Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awascher)
    Anyone here who is going to work in north London?
    I'm going to be based in North London

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diva1980)
    nadave..... I only just checked today but to tell u the truth the recruitment process has been very quick for me.... I got an email today asking for my proof of address, I sent it then a little while later I checked and it said offer confirmed...
    Thank you. Just strange that I haven't heard anything back. Perhaps depending on the location they've started confirming offers...

ReputationRep:
    When did u have your interview?

ReputationRep:
    April

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filedundermisc)
    Anyone else here on the reserve list hoping to hear good news? Lol
    I'm on the reserve list. I currently work for the Civil Service already and quite a lot of us at my place applied. I keep seeing pretty much everyone other than me picked off the reserve list and leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KottonKandi)
    The problem that I'm having at the moment is that I declared all my convictions on my application and at interview stage as well as submitting a self disclosure statement to support my application, however, after receiving my DBS I was surprised at the fact that it included information on it that I did not disclose as I didn't even know they existed.
    I guess it depends on what the offence is and how different it is to what you told them. It's probably not black and white though, it'll be a case by case basis.

e.g. Let's say for example you told them you had 1 conviction for driving while disqualified. In actual fact on the DBS it would come up as more than 1 conviction. It would be driving while disqualified, driving while uninsured, driving without a valid licence etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    I'm on the reserve list. I currently work for the Civil Service already and quite a lot of us at my place applied. I keep seeing pretty much everyone other than me picked off the reserve list and leave.
    I'm Civil service too! We have lost a lot of people to HMRC lately. I just want to leave!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be based in North London
    Me too. Where in North

ReputationRep:
    For everyone who is on the reserve list, guys there is hope... While i was hopeless and reading comment on this forum every single day and checking my status on the website about 3 times a day, I received a call last week with an offer for north london to start on the 27 june... Keep the faith is not dead yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo67)
    For everyone who is on the reserve list, guys there is hope... While i was hopeless and reading comment on this forum every single day and checking my status on the website about 3 times a day, I received a call last week with an offer for north london to start on the 27 june... Keep the faith is not dead yet
    I never answer my phone haha. Hopefully they'd have the sense to leave me a message or just email me.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh Joy! Thats great news. I picked N London as well. Can i ask your competency scores? I got 5565.

I am quite sad and check every day lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicBrum)
    I never answer my phone haha. Hopefully they'd have the sense to leave me a message or just email me.
    Hmmm i doubt it because they call with an unknown number so if you miss it and dont have a voicemail like myself then you wont even know who called you to even return the call .. So pls answer ur calls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filedundermisc)
    Oooh Joy! Thats great news. I picked N London as well. Can i ask your competency scores? I got 5565.

I am quite sad and check every day lol
    I scored 5466

ReputationRep:
    Barnet.... What about u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo67)
    Me too. Where in North
    I'm going to be based in Barnet, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatprincess)
    Nope. But I had a call last Thursday from Lewis stating that my pre employment checks have been completed and he gave me a start date of 18th July. He confirmed this in an email. But my status still says Provisional on the CS jobs website.
    That's great news. Im still waiting on mine, I spoke to someone from the office today and they told me that there are a few still waiting also.

ReputationRep:
    Those of you in North London, have you had your checks completed? Nothing for me still, even though have a start date. Called them on Thursday but still nothing. It's a bit frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be based in Barnet, what about you?
    Hendon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jo67)
    I scored 5466
    Oooh not too far away from my score then, ill keep hope alive!

ReputationRep:
    Why would I want to work in a job where quotas and targets are based on (as well as finding people work) how many people you can sanction? (it seems that way.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.