Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMB07)
    Anyone else put the triester for the IR Spec? I never recall seeing the peak for OH which everyone else seems to have seen...:curious:
    Yeah I didn't see that either. The spec always refers to a peak representing OH as a "broad" peak at about 3200. There was definitely not a broad peak.😂

ReputationRep:
    Screwed that one up. Did pretty much every past paper blind for revision, and none of them were anything close to as hard as this. Im kinda worried i wont get the A i need now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denarkas)
    Screwed that one up. Did pretty much every past paper blind for revision, and none of them were anything close to as hard as this. Im kinda worried i wont get the A i need now.
    Exactly the same boat, just praying f335 is nothing like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beasttty)
    No... the Tri had esters on the sides, no free alcohol groups by themself
    your looking at the repeating unit, when looking at the monomer pretty sure it did but either way it was worth 2 marks max but talking to others most said di

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebs_ox)
    Same here. I did a resit of F332 and it was so much better than any other F332 paper I've ever done. I'm hoping F335 is the same. F334 was completely different to anything else I have ever done.

ReputationRep:
    I put di for the ester question, It had two peaks in the C-O range implying two C-O bonds at different positions no? can someone explain why they put triester?

ReputationRep:
    predictions for an A (raw mark)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebs_ox)
    Same here, praying for low grade boundries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry4625)
    your looking at the repeating unit, when looking at the monomer pretty sure it did but either way it was worth 2 marks max but talking to others most said di
    everyone is saying tri on here

ReputationRep:
    For the steel bit did u guys talk about scrap steel? Cant remember exactly what the question was though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingcobra007)
    I put di for the ester question, It had two peaks in the C-O range implying two C-O bonds at different positions no? can someone explain why they put triester?
    i also did mention that , the logical thing would be to put di but unfortunately ocr examiners don't know what logic is

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the 2 marker about the high resistance voltmeter having an incorrect value? excluding experimental error

ReputationRep:
    In the Electrochemical cells diagram, all ions were in solution right? with 2 platinum electrode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordGaben)
    For the steel bit did u guys talk about scrap steel?
    I just said that scrap steel was magnetic so could easily be reused again. I'm sure it was incorrect though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holliejadex)
    What did everyone put for the 2 marker about the high resistance voltmeter having an incorrect value? excluding experimental error
    i just talked about how they weren't at the correct standard conditions, i think they said 0.1 mol when it should be 1.00? i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TikiLodge)
    I just said that scrap steel was magnetic so could easily be reused again. I'm sure it was incorrect though
    I wrote it was a coolant and could adjust the temp of furnace

ReputationRep:
    I said how it was at 20 degrees instead of 25 but I think that might come under experimental error. I didn't know what else to put

ReputationRep:
    Did people get 0.8 for that Ecell question

ReputationRep:
    Non standard conditions 0.1M instead of 1M and 20degrews instead of 25 degrees

(Original post by LordGaben)
    For the steel bit did u guys talk about scrap steel? Cant remember exactly what the question was though
    Yeah to adjust temperature of furnace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry4625)
    i also did mention that , the logical thing would be to put di but unfortunately ocr examiners don't know what logic is
    Exactly! Glad im not the only one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.