Turn on thread page Beta

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettxB)
    Keele has my emotions going up and down...! Heart jumped at the Christmas email, then 15 minutes later, invitation to interview came through. Ridiculously happy. Good luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! What are you stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At the interview, do they have our roles and responsibility form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovatic7)
    Hello all! I have an interview at Keele on Monday!! I know it is MMI and have done as much preparation i think is possible! What else though would you recommend? Also, what advice can anyone give on the maths admissions test, I am quite nervous about that! Very nervous but very excited too!!!
    Hey, how did your interview go? Hope it went well.
    Can you tell us how you prepared for your interview? What was it like? Was the maths admissions test hard?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I have an MMI for Keele Medical School in January...
    I'm hoping that someone may have some pointers, or advice , or may be able to tell me what they may ask and concepts or questions to think about. I would very much appreciate it!
    Wishing everyone else applying to university, especially the medics, the best of luck!

ReputationRep:

Keele has my emotions going up and down...! Heart jumped at the Christmas email, then 15 minutes later, invitation to interview came through. Ridiculously happy. Good luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! What are you stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completed an access to medicine course last year so have slightly different qualifications. However, I have distinctions in my Access, BBB at alevel (non science), 7 A's at gcse, 3B's.. Ukcat of 2450.. All pretty average. But I do have strong work experience and roles and responsibilities so thinking that may have been the factor. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone who had an interview on Monday ask how they use the data handling test?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if keele will keep giving out interview offers throughout the Christmas holiday or is this it until the new year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettxB)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was the same!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Keele has given out all of the academic- score based interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SRR3456)
    Does anyone know if Keele has given out all of the academic- score based interviews?
    Not sure but I would imagine that they went out first??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SRR3456)
    I spoke to one of the members of the admissions offer a couple weeks back and she said that they were going through all of the applications and then those who get the full academic score are ranked on their UKCAT. Whilst they're going through the applications for the first time, they give interveiws to those with really high UKCAT scores as they'll almost definitley be in the top 100 (if they have the full academic score). They do the same with the R and R form - those with really high scores are invited as they'll definitley be in the top whatever number of applicants. They then go through it again and rank everyone to see who to invite.

This is what she was said to me and lead me to believe that they haven't given them all out as they're just going through the initial screening process.

Sorry for the long winded explanation if you read all this!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdj98)
    I spoke to one of the members of the admissions offer a couple weeks back and she said that they were going through all of the applications and then those who get the full academic score are ranked on their UKCAT. Whilst they're going through the applications for the first time, they give interveiws to those with really high UKCAT scores as they'll almost definitley be in the top 100 (if they have the full academic score). They do the same with the R and R form - those with really high scores are invited as they'll definitley be in the top whatever number of applicants. They then go through it again and rank everyone to see who to invite.

This is what she was said to me and lead me to believe that they haven't given them all out as they're just going through the initial screening process.

Sorry for the long winded explanation if you read all this!!!!!!
    Thanks for the explanation. I was just a bit concerned because my AS grades haven't been certified so I'm not sure whether they will give me an academic score. I think my AS grades are in my reference though.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is a good academic score and what do they use(GCSEs A level). I got 3As in A2 and 640 ukcat, is that good or bad????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruhullah)
    What exactly is a good academic score and what do they use(GCSEs A level). I got 3As in A2 and 640 ukcat, is that good or bad????
    Obviously it's good but to get the academic excellence it's normally all A*s at GCSE and A-Level and a high UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruhullah)
    at the open day they said 7A*s at GCSE with around a 700UKCAT should get you an interview based on academics

ReputationRep:
    I've not got an official certificate for my AS grades, I only have written evidence from my school, please can someone help me i'm freaking out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    at the open day they said 7A*s at GCSE with around a 700UKCAT should get you an interview based on academics
    Did they mention that the full acdemic score, 50/50, was the threshold for interviews based on academics?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why they allocate spaces for interview based on academic achievement for this particular course. As long as you can manage to achieve the typical offer requirements grades then that shows you are capable to take on the academic challenge for the course. Plus people that are extremely clever doesn't mean they are good doctors. Being a doctor and studying medicine is a lot more than being clever. You must posses the non academic qualities that separates the able candidates from the non able candidates. I find it extremely stupid tbh.

P.S. I've applied for keele myself lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inam97)
    I don't understand why they allocate spaces for interview based on academic achievement for this particular course. As long as you can manage to achieve the typical offer requirements grades then that shows you are capable to take on the academic challenge for the course. Plus people that are extremely clever doesn't mean they are good doctors. Being a doctor and studying medicine is a lot more than being clever. You must posses the non academic qualities that separates the able candidates from the non able candidates. I find it extremely stupid tbh.

P.S. I've applied for keele myself lmao
    There aren't many academic interviews given so I don't know why people are bothered to be honest. They also give interviews for exceptional circumstances to give other people a fair chance and the rest are based on the normal roles and responsibilities form along with minimum requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdj98)
    Did they mention that the full acdemic score, 50/50, was the threshold for interviews based on academics?
    I don't think so think they literally just rank everyone and give the top 100 academics interviews, they said you'd be very unlikely to get an interview based on academics with less than 7A*s at GCSE

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.