Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you let your son dress up as a princess? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I disagree, as we are taught to be socially normal, we live normal lives, we eat normal food., we engage in normal practices.
    We are socially normal,as rarely will you see a person going against the norms without seeking attention.
    Normal would imply that we all follow the same traditions, the same culture, the same values which we definitely do not. Homosexuality has been going on for centuries, it's more normal than a man bun...hehe.

(I have no idea if you guys are talking about homosexuality so if you're not I'll just escape via my escape pod)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Could you be any more dopey - "what good is it if it isn't universal"? VERY. Nothing ever begins with the whole world doing the same thing. No movement is completely universally applicable and if you know countries have different social barriers your point is ****ing stupid.

Celebrities do speak out all the time on gay rights:

Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Josh Hutcherson, Anne Hathaway, Oprah Winfrey, Ellen Degeneres, Macklemore, Kim Kardashian, Caitlyn Jenner, Sia, Kate Winslet, David Tennant, need I continue?
    But didn't the movement gain momentum during the early 1990s?
    Is it not a widespread movement that was made to harbor up different types of people from all walks of life, as the rainbow symbolism would hint that?
    The lgbt movement is probably one of the most recognized and universal movements of all time.
    But also during the time frame from the origin of the movement to the present, it would have transcended and would have been more universal during the recent advancement of tech and media.
    But do they speak up for gays in Uganda, Russia etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.C)
    Normal would imply that we all follow the same traditions, the same culture, the same values which we definitely do not. Homosexuality has been going on for centuries, it's more normal than a man bun...hehe.

(I have no idea if you guys are talking about homosexuality so if you're not I'll just escape via my escape pod)
    Good point.

ReputationRep:
    No, I respect them for sticking to their believes, whilst facing the pressures and backlash form the west.
    The free peoples should have a right to decide in what is acceptable and what is not.
    But I do in no way condone irrational contempt and harm towards people who have done no harm to others.
    Why say something like that when the particular belief we're talking about here is one where gay people are EXECUTED just for being gay? Now, I understand these countries are sovereign, however their right to believe whatever does NOT extend toward enforcing laws which harm others for no reason. They're not trying to implement justice here, they're just killing people they don't like.

If you don't condone it you shouldn't respect it or call it harsh then commend those doing it because they're 'not bowing down to pressure.' If they were ANY kind of moral individuals, they wouldn't kill people based on factors outside their control.

ReputationRep:
    YES. TURN ALL CHILDREN GAY.

#GAYAGENDA2016
    #RECRUITMENTINYOURLOCALKINDERRGA RTEN

:nyan:

ReputationRep:
    But they're not killing gay people in droves, as it is just being blown our of proportion.
    They shouldn't be killing ANYONE for being gay. You saying 'b-b-but they're not killing loads of gay people, so it can't be that bad right?' sounds a lot like a defence of their actions tbh.

ReputationRep:
    But they're not killing gay people in droves, as it is just being blown our of proportion.
    I put a gay pill in ur coffee this morning it will turn ur sperm gay and ur children will be gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    They shouldn't be killing ANYONE for being gay. You saying 'b-b-but they're not killing loads of gay people, so it can't be that bad right?' sounds a lot like a defence of their actions tbh.
    I agree with you, as I have stated before, but I am jsut coming to the defense of the Ugandan people who do not want to be labeled as savages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    I put a gay pill in ur coffee this morning it will turn ur sperm gay and ur children will be gay

I am glad that you're finding this to be funny, my dear.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, as I have stated before, but I am jsut coming to the defense of the Ugandan people who do not want to be labeled as savages.
    Some of them don't believe that killing gay people should be the law, but for those that do, especially the current government that upholds and supports it, they are savages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I'd want a daughter just so I could take her rock climbing and mountain biking and do other 'non girl' stuff.

I used to really like the colour pink as small child. But I had to suppress that :dry:

Pink colouring in pencils were always out of reach.

It's such a nice colour :puppyeyes:

Wut?

I'd have Kurt Cobain hair if I could.

All males seem to have long hair in the olden days

Long hair on men was definitely considered manly in past times. The affection for very short cuts is something relatively modern and in the current period appears to be strongly influenced by male role models from war movies and the like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Long hair on men was definitely considered manly in past times. The affection for very short cuts is something relatively modern and in the current period appears to be strongly influenced by male role models from war movies and the like.
    Short hair is a lot more practical though. My hair is now short and I just don't have to think about it XD

ReputationRep:
    Short hair is a lot more practical though. My hair is now short and I just don't have to think about it XD

Are you a homosexual?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a homosexual?
    For you, I'll be anything :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    My hair is down to my bum now, and I don't find it impractical. It doesn't even take very long to style. I drag a brush through it and that's it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    So, in other words you have no actual evidence that these genetic and epigenetic links don't exist as claimed, you're just going to claim the studies showing some genetic and epigenetic influences are entirely ignorable because there's a few other likely factors. Hormonal imbalances will no doubt play a part, but it's quite clear there is a genetic or epigenetic element to it, contrary to what you claimed.
    You are welcome to use google scholar for yourself.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.