Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reecewxxd)
    could you provide an example for both human and natural hazard? thank you
    Well I don't actually think there is really a difference between them - just say hazards rather than distinguishing them
    But an example may be pyroclastic flow in the path of a set of homes will have the potential to develop into a human hazard due to flowing in the path of a set of homes.
    It's confusing but they both compound each other to just be hazards because there can't really be solely a natural hazard which won't have the potential to affect humans because it always will
    So they are the same and are just hazards

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody

Planning on doing the 40 marker on development and globalisation and wondered if anybody had many up to date case studies and examples in the news recently which would provide good context.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone written an answer for the past question ' Critically evaluate the outcomes of globalisation (10)'. Looked at the mark scheme but doesnt give much in the way of 'critical evaluation' and specific examples. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicole12345)
    Has anyone written an answer for the past question ' Critically evaluate the outcomes of globalisation (10)'. Looked at the mark scheme but doesnt give much in the way of 'critical evaluation' and specific examples. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
    Well it's good because it has boosted the economy of many countries globally and has lead to the development of NIC's such as China due to TNCs investing their manufacturing sector in to countries... This has allowed China to develop economically, due to China possessing more money as a result more business migrate over... Bla bla bla... Multiplier effect. And then to critically analyse it... You could say for this specific point that the country has been taken advantage of for example TNC take advantage of cheap labour, governments lack of legislations... Which is socially unsustainable... This is all as a result of globalisation! Then do another point such as common markers.. Or shared values ect

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    What would you include in a 40 marker world cities in planning and managment ?

ReputationRep:
    E=SJJ97;65367393]What would you include in a 40 marker world cities in planning and managment ?[/QUOTE]

This Q is rather broad. You can mention how urbanisation leads to increased traffic problems and then compare how an MEDC/LEDC have managed this, you can do the same for waste management and say how increased urbanisation means increased waste and then compare 2 places that have managed this. You can also bring in any other issues that urbanisation and other processes have caused and how/have they been managed sustainability? Other issues such as housing,crime, poor health care, living in slums in poor conditions in LEDCs etc..
    You can talk about urban decline and how this has been managed through regeneration.

For the evaluation it would depend on the case studies you're using but in general you would probably say how economic development affects planning and managment because planning and management has been better in MEDCs due to sufficient resources and wealth in contrast to...
    remember to evaluate at the end of each paragraph
    you can also mention how economic development not only affects management, but also affects the social, economic and environmental issues itself

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any plate tectonics 40 marker essay plans. Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here good at marking the 40 mark essays?
    Ive done a few for practice and now being on study leave and half term not sure if my teachers would look at their emails.
    Ive got like 30/40 for most of them but want to check im still doing good

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any plate tectonics 40 marker essay plans. much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJJ97)
    Well it's good because it has boosted the economy of many countries globally and has lead to the development of NIC's such as China due to TNCs investing their manufacturing sector in to countries... This has allowed China to develop economically, due to China possessing more money as a result more business migrate over... Bla bla bla... Multiplier effect. And then to critically analyse it... You could say for this specific point that the country has been taken advantage of for example TNC take advantage of cheap labour, governments lack of legislations... Which is socially unsustainable... This is all as a result of globalisation! Then do another point such as common markers.. Or shared values ect

Hope this helps
    Yes that really does help, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Even though it came up as an essay question last year, does anyone reckon a 7,8, or 10 mark question will come up concerning the social and economic groupings of nations seeming as the EU referendum is coming up and it is a relatable topic?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any predictions about plate tectonics 40 mark essays for next week ? and any predictions about world cites 25 marks / weather and climate 25 marks ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darcybrowne)
    Anyone have any predictions about plate tectonics 40 mark essays for next week ? and any predictions about world cites 25 marks / weather and climate 25 marks ?
    For the plates essay, many believe the plates tectonic theory will come up as it last appeared 4 exam windows ago but people thought this last year and were wrong so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Domers_)
    Even though it came up as an essay question last year, does anyone reckon a 7,8, or 10 mark question will come up concerning the social and economic groupings of nations seeming as the EU referendum is coming up and it is a relatable topic?
    I was thinking the same thing! My teacher said the papers are written years in advance so many not but I would DEFFO revise it just in case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reecewxxd)
    Dulwich upperwood and central amazon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aletsch glacier/ deep water horizon vs Jau

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for world cities (25) ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJJ97)
    I was thinking the same thing! My teacher said the papers are written years in advance so many not but I would DEFFO revise it just in case
    I realised that GEOG4 concerns a current issue and made the connection that maybe (hopefully) they might just ask a question on the groupings of nations to check our understanding of current day events.

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for Weather and climate 25 marks ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Domers_)
    I realised that GEOG4 concerns a current issue and made the connection that maybe (hopefully) they might just ask a question on the groupings of nations to check our understanding of current day events.
    What do you mean??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJJ97)
    What do you mean??
    Are you doing GEOG4a (field work question/skills) or GEOG4b(Issues evaluation booklet)? If you are doing GEOG4b the issue concerns the decisions to frack near Fylde - a process which is ongoing. I won't go into much detail as this thread is about GEOG3 not GEOG4a/b.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.