Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethThacker)
    I had the Spanish paper as well how did you find it?
    I think it went really well I think the only thing I may have messed up a bit was the grammar section as I didn't read the sentences properly haha. I wasn't too worried about it though as I already have a high B, it was just because I was something like 2 marks off an A and we all know how frustrating that can be haha. How did you find it? Which essay did you pick?

Also, good luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedbrownboy)
    Women's suffragr topic people !!!!

I'm just going to memorise the content on women's personal lives and educational opportunities for women and girls and the impact of this on their workplace opportunities.

Good idea or does it sound potentially hazardous ???

Please help, what shall I revise as I only have time to pick two sections
    I think quite a few of us feel employment opportunities may come up, although it could still be anything!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me with provenance for the A question please ?!!?!?

How do I discuss source origin and NOPO or Napa whatever that is ..,???

ReputationRep:
    Exam today Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helennfoster)
    I think it went really well I think the only thing I may have messed up a bit was the grammar section as I didn't read the sentences properly haha. I wasn't too worried about it though as I already have a high B, it was just because I was something like 2 marks off an A and we all know how frustrating that can be haha. How did you find it? Which essay did you pick?

Also, good luck with your exams!
    Well considering I'm in my first year, I don't think it went particularly well hoping to get a C though
    Good luck to your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everybody today! May the force be with you!

Some inspirational stuff...

ReputationRep:
    I think quite a few of us feel employment opportunities may come up, although it could still be anything!
    Is that stuff like what women were employed in during the war and stuff like with the typewriter being introduced in 1880s and telephones being more widely used womens were employed in secretarial work. And how by 1914 the post office was the largest employer of women?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Welp I'm going to fail this but good luck everyone today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it encompasses: trade unions; technological advances (typewriters etc); work in WW1 i.e munitions, dilution, substitution and equal pay; work after WW1; government action in 1919 (sex disqualification act and unemployment benefit); work in 1920s where they were predominantly employed in domestic devices and married women were discriminated against

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it encompasses: trade unions; technological advances (typewriters etc); work in WW1 i.e munitions, dilution, substitution and equal pay; work after WW1; government action in 1919 (sex disqualification act and unemployment benefit); work in 1920s where they were predominantly employed in domestic devices and married women were discriminated against
    when talking about job opputuntiies for women would there be 2 seperate points for the employment of working class and the employment of middle/upper class? or can you put them both under 1 point.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably put it under one point, but make sure to note that for example the technological advances appealed to middle-class women due to it providing a secretarial role rather than a manual one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressedbrownboy)
    Can someone help me with provenance for the A question please ?!!?!?

How do I discuss source origin and NOPO or Napa whatever that is ..,???
    Nature- e.g is a letter, report, newsletter etc
    Origin- e.g what time period was it written and why is that significant
    Purpose- what is the source trying to do e.g convince government to change a law
    Audience- who is the source addressed to, or who would normally read the source
    Language- what is the sort of language is being used and why is that significant

You have to try to link the provenance within each of your paragraphs, they do not want to see a separate paragraph just on provenance

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElizabethThacker)
    Nature- e.g is a letter, report, newsletter etc
    Origin- e.g what time period was it written and why is that significant
    Purpose- what is the source trying to do e.g convince government to change a law
    Audience- who is the source addressed to, or who would normally read the source
    Language- what is the sort of language is being used and why is that significant

You have to try to link the provenance within each of your paragraphs, they do not want to see a separate paragraph just on provenance

Good Luck!
    Thank you so so much !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Could you please explain dilution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    Could you please explain dilution?
    Many unions believed that employing women threatened pay and status of male workers. Consequently, they only agreed to the employment of wine if skilled jobs were 'diluted'. This meant that a single skilled job would be broken down and simplified so that it could be performed by several unskilled female workers. In this sense, women would be employed in lower status and lower paid jobs than they men they replaced

ReputationRep:
    Fab thank you! Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    For those doing British Politics, has there ever been a question on Douglas-Homes? Is it likely that we could get one?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any ideas of what to say for this question in terms of own knowledge
    'do you agree with the view that the introduction of new technology in the years 1860-1914 imrpoved the opportunities and status of women in the workplace?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.