Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    Yeah those could defiantly be possibilities! For the democracy, direct democracy involving referendums could definitely be a shot, I was even thinking maybe how referendums aid representative democracy but I can't remember the last time it came up

And no problem, there was a whole essay plan on 'are civil liberties under threat in the U.K.' But I hate that unit so much so I tore it out however I've got the essay plan for it as we did it in class if you did want it 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah please, I also think HR coming up could be a good shout quite contemporary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDobbs)
    Thank you.

So how would you differ you answers in structure if the question comes in the format of:

1. "To what extent.."
    2. "Should...(referendums be more widely used in the UK"
    3. "Assess the various measures..."

To extent is probably the same as internal arguments within the paragraphs cause it's basically for and against, same with the should one
    The various methods well you could do a specific para on a specific measure/method and evaluate internally or do more than one
    If it's simply argue for something then don't mention the other side of the argument in the body of the argument as you'd be wasting time...
    Election questions about outcomes is probably the only one you might wanna change the structure of in my opinion but I guess it just depends on preference of how to do it

For the 40 mark questions you could do 4 very in depth paragraphs or 6 not so in depth paragraphs.. Personally I do 6 cause I'd feel like I'm waffling with just 4

Do what you feel comfortable with 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    to extent is probably the same as internal arguments within the paragraphs cause it's basically for and against, same with the should one
    the various methods well you could do a specific para on a specific measure/method and evaluate internally or do more than one
    if it's simply argue for something then don't mention the other side of the argument in the body of the argument as you'd be wasting time...
    Election questions about outcomes is probably the only one you might wanna change the structure of in my opinion but i guess it just depends on preference of how to do it

for the 40 mark questions you could do 4 very in depth paragraphs or 6 not so in depth paragraphs.. Personally i do 6 cause i'd feel like i'm waffling with just 4

do what you feel comfortable with 😁

posted from tsr mobile
    i've did my unit 2 exam last year and got 95/100 but thank you all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    [/b]

i would have that question

so say things like changing the electoral system, reforming hold, lowering the voting age....?
    do we counter argue?

Reforming the representative model:
    - electoral system needs reforming
    - ability to recall MP's
    - adding an elected HoL

Direct Democracy:
    - introduction of initiatives
    - increased use of referendums
    - greater involvement of citizen juries/consultation groups with the government between elections

This is ripped straight from the revision guide's model guide answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelpain)
    Yeah please, I also think HR coming up could be a good shout quite contemporary
    Oh yeah especially wth Cameron wanting our own bill of rights
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079361.654986.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  140.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079379.601582.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  133.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079392.840084.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  132.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079406.574162.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  138.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079423.134184.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  129.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079438.170012.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  140.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079452.782721.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  132.4 KB
    As you can see it's pretty bloody long only because that's a plan for a 40mark question, you can probably tell there's 2 arguments and then an evaluation for each one there's also examples
    Tell me if you can't understand my writing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDobbs)
    i've did my unit 2 exam last year and got 95/100 but thank you all the same.
    Holy mother of god that's a good score

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Might have been the best in the country?

ReputationRep:
    'To what extent does the UK conform to the principles of liberal democracy'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Ooooo I like the wording, it's different, did you make that one up? It could definitely be a potential

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    meanwhile i revised only 2/4 topics without a textbook cos teachers said NO. And was too late to get a textbook so.
    predictions for elections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmileeR)
    meanwhile i revised only 2/4 topics without a textbook cos teachers said NO. And was too late to get a textbook so.
    predictions for elections?
    Stuff about different electoral outcomes of how using pr would effect the general election in the uk or consequences of using more pr...something around those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stuff about different electoral outcomes or how using pr would effect the general election in the uk or consequences of using more pr...something around those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stuff about different electoral outcomes of how using pr would effect the general election in the uk or consequences of using more pr...something around those lines

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lots of loveeeee, what about democracy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Hard question:
    Not because votes aren't equal (safe/marginal seats) -> but provides strong stable government
    Not because unelected second chamber -> but representative of the people, amend legislation effectively, it works
    Not because uncodified constitution -> we haven't had a crisis yet, flexible so can adapt to circumstances, we have HR which protects liberties
    Not because our representatives aren't in interests of people? whipped, party loyalty etc -> however increased rebelling, like Syria 2013

This is just off the top of my head no idea

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah especially wth Cameron wanting our own bill of rights
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079361.654986.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  140.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079379.601582.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  133.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079392.840084.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  132.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079406.574162.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  138.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079423.134184.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  129.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079438.170012.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  140.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465079452.782721.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  132.4 KB
    As you can see it's pretty bloody long only because that's a plan for a 40mark question, you can probably tell there's 2 arguments and then an evaluation for each one there's also examples
    Tell me if you can't understand my writing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank youuuuu, let's just hope they don't spring some random question on to us

ReputationRep:
    I'm focusing all my attention of Elections and pressure groups
    Every past paper question has been for elections in the 25 marker just asking to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of systems and make essays around these.
    Also for Pressure groups it always seems to be for the essay a question of pluarlism vs elitism or a question on if pressure groups are becoming more or less powerful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelpain)
    Hard question:
    Not because votes aren't equal (safe/marginal seats) -> but provides strong stable government
    Not because unelected second chamber -> but representative of the people, amend legislation effectively, it works
    Not because uncodified constitution -> we haven't had a crisis yet, flexible so can adapt to circumstances, we have HR which protects liberties
    Not because our representatives aren't in interests of people? whipped, party loyalty etc -> however increased rebelling, like Syria 2013

This is just off the top of my head no idea
    yes:
    free and fair elections
    tolerance for religions/cultures
    mandate given to gov's to govern
    universal adult suffrage
    devolved powers
    gov. is accountable to parliament
    large number of parties + PG's

no:
    -FPTP unfair
    unelected head of state who has royal assent
    weak seperation of powers
    no codified constitution unlike other liberal democracies (USA)
    the PM has the royal prerogative powers
    influence of elitists..

ReputationRep:
    No one is going to be online but I'm so confused - what sort of system is FPTP?! :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pokémontrainer)
    No one is going to be online but I'm so confused - what sort of system is FPTP?! :indiff:
    Simple plurality system meaning its simply the candidate with the MOST votes, not the MAJORITY of all votes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmileeR)
    Lots of loveeeee, what about democracy?
    Ah man could be anything, liberal democracy i didn't think of that before I just haven't checked the last time it came up, referendums mixed with some like like is it supporting our rep democracy or something about direct democracy too but honestly I'm not sure anymore 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.