Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    Baddeley and Hitch (1974) proposed that memory is divided into 4 components. The central executive monitors and co-ordinates mental functions in the working memory and can be used for mental arithmetic and problem solving. The phonological loop is divided into the phonological store (inner ear) which holds speech based information and the articulatory process (inner voice) which allows for vocal rehearsal from the store. The Visio-spatial sketch pad is responsible for visual and spatial information. It can be used for navigation and referencing. The episodic buffer gathers information from all these components + LTM and stores it as an 'episode' of your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uglyula)
    WMM consists of multiple stores, with active processing of information in each system
    TCE= coordinates systems by directing attention to particular tasks. Information from LTM, capacity is limited
    PHONO LOOP= vocal information comes from phonological stores known as inner voice. Articulatory process reherses information acting as inner ear
    VISUOSPATIAL SKETCHPAD= concerns our preception of movement and processes visual and spatial information from our senses or LTM
    EPISODIC BUFFER is a general store added years later
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyjones3)
    theres a chance this is wrong as i dont really understand it but...

central executive- control system, modality free, supervisory function, directs information to the correct slave system

phonological loop- limited capacity slave system containing the inner ear and inner voice and converts verbal information into speech based format

visuo-spatial sketchpad- limited capactiy temporary storage system for visual and spatial information, containing the visual cache and inner scribe.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    can someone outline bowlbys theory that would get 6/6 please for a01
    Bowlby's theory of attachment is an evolutionary theory because in his view, attachment is a behaviour system which has evolved.

According to Bowlby, infants create drive to form attachments: due to long term benefits. Bowlby suggests that infants form one special bond with their primary attachment figure known as monotropy. Infants should also form many secondary attachments as this is important for a healthy psychological and social development.

The sensitivity period is a biologically determined period between 3-6 months where the infant is sensitive to specific stimulation. The mother-infant relationship creates expectations about relationships. This leads to an internal working model which in the long term acts as a template towards future relationships. The theory also includes the continuity hypothesis. Infants who are securely attached will continue to be more socially and emotionally capable in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asifa129)
    Would it be helpful if i sent you an image from the source i use to learn about the working memorY.

For psychology, iam usinf the aqa endorsed textboook and the collins eye-textbook...it is sufficient to get high a-grades using both these textbooks
    Don't worry about it - some people have replied with some simple explanations. Thank you so much though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anniemp)
    I've just learnt this today because had a quick panic and realised theres a possibility of it coming up as a 12 marker. I've done a plan of what to write, but I'm not 100% sure I'm right so please correct me if wrong!
    So if the question is: Discuss how reserach into attachment and day care has influenced child care practices...
    1. Bowlby
    - Principle of sensitive period: i.e. attachments form between 2 and a half and if you don't form an attachment in this period, problems later on...etc
    - How influenced child care: low child to staff ratio (3:1) for 0-2 year old as according to Bowlby, this is when attachments are most likely to form and haveing a low child to staff ratio means the children get enough attention. Also, adoption practices have changed as usually the mother was encouraged to keep the baby for as long as possible before putting it up for adoption, but now adoptions are made ASAP because after 2.5 years, it's increasinly difficult to form an attachment - according to Bowlby.
    (you could also talk about minimal staff turnover and consistency of care etc)
    For evaluation, you would just evaluate Bowlby normally. So, Hodges and Tizard support it, Kagan says he ignores temperament, and all that
    2. Hodges and Tizard
    - Explain briefly the study and explain they found children who had formed no attachment acted aggressively later in life.
    Influences for child care: Staff in institutions are now encouraged to form attachment with the children to avoid this aggressive behaviour. Therfore, they need qualified staff to help communicate with the children and respond sensitively to their needs.
    You would then evaluate this study as usual, e.g. only 65 children
    3. Roberton and Bowlby - PDD model
    Explain the study briefly and explain they found children who were separated from primary caregivers were likely to: protest, despair, detach...
    Influences for child care: Hospitals have more flexible visitng times for chldren to ensure attachment is not disrupted or broken, reducing the PDD effects. The visiting arrangements are allowed and encouraged.
    Then evalute the study as usual.

Sorry if this is really long! Hopefully it doesn't come up, but it is probably worth knowing just in case because it is on the spec, and there is enough for a 12 marker. Hope this help some people xx
    Really helpful, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys I'm gonna take my exam on the 11th of may as well. if you click on the link it should give you some prediction for this particular exam, but please don't just rely on the predictions http://www.loopa.co.uk/as-psychology...edictions-aqa/

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me with memory improvement strategies?? How do I apply a strategy to Bowlby's theory.. I'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    Really helpful, thank you!
    You're welcome! Kind of hoping it does come up now after writing all that haha! xx

ReputationRep:
    What is content anaylsis and investigater effects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CantonHero)
    Schemas is no longer needed to be known.
    Anything not on the specification is not needed.
    Thanks! Does anyone know about if knowledge about the scales of measurement are needed for research methods? (I.e. Nominal, ordinal etc.)

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    These are the topics that the 12 markers have been on in the past:

Jan 2009 - Developmental
    June 2009 - Cognitive
    Jan 2010 - Developmental
    June 2010 - Developmental
    Jan 2011 -Cognitive
    June 2011 - Cognitive
    Jan 2012 - Cognitive
    June 2012 - Developmental
    Jan 2013 - Developmental
    June 2013 - Developmental
    No Jan 2014 paper
    June 2014 - Cognitive
    No Jan 2015 paper

Anyone else strongly believe it'll be a cognitive question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssn2125)
    Thanks! Does anyone know about if knowledge about the scales of measurement are needed for research methods? (I.e. Nominal, ordinal etc.)

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Scales of measurement is A2. Only thing I can think of close to that you need to know is understanding what standard deviation of data means (if there's overlap, for example).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    What is content anaylsis and investigater effects
    Content analysis is a technique for analysing qualitative data.

Investigator effects occur when the researcher unconsciously conveys to the participant how they should behave. They may give unintentional cues in their mannerisms e.g. smiling/frowning (bias' results)

ReputationRep:
    Content analysis is a technique for analysing qualitative data.

Investigator effects occur when the researcher unconsciously conveys to the participant how they should behave. They may give unintentional cues in their mannerisms e.g. smiling/frowning (bias' results)
    Also quantitative data ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamzy25)
    Also quantitative data ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can change the qualitative data into quantitative form e.g. creating categories and counting how many time a behaviour occurs

ReputationRep:
    You can change the qualitative data into quantitative form e.g. creating categories and counting how many time a behaviour occurs
    Exactly. That allows for a correlation to be drawn and also it's much more simple and quicker. Qualitative data I think gives rich detail?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any model 12 mark answers on research into deprivation and also one into privation? Or even just full notes for both ao1 and ao2 because i'm not really sure what to include and how to structure it. AND when evaluating impact/research into daycare, what do you write for ao2? Can you write about mediating factors and is that enough or?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasx_)
    Does anyone have any model 12 mark answers on research into deprivation and also one into privation? Or even just full notes for both ao1 and ao2 because i'm not really sure what to include and how to structure it. AND when evaluating impact/research into daycare, what do you write for ao2? Can you write about mediating factors and is that enough or?
    I think for deprivation/disruption I'd outline the PDD model and the study of john, then just evaluate it. And for privation do hodges and Tizard and Rutter and evaluate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    These are the topics that the 12 markers have been on in the past:

Jan 2009 - Developmental
    June 2009 - Cognitive
    Jan 2010 - Developmental
    June 2010 - Developmental
    Jan 2011 -Cognitive
    June 2011 - Cognitive
    Jan 2012 - Cognitive
    June 2012 - Developmental
    Jan 2013 - Developmental
    June 2013 - Developmental
    No Jan 2014 paper
    June 2014 - Cognitive
    No Jan 2015 paper

Anyone else strongly believe it'll be a cognitive question??
    I have a strong feeling that it will be on one of the memory models or age EWT

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.