• Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Will the brothel second reading bill be quickly put in the lobby?
    It's been in the lobby for three days:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4003093
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Cheers to everyone for another term. I look forward to making Fez or LP my Deputy Prime Minister in a two weeks time
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    With the passage of the Brothel Regulation Act 2016 I would like to announce the imminent opening of an off-licence brothel just across the road from the bar for all who wish to indulge themselves in their time off.

At least it doesn't need adding to the register of interests for a few weeks.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    With the passage of the Brothel Regulation Act 2016 I would like to announce the imminent opening of an off-licence brothel just across the road from the bar for all who wish to indulge themselves in their time off.
    You're welcome
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    It's been in the lobby for three days:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4003093
    Oh okay, I didn't realise it was the second reading.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Cheers to everyone for another term. I look forward to seeing Nigel as Prime Minister in a two weeks time
    FTFY
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    FTFY
    Oh the horror

ReputationRep:

At least it doesn't need adding to the register of interests for a few weeks.
    I think it will be illegal as Westminster school is less than 500 metres away!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I think it will be illegal as Westminster school is less than 500 metres away!
    It's not licenced though, are those restrictions not only to get a licence?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    All the Tories ever seem to do is shuffle everyone around - I don't know why they can't get some new people into senior positions.
    Why surround yourself with people you don't trust or will gain no advantage from. Politics and other senior industries see positions allocated on who is friends with whom, it's why so many people play golf with their boss.

Also Cameron somewhat has to please 3 sides at the moment since he declared he's going this parliament. May-Hammond, Osbourne-Gove and Boris-?).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Why surround yourself with people you don't trust or will gain no advantage from. Politics and other senior industries see positions allocated on who is friends with whom, it's why so many people play golf with their boss.

Also Cameron somewhat has to please 3 sides at the moment since he declared he's going this parliament. May-Hammond, Osbourne-Gove and Boris-?).
    Osborne will become the official DPM
    Hammond becomes Chancellor
    Gove becomes foreign
    Boris becomes Justice
    May stays as Home
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I

Osborne will become the official DPM
    Hammond becomes Chancellor
    Gove becomes foreign
    Boris becomes Justice
    May stays as Home
    Again, why will George be demoted, I know he's a kinda bad but he is also Cameron's chosen successor

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Again, why will George be demoted, I know he's a kinda bad but he is also Cameron's chosen successor

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because the party will oust him ..... Its better we get a new chancellor and put Osborne where he wants to be in power .... DPM means practically he holds the same power as PM .......
    Hammond is widely known as the likely replacement for Osborne
    Gove will definitely get a great office so it would make sense to make him foreign
    And May would have to hang on to her leadership ambitions until Cameron officially resigns
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just watched the first Ask the Leader programme for Wales. Each of the five leaders is taking questions from the public for half an hour on one evening this week, and Andrew RT Davies was on tonight for the Welsh Tories.

They want to scrap the tuition fee grant and reintroduce prescription charges for higher-rate taxpayers, both of which I am very amenable to.

I like the format as well, without the other leaders there they seem to be sticking to their own policies rather than trashing other parties' (with the exception of the current Labour government, whose policies you kind of need to disagree with if you're going to change anything).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Just watched the first Ask the Leader programme for Wales. Each of the five leaders is taking questions from the public for half an hour on one evening this week, and Andrew RT Davies was on tonight for the Welsh Tories.

They want to scrap the tuition fee grant and reintroduce prescription charges for higher-rate taxpayers, both of which I am very amenable to.

I like the format as well, without the other leaders there they seem to be sticking to their own policies rather than trashing other parties' (with the exception of the current Labour government, whose policies you kind of need to disagree with if you're going to change anything).
    Sounds good policies to me.

From what i've seen it looks like Ukip will probably be the party gaining seats since they were nothing in 2011. Labour stand to lose 5-10% but the Tories are standing still.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Lib Dem vote in Wales and London personally.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Because the party will oust him ..... Its better we get a new chancellor and put Osborne where he wants to be in power .... DPM means practically he holds the same power as PM .......
    Hammond is widely known as the likely replacement for Osborne
    Gove will definitely get a great office so it would make sense to make him foreign
    And May would have to hang on to her leadership ambitions until Cameron officially resigns
    The party don't have the power and they are not suicidal enough to knife Cameron yet. They'll suck it up until Cameron goes in 2018.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Sounds good policies to me.

From what i've seen it looks like Ukip will probably be the party gaining seats since they were nothing in 2011. Labour stand to lose 5-10% but the Tories are standing still.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Lib Dem vote in Wales and London personally.
    UKIP to gain and everyone else to lose seats I think is expected. The Tories will lose regional seats to UKIP as well, so unless they can make the gains they made last year, which would probably stabilise their number, I'd expect a slight fall. Hopefully not big enough for Plaid to overtake them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    UKIP to gain and everyone else to lose seats I think is expected. The Tories will lose regional seats to UKIP as well, so unless they can make the gains they made last year, which would probably stabilise their number, I'd expect a slight fall. Hopefully not big enough for Plaid to overtake them.
    Plaid should be nowhere near the Tories although i suppose it depends on how the regions and constituencies break down.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Plaid should be nowhere near the Tories although i suppose it depends on how the regions and constituencies break down.
    I hope not but I imagine it could be a couple of seats in it (it's 3 this term).

I can't help but feel there isn't as much difference between Welsh Labour and the Welsh Conservatives compared with the nationwide parties. If it weren't for the branding (and long memories, primarily on the Labour side) I think a grand coalition would be viable for Wales, and possibly less dysfunctional than Lab-Plaid.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    https://www.facebook.com/fawkespage/...8283198976355/

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.