Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Are they paid minimum wage or do you keep them locked up in a closet so nobody knows they're there?
    I learnt a neat trick to get around domestic labour law the other day: we keep them on a boat which is anchored in the Exclusive Economic Zone about 24 nautical miles from our coast.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I learnt a neat trick to get around domestic labour law the other day: we keep them on a boat which is anchored in the Exclusive Economic Zone about 24 nautical miles from our coast.
    It is nice to know another member of the MHoC watches Wendoverproductions, but you forgot to state the ship needs to be registered abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    It is nice to know another member of the MHoC watches Wendoverproductions, but you forgot to state the ship needs to be registered abroad.
    Haha, I guess there could be many sources of that information but you're nevertheless right, it was indeed my source. All of our slave ships are of course registered in a third world country, let's say Liberia.

ReputationRep:
    Announcement

Even if it's the last thing this government does, I'd like to announce that the mythical document also known as the budget is finally ready and I think our Chancellor has done a very good job, especially in comparison with his predecessors.

I'm tagging people who have likely supported the VoNC but hopefully may be persuaded to change their vote and support the government as a result of seeing the document (minus TDA, whom I've already contacted). If you're willing to reconsider, let me know ASAP and you'll get a private reading.

Our gratitude goes to our brilliant Chancellor The Financier who, albeit a bit late, has not succumbed to the curse and endured it all until the end. Also thanks to the people who have contributed to the budget in any way, particularly the Secretaries of State who have done their jobs properly. I hope this victory won't be a short-lived and a bitter one.

Thanks for your attention!

RayApparently Kay_Winters EricAteYou Unown Uzer tyroncs Mactotaur barnetlad Little Toy Gun cBay

ReputationRep:
    So what's the link to the Budget?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    So what's the link to the Budget?
    Wait until it's put up later...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Announcement

Even if it's the last thing this government does, I'd like to announce that the mythical document also known as the budget is finally ready and I think our Chancellor has done a very good job, especially in comparison with his predecessors.

I'm tagging people who have likely supported the VoNC but hopefully may be persuaded to change their vote and support the government as a result of seeing the document (minus TDA, whom I've already contacted). If you're willing to reconsider, let me know ASAP and you'll get a private reading.

Our gratitude goes to our brilliant Chancellor The Financier who, albeit a bit late, has not succumbed to the curse and endured it all until the end. Also thanks to the people who have contributed to the budget in any way, particularly the Secretaries of State who have done their jobs properly. I hope this victory won't be a short-lived and a bitter one.

Thanks for your attention!

RayApparently Kay_Winters EricAteYou Unown Uzer tyroncs Mactotaur barnetlad Little Toy Gun cBay
    A budget is not a reason for me to vote no. How does voting no benefit me or my party? Is there going to be a donation of £1 billion to Unown Uzer Ltd.? Or is there going to be a donation of that amount to UKIP? I will not be voting no unless I have a good reason that voting no could benefit me and my party. At least someone on the 'aye' side has tried to lobby me to vote aye, but all you could come up with is a budget that probably contains liberal policies that I hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    A budget is not a reason for me to vote no. How does voting no benefit me or my party? Is there going to be a donation of £1 billion to Unown Uzer Ltd.? Or is there going to be a donation of that amount to UKIP? I will not be voting no unless I have a good reason that voting no could benefit me and my party. At least someone on the 'aye' side has tried to lobby me to vote aye, but all you could come up with is a budget that probably contains liberal policies that I hate.
    Clear your inbox and let me know, please.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm rather disappointed I wasn't included on the list of people who might change their mind when I've stated a budget might change my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm rather disappointed I wasn't included on the list of people who might change their mind when I've stated a budget might change my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't realise you were an MP. The Parliament page of the wiki needs an update. You're going to get a PM in a moment.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I didn't realise you were an MP. The Parliament page of the wiki needs an update. You're going to get a PM in a moment.
    Im only a lowly proxy but I am an mp.

Thank you, I'll look at it when I'm off the road.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Clear your inbox and let me know, please.
    Done.

ReputationRep:
    I have a proxy right now so won't be voting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    I have a proxy right now so won't be voting.
    Right, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Little Toy Gun Actually—and sorry for bugging you twice—you could still instruct him to vote in a given way so if you're willing to consider it, let me know, please.

ReputationRep:
    Little Toy Gun Actually—and sorry for bugging you twice—you could still instruct him to vote in a given way so if you're willing to consider it, let me know, please.
    You're very welcome to message him yourself. I think it's Kyx. I don't really have an opinion on which way to vote and I don't think a budget would make a difference.

With that said, the proxying may end before the vote is concluded as I'm finishing my trip tomorrow. But I'm thinking of extending it cuz in three days I'm going on a second one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    No, because of the cut in the overall level of overseas aid. Something I would expect from UKIP, not the Liberals or Tories. At only 0.25% I think we could not provide the level of support we should, even if we excluded any country with nuclear programmes.
    Well, there had to be cuts if we wanted to retain all benefits for the domestic population and help those barely surviving. I believe we should first solve our own issues and only then venture to offer our help (which is often very questionable) abroad.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When are we getting DPMQs?

When are we getting a Finance Bill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    When are we getting DPMQs?

When are we getting a Finance Bill?
    There's going to be ESQ on Sunday, an SoI today or tomorrow, and an FB after that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Will the Government be creating some legislation related to the passing of the no alteration of student loan terms petition?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.