Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CPMH)
    I got 45/50 in my coursework and 27/30 in my speaking and listening, how much guess wise would i need for an A in my exam
    Aim for 100%

no matter what do you

aim for full marks

what other mark would you ever want

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm nervous about the summary question - in practice I tend to either write too much to make sure they don't penalise me for not writing all the necessary points, or I do the opposite: I infer too much and summarize more than I need to.

Does anyone have advice for the summary question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CPMH)
    I got 45/50 in my coursework and 27/30 in my speaking and listening, how much guess wise would i need for an A in my exam
    30+ to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockworkbella)
    Hi

I'm nervous about the summary question - in practice I tend to either write too much to make sure they don't penalise me for not writing all the necessary points, or I do the opposite: I infer too much and summarize more than I need to.

Does anyone have advice for the summary question?
    Yes.
    In the actual exam, you make 15 points first which can literally be opied word-for-word from the text - that's 15 marks

Then use these 15 points to produce a shortened paragraph, summing the text up in your own words - bear in mind this is only FIVE marks

Aim to write about 1 side for the paragraph summary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStarDust_)
    Aim for 100%

no matter what do you

aim for full marks

what other mark would you ever want
    Yea your right, i shouldnt trap myself to get a certain amount of marks. How are you doing in your gcse anyway

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to write in paragraphs for question 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    30+ to be safe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, How you doing in your GCSE'S?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CPMH)
    Yea your right, i shouldnt trap myself to get a certain amount of marks. How are you doing in your gcse anyway
    this igcse exam tomorrow i'm at peace with. I got an A in my mock...so that's pretty neat

the computing exam, however, makes me want to shoot myself. millions of times. an eternal shooting.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaze3211)
    Do we need to write in paragraphs for question 1?
    Yes.

I would write paragraphs according to the bullet points.

So one paragraph per bullet.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    In the actual exam, you make 15 points first which can literally be opied word-for-word from the text - that's 15 marks

Then use these 15 points to produce a shortened paragraph, summing the text up in your own words - bear in mind this is only FIVE marks

Aim to write about 1 side for the paragraph summary.
    Thank you!

Are you sure that they will allow you to write the 15 points using their words and not your own?

ReputationRep:
    this igcse exam tomorrow i'm at peace with. I got an A in my mock...so that's pretty neat

the computing exam, however, makes me want to shoot myself. millions of times. an eternal shooting.

How about you?
    My gcse are going good so far, just abut worried about the science's and history although in mocks i get good grades but i believe ill just crack under the pressure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockworkbella)
    Thank you!

Are you sure that they will allow you to write the 15 points using their words and not your own?
    Yes, I guarantee it. You use their words first and then convert that into a paragraph using your own words.

Good luck c:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CPMH)
    My gcse are going good so far, just abut worried about the science's and history although in mocks i get good grades but i believe ill just crack under the pressure
    Yeah, science is tricky. The exam questions are far too slippery for my liking.
    I don't do history, but I've heard there's a heck of a lot of facts to learn. Sounds a little agonizing, but hey.

Me too, the pressure is what i'm worried about. and getting drowsy/tired.
    But screw that defeat-ist attitude. You're gonna do SMOOTHLY in these exams, got it? SMOOTH as anything.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, science is tricky. The exam questions are far too slippery for my liking.
    I don't do history, but I've heard there's a heck of a lot of facts to learn. Sounds a little agonizing, but hey.

Me too, the pressure is what i'm worried about. and getting drowsy/tired.
    But screw that defeat-ist attitude. You're gonna do SMOOTHLY in these exams, got it? SMOOTH as anything.
    Yea your right, were both ganna smash these exams and come out with A's, keep in touch when you finish your exams, i want to be seeing A's on your results sheet

ReputationRep:

How about you?
    Same I do computer science, what exam board are you doing for computing?

BTW ,Good luck tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I guarantee it. You use their words first and then convert that into a paragraph using your own words.

Good luck c:
    Thank you! All the best to you as well!

ReputationRep:
    can someone give me an example paragraph answer for question 2?

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to develop points in section 3b like in question 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSlayerr)
    Do I have to develop points in section 3b like in question 1?
    No. You need to be concise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ad4m)
    No. You need to be concise.
    ok ty

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.