Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Ignoring the fact that he plays on the wing at PSG because of Ibra...
    He already had high/ high workrates, makes sense to play him on the wing. so annoying when you're trying to put the final through ball and your ST is in a CDM position because of high defensive workrates.

ReputationRep:
    Cavani is a frustrating player to watch, guy has an amazing work rate and will do a job but the amount of sitters he misses in big games particularly is frustrating. Between him and Giroud are the worst strikers I know when it comes to ****ting their pants against Chelsea.

Also did **** all for them in the world cup without an injured Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    Ignoring the fact that he plays on the wing at PSG because of Ibra...
    He plays 'on the wing'. Whenever you watch him he either moves behind or alongside Ibra in an advanced role, and whenever Ibra is injured (a lot of the time), he takes on striking duty. His record is not shabby, but not unbelievable, and with Ibra ageing, PSG would want big money for Cavani (£50 million odd), which he just is not worth. He also seems to play better when alongside a superior player (Suarez/Ibra).

I wouldn't turn him down if we could sign him for £35 million, but his market value is majorly inflated.

ReputationRep:
    What's the delay with the Gabriel signing? Does Wenger want to see how low the Euro goes before he puts pen to paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Cavani is a frustrating player to watch, guy has an amazing work rate and will do a job but the amount of sitters he misses in big games particularly is frustrating. Between him and Giroud are the worst strikers I know when it comes to ****ting their pants against Chelsea.

Also did **** all for them in the world cup without an injured Suarez.
    I noticed this as well. Cavani seems to find tap-ins harder than outside-the-box shots.

He did alright when he had a superior player alongside him, again like Giroud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    What's the delay with the Gabriel signing? Does Wenger want to see how low the Euro goes before he puts pen to paper?
    Deal is probably done already, they just haven't announced yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I noticed this as well. Cavani seems to find tap-ins harder than outside-the-box shots.

He did alright when he had a superior player alongside him, again like Giroud.
    Yeah. Although I think Napoli knew how to utilise him the best, they had him with Lavezzi and Hamsik flanking him which did damage, they played a lot on the counter attack under Mazzari which used Cavani's pace and work rate.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Although I think Napoli knew how to utilise him the best, they had him with Lavezzi and Hamsik flanking him which did damage, they played a lot on the counter attack under Mazzari which used Cavani's pace and work rate.
    Yeah their strikeforce was insane, and they used pace alongside him, instead of an ageing old fart like Ibra. I still think Cavani is not worth £50 million, but he would be great for cheaper (if you used him correctly).

ReputationRep:
    Cavani has a good rating on FIFA doe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Mesut Ozil makes me love football like I did as a kid. My favourite player at this club. I really want to see him do well. There is just a beauty to his game that I have not seen around these parts since Bergkamp. Top top bloke too. He represents everything I love to see in a footballer. Humble background as a minority, worked hard as an underdog, people hate on him (especially German+British press) and he has Wenger who loves him and believes in him.

See that assist to Cole at 0:05? That is what I thought of when I saw his flick at the weekend against Brighton.
    As much as I like Ozil he has been a waste of money so far. He's been too injury prone and even when he has played he hasn't made the impact on the game you would expect for a 42m player. Hopefully he can get over his injuries and show his world class ability like he did at Real Madrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Yeah their strikeforce was insane, and they used pace alongside him, instead of an ageing old fart like Ibra. I still think Cavani is not worth £50 million, but he would be great for cheaper (if you used him correctly).
    Definitely. I'd shell out the same amount as Costa, can see Cavani doing a similar job in the PL to Costa with the service of Chelsea/City/Arsenal. Don't see him doing well at United as they have a pretty unbalanced midfield and their tactical setup is pretty atrocious in an attacking sense.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by sr90)
    Indeed, if he was called Edward Cavendish nobody would rate him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edward Cavendish you know :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. I'd shell out the same amount as Costa, can see Cavani doing a similar job in the PL to Costa with the service of Chelsea/City/Arsenal. Don't see him doing well at United as they have a pretty unbalanced midfield and their tactical setup is pretty atrocious in an attacking sense.
    Out of interest what did you think of Costa and Mou yesterday, seeing as you're the only respectable Chelsea fan on tsr?

ReputationRep:
    Gomez was a ****ing beast for Bayern and Stuttgart.

Gomez puts most strikers goalscoring rate to shame. 74 goals in 85 appearances from 2010-12 in League+CL.
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Out of interest what did you think of Costa and Mou yesterday, seeing as you're the only respectable Chelsea fan on tsr?
    I genuinely didn't watch the game as properly as other people have. From what it sounds like one was seemed to be accidental and the other one was blatant. The Gerrard one well both players got into each others faces and both should have been sent off.

Mourinho was annoyed about a few decisions(in particular Lucas not being sent off for the challenge before the Ivanovic goal) but again I didn't have commentary on so I can't really deem what happened. From what it sounds like Costa should be banned, but I'm disappointed that they're planning on fasttracking the ban with no right to appeal when Rooney is able to get away with elbowing a player e.g.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    As much as I like Ozil he has been a waste of money so far. He's been too injury prone and even when he has played he hasn't made the impact on the game you would expect for a 42m player. Hopefully he can get over his injuries and show his world class ability like he did at Real Madrid.
    Ozil has not been a waste of money.

ReputationRep:

Gomez puts most strikers goalscoring rate to shame. 74 goals in 85 appearances from 2010-12 in League+CL.

I genuinely didn't watch the game as properly as other people have. From what it sounds like one was seemed to be accidental and the other one was blatant. The Gerrard one well both players got into each others faces and both should have been sent off.

Mourinho was annoyed about a few decisions(in particular Lucas not being sent off for the challenge before the Ivanovic goal) but again I didn't have commentary on so I can't really deem what happened. From what it sounds like Costa should be banned, but I'm disappointed that they're planning on fasttracking the ban with no right to appeal when Rooney is able to get away with elbowing a player e.g.
    What a ****ing beast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    What a ****ing beast.
    Add to that in his final season he scored a goal every 70mins despite being rotated regularly.

ReputationRep:

Pretty much agree, from what the commentary suggested the first was deliberate and the second not so much and the Gerrard incident was 50/50. Sounded like Chelsea didn't get the penalty decision either.

I hadn't heard that they were trying to fast track a ban, but then again there is a conspiracy/ campaign against Chelsea so it doesn't surprise me

In all seriousness though Mou is just a complete **** tbh, he should be manager of Liverpool with his victim mentality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Pretty much agree, from what the commentary suggested the first was deliberate and the second not so much and the Gerrard incident was 50/50. Sounded like Chelsea didn't get the penalty decision either.

I hadn't heard that they were trying to fast track a ban, but then again there is a conspiracy/ campaign against Chelsea so it doesn't surprise me

In all seriousness though Mou is just a complete **** tbh, he should be manager of Liverpool with his victim mentality
    Yeah Mous a bit of a ****. Although I was pretty happy with his tactics in the stamford bridge leg. My main problems was Mourinho making clear mistakes in team selections and letting certain players play for 90mins/slowing down the play or deciding not to attack a team.

I don't really care if he embarrasses himself because I don't watch his interviews any more unless there's a genuine insight to a situation. I just want to see good tactics on the field.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    FINALLY

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ing-of-gabriel

#WelcomeGabriel

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.