Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Aha, so we're good. :five:

1- Not generalising, just describing a tendency. There's nothing wrong with saying that dogs tend to have four legs. That's no insult to those that don't, for whatever reason.

2- Yes. :fyi: Google definition:

dog·ma
    noun
    a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

I'd say that organised religion fits that. :yep: Wouldn't you?

We can't keep doing this. :lol:

3- I'll collect my paycheck at the end of the month.

4- I love how you decided not to let this one reach its natural end. :toofunny:

5- I said 'many' religious people, not 'all.'
    1-never said you were insulting anyone :3 and fair enough but maybe it's because you hear more about "scandals" when it comes to religion, while other people who have nothing to do with that are not that conservative :yep:

2- oh this is gonna be complicated because my english is not good enough for what I wanna say .. Mmh I agree with you but it is not what I wanted to say - and it wasn't your fault-
    In french, "le dogme" so dogma, is a pejorative word , and I'll rephrase then you could understand : -> do you think religion is pejorative ?

3- answering PMs is a part of the contract :cry2:

4- :3 (:mmm: )

5- then we're good :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    1-never said you were insulting anyone :3 and fair enough but maybe it's because you hear more about "scandals" when it comes to religion, while other people who have nothing to do with that are not that conservative :yep:
    The subject of moderate religious people is too extensive to go into on this thread, at this time of night. :lol:

2- oh this is gonna be complicated because my english is not good enough for what I wanna say .. Mmh I agree with you but it is not what I wanted to say - and it wasn't your fault-
    In french, "le dogme" so dogma, is a pejorative word , and I'll rephrase then you could understand : -> do you think religion is pejorative ?
    'Dogma' is usually used in a pejorative way here, too. But to answer your question: it can be. I certainly consider most religions to be dogma and don't have a very high opinion of those that take them too seriously. (A brief allusion to point 1: I do acknowledge that there are some people who are just 'cultural' Christians or Muslims or Jews, and I'm mostly fine with them. It's people who actually take the dogma seriously that I have an issue with...)

3- answering PMs is a part of the contract :cry2:
    I just did. :yep:

4- :3 (:mmm: )

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Spoiler:
    Show

1- The subject of moderate religious people is too extensive to go into on this thread, at this time of night. :lol:

2- 'Dogma' is usually used in a pejorative way here, too. But to answer your question: it can be. I certainly consider most religions to be dogma and don't have a very high opinion of those that take them too seriously. (A brief allusion to point 1: I do acknowledge that there are some people who are just 'cultural' Christians or Muslims or Jews, and I'm mostly fine with them. It's people who actually take the dogma seriously that I have an issue with...)

I just did. :yep:

1- indeed xD (when I said something like me debating on TSR all day, it was because of such discussions lol

2- then we're PERFECTLY good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    I think it's because my family is more cultural than religious and I haven't had the best religious upbringing. Like I'm not a bad Muslim, I'm just someone who finds it hard to believe in the reglion.
    There's nothing wrong with losing faith in a religion. It just means that you don't agree with it and is in fact the mark of a true intellectual. Beliefs should always be questioned, those who don't question things are doomed to live in perpetual ignorance and as a result they can never experience the exhilaration of discovery. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    There's nothing wrong with losing faith in a religion. It just means that you don't agree with it and is in fact the mark of a true intellectual. Beliefs should always be questioned, those who don't question things are doomed to live in perpetual ignorance and as a result they can never experience the exhilaration of discovery. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.
    I agree with you there, it just means I'm finding myself. Like I don't want to believe in something if I see no purpose in my life for it. If I want to restore my faith them I shall do at my own accord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deliciously)
    I am Muslim but i am on the verge of leaving.
    Sunni Islam is so intolerant and ******** !
    what do you mean by intolerant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Erm... My response:

There are 114 suras and 6326 ayahs in the Quran

Muhammad was born in year 570

570/114 = 5

6236 x 5 = 31,180

You circumabulate the Kaaba 7 times, and you wash your face, hands, nose 3 times during wudu.

7 + 3 = 10

31,180 --> 3+1+1+8+0 = 13

13 - 10 = 3

There are 3 points in a triangle

Illuminati confirmed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You literally picked the most randomest things without their being a link and you confirm it to be illuminati; it's like saying I know it's illuminati because the answer is 3.
    3 may indicate the triangle but that doesnt prove any point neither is your opnion actually justified.. it makes you seem lke you did a bit of maths - WOHHOO! and made up some random thing of your own. Congratulations everyone can do maths and the number 3 dont prove anything..

ReputationRep:
    Religious atheist? Is that a thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiibee_7)
    You literally picked the most randomest things without their being a link and you confirm it to be illuminati; it's like saying I know it's illuminati because the answer is 3.
    3 may indicate the triangle but that doesnt prove any point neither is your opnion actually justified.. it makes you seem lke you did a bit of maths - WOHHOO! and made up some random thing of your own. Congratulations everyone can do maths and the number 3 dont prove anything..
    Euggghhh... because I was being serious...

please calm down. I don't think the illuminati created Islam...

And about "random links": I could say the same about people who connect vague (sometimes twisted) verses to science and say "quran sed science shiz 1400 yrs ago bruv innit!"

PS: will you be as triggered and go as crazy towards these Muslims who are linking quran verses to illuminati? ( Showing the "beauty of Islam" )

http://thebeautyofislam.tumblr.com/post/4659498669

http://www.nairaland.com/1357220/isl...nati-must-read

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    Euggghhh... because I was being serious...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be quite like you, and to be honest I completely lost the ability to believe in Islam. I am currently an atheist now, much to my family's distaste.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Muslim but I wouldn't call myself religious

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Muslim but not religious at all thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Derailed

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.