBB at A-Level which isn't too bad, but I am wondering whether they would accept lower or equivalent. I'm really struggling in biology and don't think I can get the B (got a D last year) but I know I could get AA or even A*A/B in my other two subjects. I know that biology is pretty important obviously especially in nursing but my UCAS advisor said they take a lot more into consideration before rejecting a nursing student? I wanted to know whether anyone else got lower than their offer or if I should just accept that I'm gonna get into another uni based on UCAS points. My predicted grades were ABC, if that helps, and the interview/test went great. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I wondered if anyone could explain what the MMI interview is like? Is it role play type stuff or...?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

Myself, Chloe and Sammi will be starting Pre Registration Nursing this September. We're aged 25-26 and have all lived in halls before during first degrees, so we have decided to live off campus in a privately rented flat/house this time round.

We are looking for a four bedded property and we were wondering if there is another nursing student who wanted to join us. We are searching for a four bed with a lounge or open plan living space so we can chill out after placement shifts! Our budget is around £150-160 a week, and we aim to start looking at properties soon so that it is sorted nice and early!

If you are interested in joining us, then please get in touch

Izzy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 19, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.