Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ergh I got 72 meters for the toy rocket question, not 7.2. Considering it had a velocity of 12m/s a
    final height of 7.2m didn't seem logical to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxSmith101)
    How did you get 22.5 for the velocity time-graph, it was just Speed= d/t, the maximum distance reached was 170 and it took 10 seconds, so 170/10 came out as 17m/s.
    That's what i got too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxSmith101)
    How did you get 22.5 for the velocity time-graph, it was just Speed= d/t, the maximum distance reached was 170 and it took 10 seconds, so 170/10 came out as 17m/s.
    The graph curved. U cant just do d/t. Because it a graph. You have to find difference in y and x then divide. Ur method wud only work If the graph was linear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    That's what i got too!
    It's 22.5 u worked out the speed of entire line

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I asked my physics teacher what he thinks the grade boundaries will be like, he said they will definitely be lower than last year by about 1-3 marks, primarily because he thinks people will have made many silly mistakes with the calculations and it was difficult to gain some of the smaller marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azim101)
    Also for the 6 marker I did not add any information of the period table or anything. I just said the relative mass for the sub atomic particles and the charge. I also said protons and neutrons are in the nucleus. That was all. I only filled around half the page. 5/6?
    Was there anything I missed?
    No. electron 1/1840 mass 1- charge. Proton mass is 1 1+ charge. Neutron mass is 1 no overall charge. The neutrons and protons are in the nuclues, and it is orbited by electrons. Electrion number = proton number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I asked my physics teacher what he thinks the grade boundaries will be like, he said they will definitely be lower than last year by about 1-3 marks, primarily because he thinks people will have made many silly mistakes with the calculations and it was difficult to gain some of the smaller marks.
    p2 will be standard grade boundaries,as so many people do them. P3 was "nothing like we have ever seen" so my teacher said definaltey lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marldor)
    No. electron 1/1840 mass 1- charge. Proton mass is 1 1+ charge. Neutron mass is 1 no overall charge. The neutrons and protons are in the nuclues, and it is orbited by electrons. Electrion number = proton number.
    I have it as 1/2000 mass Oh well, it's still close, so hopefully they will give me the benefit of the doubt!

ReputationRep:
    I messed up on the last few calculations and the half life question which is annoying
    It's strange though because I feel like everything on electricity and nuclear stuff went well, even though I thought I was better at forces than I was on the bits at the end of P2.
    I'm thinking maybe a B on P2, I just really want an A overall for unit 2 D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    most likely both
    I dont see why there is a foundation paper for the further additional. Surely it should be one tire, as it is an A-Level bridging course

ReputationRep:
    I put it as 1/2000 too as that is what it said in the CPG revision guide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meggy moo 1)
    I put it as 1/2000 too as that is what it said in the CPG revision guide
    That is correct, they will accept it as they do at A-level. Our teacher said 1/1840 was more accurate.

ReputationRep:
    That is correct, they will accept it as they do at A-level. Our teacher said 1/1840 was more accurate.
    Oh ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samfurness98)
    Exactly, it was 3600 j
    I checked with my physics teacher it was 3.6 j

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrueDAN)
    Ergh I got 72 meters for the toy rocket question, not 7.2. Considering it had a velocity of 12m/s a
    final height of 7.2m didn't seem logical to me.
    Although it isn't logical, neither are aqa so it was 7.2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moko15)
    Ok, so apparently in the P3 paper there was a question where you had to draw a Ray diagram. Like an idiot I didn't see it so I must have missed that whole page. Does anyone know how many marks I missed out on because of that page?
    I know the ray diagram itself was only three marks. And i think there were not more than two marks worth of questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dons178)
    Physics unit 2 unofficial mark scheme.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Circuits.Line C would have the greatest resistance because it has the shallower line on the graph so it has the most resistance. (2 marks).Drawing a resistor - Just a rectangle with dashes on both ends. (1 mark)Drawing a voltmeter - Voltmeter must be parallel in the circuit, so connected parallel in a circle with a "V" inside. (1 mark)Units for resistance? Ohms.(1 mark)Charge question. Charge = 51 unit = Coulombs (2 marks)Half lifeThere was 3 H.L from 80g to 10g (80 to 40 to 20 to 10) so 36/3 = 12 years, even though I messed this up in my paper oh well. (2 marks).Speed-distance time graph.Speed = distance/time = 175/10 = 1.75m/s (2 marks)Breaking distanceWhat's breaking distance?Braking distance is the distance a vehicle will travel from the point when its brakes are fully applied to when it comes to a complete halt. (1 mark)Factor effecting braking distance (1 mark)-Conditions of the road.-Weather conditionsFusion and fission.What's fission?(1 mark)Splitting of nuclei.What's sub atomic particle starts the reaction? (1 mark)Neutron.Why does repulsion force exist? (2 marks)Repulsion force why does it exist, because the nucleus has lots of protons which repel each other and like charges have repulsion.Where does fusion naturally occur? (1 mark)Stars.two advantages for fusion. (2 marks)-Doesn't produce nuclear waste.-Materials needed for fusion are easily extracted so cheaper costs.6 marker question:-Protons and neutrons found in nucleus.-Electrons found in electron shells.-Protons have mass of 1 and charge of +1.-neutrons have mass of 1 and charge of 0.-electrons have charge of -1 and mass negligible.Rutherford and his naughty plum pudding questions.Charge is positive. (1 mark)Why did his version not stick? (2 marks)Because experiments showed alpha particles refracting, reflecting and some went through so the diagram didn't prove his theory and hence why they had to change it.Why did scientists think their results were valid? (1 mark)Because it was repeated 100,000 times.MomentumWhat is meant by law of momentum? (1 or 2 marks?)Total momentum before equals total momentum after collision.Seatbelt (4 marks)Reduces impact time so increases the time for momentum to change, therefore decreasing the total momentum force and hence the impact would be less severe.Momentum (4 marks)p=m*vp= 5m/sKE and GPEE = m * v^2 * 1/2E = 50g * 12^2 * 0.5E= 3600 J (2 marks)Maximum gravitation potential energy (1 mark)3600 J or your answer to part (a) despite it being wrong.Maximum height (3 marks)E = m * g * h3600 = 0.05 * 10 * h3600 = 0.5 * h3600/0.5 = 7200mTick the graph (1 mark)Graph B.Trend of graph (2 marks)Angle 45 and less the range increases. But > 45 the range decreases.
    Thanks for that. It was a big help. Also, your calculation for the distance-time graph is wrong. I think the highest value was 170 m in 10 seconds rather than 175 m. So it should be 170/10= 17 m/s.
    And i just wanted to take your permission to put this mark scheme online on facebook for my friends to compare. are you okay with that?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I dont see why there is a foundation paper for the further additional. Surely it should be one tire, as it is an A-Level bridging course
    Yeah! , i always thought that you know!
    it doesnt make any sense to me
    i know it is compulsory , but who would do it for for a levels if they done foundation tier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSinha)
    Thanks for that. It was a big help. Also, your calculation for the distance-time graph is wrong. I think the highest value was 170 m in 10 seconds rather than 175 m. So it should be 170/10= 17 m/s.
    And i just wanted to take your permission to put this mark scheme online on facebook for my friends to compare. are you okay with that?
    Thanks
    yeah sure thing go ahead and it wasnt 17 it was actually 22.5 because the question said maximum speed and the graph was curved and then became linear so we had calculate the linear bit which was 45 in 2 secs 22.5 s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollie1903)
    Did you do triple science? It definitely wasn't in my exam paper
    yes i do do triple science higher tier

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.