Gonville and Caius College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants Watch

Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
owww, bop, my headdddd, owww, rowing in an hour, owwwww...
DrCube
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Heh.

But it was for charity!
Elfin Doll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good Luck to everyone - the rejection letters are out already.......
aminalia89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
big hugs to anyone who didn't get an interview and only a couple of weeks left, good luck everyone
Neutral_Tones
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Elfin Doll: :hugs:

aminalia, I might see you on the 5th December! Aaah only about 2 weeks to go :eek: - are you panicking yet? Good luck!!!
aminalia89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah i am a little and i feel so unprepared. i hope to see you there , i'll be the girl who brought her mummy along oh and good luck !
indobritman
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My friend from hong kong recieved an email saying that Gonville and Caius dont think it will be practicable for him to come for an interview and his placement will be based on what has been submitted.

he got 3 A* 7A at GCSE AAAB at AS level and AAAA predicted.

could this mean that he is going to be rejected straight off or is it a good thing?

apparently it says on the gonville and caius webiste that they do not interview international applicatnts?
Llamaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
they normally do interview international applicants- normally in their home country. What your friend was told could be good or bad- it's anyone's guess.
aminalia89
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what are you applying for havokiba?
greenerwhiterblacker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Has anyone recieved information about accomodation?
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I havent....

Do we meant to?
greenerwhiterblacker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well I thought so... it isnt totally guaranteed (I dont think) and we will need to know our room number and time to arrive if nothing else.
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think we might need to e-mail them?

are you planning to do so?
Tomas
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You need to inform the Admissions Office in case you require accommodation. Most of you will be living in Harvey Court which is a 5 minute walk from the Old Courts (the main college site). It is where the first years live during term, however most of us will be gone by the time you arrive. There will be people showing you around, and there will be some interview assistants available. If you have any problems during your stay, one of the interview assistants (Holly) is living in room B43 in Harvey Court, probably very close to where you will be staying - just go and knock on her door in case you need any help or have any questions (and say hi from Tomas her neighbour). I will be staying in a building close to Harvey Court till the afternoon of December 5th, so feel free to contact me too if you have any questions or other issues, or can't find anyone to show you around to where you have your interviews/tests.

Good luck to everyone.
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
cool, thanks Tomas.

Probably wont see you there then if am going on the 7th!
greenerwhiterblacker
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Thanks Tomas

I wrote on the form that I would like accomodation, but havent heard anything back was the thing. Im sure they're really busy though!
Chewwy
Rep:
?
there'll be this guy called james hanging around too. tell him shaun says he's gay. he'll see the funny side.
Chewwy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tomas)
I will be staying in a building close to Harvey Court till the afternoon of December 5th
really??? shb, or not? actually, i'll just ask you when i see you in 5 hours time
Computer_Dude
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you guys think we need to e-mail them to confirm the accomdation? or shall we just expect that we have been given the dates we asked for??

thx
Chewwy
Rep:
?
email.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads