Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    But what if they ask for two points split up?

ReputationRep:
    AQA can go suck a big fat one!! That trace table was complete BS, I barely have the patience for a little, never mind that one! And also, just curious, but are trace tables actually used in the industry?

ReputationRep:
    we should offer ani juice to AQA. Hopefully they'll accept and give us good marks....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That was a fairly nice exam, nothing too abstract or out of the ordinary in there

ReputationRep:
    That exam was so nice for me, going to write up all the answers I was able to program into my calculator in a sec

ReputationRep:
    Ok, did it. Bear in mind there's a good chance a couple of these are wrong. Any ones left blank were longer answer questions that I didn't have time to put into my calculator.

Spoiler:
    Show

1a)
    1b) S3
    1c) It's a failure state
    1d) a(bc)*a
    1e)

2a)
    2b) composite key

3a) 192.168.0.1
    3b) star
    3c)
    3d)
    3e)
    3f)
    3g)

4a) C, B, A
    4b) 13.625
    4c) 0.07421875
    4d) 0.101110, 01100
    4ei) 0.12
    4eii) 0.9324%

5ai) Faster
    5aii) No collisions
    5b) 751
    5c)

6)

7a) B, C
    7b)
    7c)
    7d)

8a)
    8b)
    8c)
    8d)
    8e)

9a)
    9b)
    9c)
    9d)
    10a)
    10b)
    10c)

11a)
    11b) Heuristic approach
    11c) Halting problem
    11d) O(2^n)

12a) a, taxrate2
    12b)
    12c)

ReputationRep:
    I thought that was a really easy paper - nothing too extraordinary, and we were even allowed to leave early at the end :-)

The operating system was awesome, but in hindsight I probably should have given some examples of how a real-time system works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drakton15)
    Ok, did it. Bear in mind there's a good chance a couple of these are wrong. Any ones left blank were longer answer questions that I didn't have time to put into my calculator.
    Spoiler:
    Show

1a)
    1b) S3
    1c) It's a failure state
    1d) a(bc)*a
    1e)

2a)
    2b) composite key

3a) 192.168.0.1
    3b) star
    3c)
    3d)
    3e)
    3f)
    3g)

4a) C, B, A
    4b) 13.625
    4c) 0.07421875
    4d) 0.101110, 01100
    4ei) 0.12
    4eii) 0.9324%

5ai) Faster
    5aii) No collisions
    5b) 751
    5c)

6)

7a) B, C
    7b)
    7c)
    7d)

8a)
    8b)
    8c)
    8d)
    8e)

9a)
    9b)
    9c)
    9d)
    10a)
    10b)
    10c)

11a)
    11b) Heuristic approach
    11c) Halting problem
    11d) O(2^n)

12a) a, taxrate2
    12b)
    12c)
    For question 4B I'm pretty sure the answers was 13.25 not 13.625

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aelahi23)
    For question 4B I'm pretty sure the answers was 13.25 not 13.625
    Yeah, it was 13.25
    Everything went real nice. Not sure about the ER diagram (i got many to many appointments and patients, and one to many from the others to appointments)
    Or the normalisation of the database (cant remember) though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamGrip)
    Yeah, it was 13.25
    Everything went real nice. Not sure about the ER diagram (i got many to many appointments and patients, and one to many from the others to appointments)
    Or the normalisation of the database (cant remember) though
    It was many-to-one for appointments to patients. it was 1 appointment has only one patient, but patients could have multiple appointments.

ReputationRep:
    Well I found that relatively okay. The trace table was horrible, I've never been good at them. The OS 7-marker through me off to begin with but I'm pretty sure I answered it to the full extent that I could. My teachers said it was harder than last years and potentially the hardest thus far, implying there may be relatively low grade boundaries, potentially somewhere around 75-77 (maybe 75-76) for an A.

ReputationRep:
    The trace table wasn't great, but not as horrible as it was in the past, they filled out the columns on the left so it was a lot easier to keep track of what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    The trace table wasn't great, but not as horrible as it was in the past, they filled out the columns on the left so it was a lot easier to keep track of what you're doing.
    I guess if you know how breadth-first traversing works then you can at least pick up a few marks through estimated guesses, that's what I did for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    The trace table wasn't nice, took me ages. I generally feel that this paper was harder than previous years. Nothing extraordinary but slightly longer and a ridiculous amount of 1 markers.

But all good :P
    Let's see what happens

ReputationRep:
    That exam was fab. Good thing I never attempt trace table questions anyway, good thing I left it till last and had time to spend on other sections.

Exams done, time to hit a blunt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaney96)
    Well I found that relatively okay. The trace table was horrible, I've never been good at them. The OS 7-marker through me off to begin with but I'm pretty sure I answered it to the full extent that I could. My teachers said it was harder than last years and potentially the hardest thus far, implying there may be relatively low grade boundaries, potentially somewhere around 75-77 (maybe 75-76) for an A.
    How much you thinking for a B? 70?

ReputationRep:
    Hard to get an A easy to pass kinda paper I reckon

ReputationRep:
    Except for the subnet mask question and trace table, i think it was a reasonably good paper.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

1a)
    1b) S3
    1c) It's a failure state
    1d) a(bc)*a
    1e)

2a)
    2b) composite key

3a) 192.168.0.1
    3b) star
    3c)
    3d)
    3e)
    3f)
    3g)

4a) C, B, A
    4b) 13.625
    4c) 0.07421875
    4d) 0.101110, 01100
    4ei) 0.12
    4eii) 0.9324%

5ai) Faster
    5aii) No collisions
    5b) 751
    5c)

6)

7a) B, C
    7b)
    7c)
    7d)

8a)
    8b)
    8c)
    8d)
    8e)

9a)
    9b)
    9c)
    9d)
    10a)
    10b)
    10c)

11a)
    11b) Heuristic approach
    11c) Halting problem
    11d) O(2^n)

12a) a, taxrate2
    12b)
    12c)
    7 a was B and A. C wasn't a tree as it was directed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comp.Girl)
    Except for the subnet mask question and trace table, i think it was a reasonably good paper.
    Yeah that subnet mask question wasn't sure on made some BS up about how the network IP being different so it meant it must be on another network trace table was ok I made that exact question up after seeing the depth first search in a past paper 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 12, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.