Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    Thanks mate! And yup I'm an international, you?

So no practical work? And what I meant was, do questions about what you wrote in the personal statement come up?

Thanks again, and good luck to you too!

EDIT: Just saw the question about the date, would rather not say tbh, enjoying the anonymity of my TSR life sorry.
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    There's a short questionnaire you have to fill in but aside from that, no.

Interviewers don't have your PS. Some questions are based on healthcare scenarios you'll be given, others aren't - obviously I can't discuss the interview in much more detail than that because we're not allowed.

Also, not sure if any of this differs for internationals as I'm from the UK.

Good luck for your interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortofmusician)
    There's a short questionnaire you have to fill in but aside from that, no.

Interviewers don't have your PS. Some questions are based on healthcare scenarios you'll be given, others aren't - obviously I can't discuss the interview in much more detail than that because we're not allowed.

Also, not sure if any of this differs for internationals as I'm from the UK.

Good luck for your interview!
    Great thanks, that's all I wanted to know

And yeah I wasn't asking about specifics or anything because I know that would be unfair.

So thanks again and good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for the late reply.

Most of your questions have been answered by sortofmusician .

I'm not an international student nope - not sure if your interview will be the same style as the one I had but to answer your question about the personal statement - I didn't get asked anything about it but I did use things from it in some of my answers.

No problem about revealing the date. Understandable.

Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by painandpride15)
    Apologies for the late reply.

Most of your questions have been answered by sortofmusician .

I'm not an international student nope - not sure if your interview will be the same style as the one I had but to answer your question about the personal statement - I didn't get asked anything about it but I did use things from it in some of my answers.

No problem about revealing the date. Understandable.

Good luck !
    No worries, no need to apologise

And thanks again for the help!

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone haunted by the responses they made and felt like they wanna go back and change their answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink panther)
    Was anyone haunted by the responses they made and felt like they wanna go back and change their answers.
    Yes, absolutely! I stressed over my answers thinking how stupid I sounded and what I should've said instead - and I got an offer! Don't panic, you probably did better than you think!

ReputationRep:
    I found this thread way late haha. Good luck to any of you who still have interviews and/or are waiting to hear back. Be nice to meet others who got in when the time comes

ReputationRep:
    Yes, absolutely! I stressed over my answers thinking how stupid I sounded and what I should've said instead - and I got an offer! Don't panic, you probably did better than you think!
    Oh man, this was totally me. Thought the interview went awful but got an offer before christmas break. When did you get yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilifyme)
    Oh man, this was totally me. Thought the interview went awful but got an offer before christmas break. When did you get yours?
    Me too - had it on December 17th (which also happened to be my 18th birthday!)

ReputationRep:
    My interview is in 20 hours...can't wait!
    One question though, does anyone know what kind of questions they ask in the written questionnaire? I understand if you're not allowed to talk about it though.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure your up to date with current knowledge of healthcare and the NHS and why you want to study medicine and why at Plymouth etc. As you know, the interview is based on an ethical scenario so research ethics and cases etc that could come up. That's as much as I can remember without being too specific since my interview was about 3 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, So I went to an additional/open day yesterday, but there is a question I forgot to ask:

Are there any lectures? Like I know it's PBL and heavily reliant on the students etc. but I mean how does the year run? And how frequent are the lectures? (if any) from what you guys understand?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Made a thread about this, but was just wondering in case anyone on here knew and no one replies on the thread

ReputationRep:
    Ok, So I went to an additional/open day yesterday, but there is a question I forgot to ask:

Are there any lectures? Like I know it's PBL and heavily reliant on the students etc. but I mean how does the year run? And how frequent are the lectures? (if any) from what you guys understand?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Made a thread about this, but was just wondering in case anyone on here knew and no one replies on the thread
    Hey, I was there yesterday too, they said there's about 7-9 hours of lectures a week, and to see how the year runs you can have a look at the year timetable in the pack they gave us

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was there yesterday too, they said there's about 7-9 hours of lectures a week, and to see how the year runs you can have a look at the year timetable in the pack they gave us
    Really? Haven't opened it yet But thanks anyway. Were you the 1:30 group?

EDIT: Just looked at the pack, I think we (internationals) were given a different pack....

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer at 4pm today!!!!! Was on the reserve list, so if anyone else is on there and still waiting to hear you should probably hear something soon

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm just going to go bounce round the house and scream ecstatically now because I did not expect this AT ALL omg

ReputationRep:
    Same as lightwoXd, when are the offer holders days and do we have to sign up for them or do we just turn up? Also, is there a Facebook group?

ReputationRep:
    To any of those who have just received offers, firstly, congratulations! Secondly, I was only informed today that my biology empa will be on the same day as the Plymouth offer holder's day on the 8th March, would anyone be interested in taking my place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightwoXd)
    Got an offer at 4pm today!!!!! Was on the reserve list, so if anyone else is on there and still waiting to hear you should probably hear something soon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm just going to go bounce round the house and scream ecstatically now because I did not expect this AT ALL omg
    Congrats!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Congrats!!!!!!
    Ahhh thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.