"Shootings" reported in central Paris. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    100 dead in theatre. Death toll 140.

People need to wake up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    I would change that slightly:

George Bush, and his war criminal lapdog, Tony Bliar, was a terrorist that killed at least six hundred thousand of innocent civilians. He achieved the aims of the oil industry by destabilizing the middle east.

Other than that, I think you're about right.
    Change Oil Industry to Illuminati , other than that you're spot on

ReputationRep:
    Jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    You're ignoring one key issue, it's the actions of non-pacifists that create the tension in the first place

If Corbyn was in power in a hypothetical situation of total peace, it would be extremely unlikely that terrorists would start attacking us on religious reasons, because we would have done nothing to create hate

edit: Bataclan seems to be over, elite police assault, 2 terrorists dead
    We don't live in Corbyn's dreamworld. The only way you could achieve global pacifism is with a brutal competition destroying police state. It might work within countries but it is impossible to enforce outside.

Every country will **** every other country. That is the nature of reality and politics. The UK will **** Syria. If the UK/US truly wants to **** Syria and exploit its natural resources, the last thing it wants to do is to let in all the people whose lives it has destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/mwallebom/status/665293773849669632

One of the biggest ***** in the history of the internet.

ReputationRep:
    German newspaper Die ZEIT reports around 100 (!) dead in Bataclan Concert Hall ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fat Rudeboi)
    Oh where are you?

He could have worded it better. TBF though I was actually thinking of becoming a Muslim though I am white, and a lot of Quranic verses condone violence. So no Muslims are not "animals" ofc, but Islam explicitly condones this if interpreted a certain way
    Mauritius. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    100 dead in theatre. Death toll 140.

People need to wake up
    In what way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    If prayer worked, Allah would have converted Europe to Islam a thousand years ago.
    Anything else?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am sitting here silenced.I feel like crying for those people but you you just forget it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    Given a terrorist, it is much more likely that they follow Islam than any other religion (ever heard of a Buddhist Terrorist lol?)

Preaching tolerance is fine, but don't ignore the facts, and don't reflexively call people racists, or stupid, just because they disagree with you.
    Buddhist terrorists exists. You are one of the many sheep who chew the **** a tv spews.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh my god, the news seems to be getting worse with every passing minute. I can't believe this, poor Paris!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    this is scary

wasnt a muslim women pushed in front of a train today?
    Indeed, this attack might have quite negative ramifications. I think more than anything, questions need to be asked.

I don't think it happened today. But yes, yes it did happen very recently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)

"Why? Humans are animals."

What the actual ****...?

ReputationRep:
    100 apparently dead in the concert hall, so it probably can be described as a massacre, just too horrible for words, sickening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Extremists aren't representative of the moral values of a massive group.
    "If Islam is a religion of peace, why are not Islamic extremists peaceful?".
    If the religion is such that it can be interpreted in a way that leads to this- certainly it is a dangerous one. Those who also follow it are under that danger too to go the wrong way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Anything else?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am sitting here silenced.I feel like crying for those people but you you just forget it
    Precisely this. I cannot believe the reactions of some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    They identify with Islam but they aren't muslim.
    The "Not a true Scotsman" fallacy. They say they are Moslems: they are Moslems.

(Original post by Craig1998)
    I'm no longer arguing on this topic. This is a student forum and there are much younger teenagers/children on here who could be starting to hate Islam because of what people are saying. People trying to promote the 'Islam is bad, kill all muslims' movement are just as bad as those trying to promote the 'Join ISIS' movement.
    "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing".

Why is it so hard to find people who will stand up and say "The killing must stop. Let's just listen to one another and work out what the problems are."?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously this makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)

Jesus christ, most animals kill each other to survive, anyone told her that? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassassin04)
    "If Islam is a religion of peace, why are not Islamic extremists peaceful?".
    If the religion is such that it can be interpreted in a way that leads to this- certainly it is a dangerous one. Those who also follow it are under that danger too to go the wrong way.
    Your first implications is wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.