Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eu: In or out? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Should be stay a member or leave?
    Stay
    58.06%
    Leave
    41.94%

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd be voting leave

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logophile1998)
    Personally, I'd be voting leave

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a young liberal university educated centrist who's voted LibDem since I was 18 (oh and I think racism/nationalism is tribalistic nonsense and an evolutionary failing)..

I'm voting for Brexit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn is not even hiding the fact he secretly wants out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leave have 2 main things in our favour:

1) We've won the intellectual argument and trounced pseudo-liberals who have patronised the British electorate/undermined our Democratic rights

2) Most of the country will vote out on immigration at any rate/almost whatever we say (establishment hoped Jo Cox murder would change this)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Leave have 2 main things in our favour:

1) We've won the intellectual argument and trounced pseudo-liberals who have patronised the British electorate/undermined our Democratic rights

2) Most of the country will vote out on immigration at any rate/almost whatever we say (establishment hoped Jo Cox murder would change this)
    No you haven't 'won the argument'. Telling lie after lie does not count as 'winning the argument'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Corbyn is not even hiding the fact he secretly wants out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do remember that he was for Leave until he became Labour Leader
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samonia)
    Do remember that he was for Leave until he became Labour Leader
    He still is secretly imo.

ReputationRep:
    No you haven't 'won the argument'
    I'm afraid we have, both in the thread referenced/the TSR debate, and more broadly in terms of the two campaigns. Thank you and good night :top2:

ReputationRep:
    In.

ReputationRep:
    I've oscillated a lot over the past months, and have now come down firmly though reluctantly in favour of Remain. If anyone cares about my reasoning, or is unconvinced and wants a full perspective, I've written up my thoughts here:

https://jacknmoran.com/2016/06/21/why-vote-remain-12/
    https://jacknmoran.com/2016/06/22/why-vote-remain-22/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I've oscillated a lot over the past months, and have now come down firmly though reluctantly in favour of Remain. If anyone cares about my reasoning, or is unconvinced and wants a full perspective, I've written up my thoughts here:

Interesting that you think massive expenses no strings attached is mooted by fraud in MP expenses

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

i am also not in favour of withdrawal...

i have invested a not insubstantial amount of money in the outcome of tomorrow' vote.

ReputationRep:
    No you haven't 'won the argument'. Telling lie after lie does not count as 'winning the argument'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooo?!?!?!?! Why are more people voting remain??!?!?! Everyone has been brainwashed by the government propaganda!!!! No!!!! We need to leave the eu!!! I want to run down my road screaming!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    In.
    why?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookie123456789)
    Nooooooo?!?!?!?! Why are more people voting remain??!?!?! Everyone has been brainwashed by the government propaganda!!!! No!!!! We need to leave the eu!!! I want to run down my road screaming!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I'm not sure this is a particularly compelling argument. Or is this parody?

ReputationRep:
    This cannot be happening. This is not happening. Why are more people voting stay?!?!!?!? HELP! AHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i am also not in favour of withdrawal...

i have invested a not insubstantial amount of money in the outcome of tomorrow' vote.
    :holmes: Fare thee well, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure this is a particularly compelling argument. Or is this parody?
    No I actually feel this way. The stay voters are just brainwashed sheep!!
    Do you actually want more rape and terrorism in the UK? Do you actually want a worse off NHS?????!! Do you actually not want independence and freedom from the autocratic EUSSR?!?!?!! We can still trade with Europe if we leave!!!
    Why are people voting stay?!?!?! What a wasted vote!!! What a waste this referendum is if people vote stay!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.