Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by The Financier)
    No way do Georgia or Poland deserve to be in the final.
    AGREED :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Georgia is a waste of space
    I agree Georgia did not have an amazing song but the contest is about more than that. Their staging was on point and that is probably why they got through. The international juries must have liked the crazy staging but I agree the song was not amazing.

(Original post by studyranger)
    I agree Georgia did not have an amazing song but the contest is about more than that. Their staging was on point and that is probably why they got through. The international juries must have liked the crazy staging but I agree the song was not amazing.
    Other songs deserved it...

Norway, Iceland.
    I think even they know they didn't deserve it. Did you see the surprise on their face????

ReputationRep:
    What I liked about when we found out that Georgia got in was that the UK commentators went completely silent

Probably thinking crap we got to sit through that light show again

ReputationRep:
    Other songs deserved it...

Norway, Iceland.
    I think even they know they didn't deserve it. Did you see the surprise on their face????
    Yeah I really wanted Iceland to go to the final. Norway I liked but in my opinion their staging did not help them which was a shame in my opinion but I like the song.

ReputationRep:
    I wish Norway got through

I understand why Georgia got through even though it's not my taste. I'm a bit skeptical about Poland though.... they were pretty lucky in terms of what countries could vote, imo

(Original post by Laurenafenete)
    What I liked about when we found out that Georgia got in was that the UK commentators went completely silent

Probably thinking crap we got to sit through that light show again
    Even Mel was like..."my eyes are still recovering"

ReputationRep:
    Even Mel was like..."my eyes are still recovering"
    Same here, oh god that amount of strobe lighting shouldn't be legal

ReputationRep:
    Norway, Switzerland, Iceland and Bosnia and Herzegovina were robbed. Plain and simple.

Hope Agnete is keeping strong.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not the best spot for the UK, Russia's got the best position.

The running order for the Grand Final:

1. Belgium
    2. Czech Republic
    3. The Netherlands
    4. Azerbaijan
    5. Hungary
    6. Italy
    7. Israel
    8. Bulgaria
    9. Sweden
    10. Germany
    11. France
    12. Poland
    13. Australia
    14. Cyprus
    15. Serbia
    16. Lithuania
    17. Croatia
    18. Russia
    19. Spain
    20. Latvia
    21. Ukraine
    22. Malta
    23. Georgia
    24. Austria
    25. United Kingdom
    26. Armenia

ReputationRep:
    I really want Ukraine to win the whole thing. I think Jamala gives such an emotional performance and you can see how emotionally exhausted by it after all it is a very personal performance for her
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Germany's song is really undervalued. I hope it does well.

I really want Ukraine to win the whole thing. I think Jamala gives such an emotional performance and you can see how emotionally exhausted by it after all it is a very personal performance for her
    But the song is so boring. :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Germany's song is really undervalued. I hope it does well.

But the song is so boring. :sleep:
    I can see why people think that but I really liked it from the first time i had heard it. I guess her voice is very intersting but it's not like a generic pop song or ballad which has been and is in the contest alot. It stands out to me becasue it's very different.

Germany does have a good song I think people don't like it becasue it doesn't really go anywhere but yeah I also like the song.

I can see why people think that but I really liked it from the first time i had heard it. I guess her voice is very intersting but it's not like a generic pop song or ballad which has been and is in the contest alot. It stands out to me becasue it's very different.

Germany does have a good song I think people don't like it becasue it doesn't really go anywhere but yeah I also like the song.
    Ukraine are playing a dirty game, trying to get sympathy votes from the public. NOT GOOD

ReputationRep:
    Ukraine are playing a dirty game, trying to get sympathy votes from the public. NOT GOOD
    I actually liked the song before I knew what it was about but yeah I guess you are right. I don't think it is a dirty game because usually people viewing eurovision on Saterday will not be the hardcore eurovision fans as in the bulk of the viewers will not. They will probably not even know, I want Ukraine to win for being so unique and for their killer staging but I think that it will be a two horse race between Australia and Russia, I think the bookies have it right. But it's Eurovision so you never know

I actually liked the song before I knew what it was about but yeah I guess you are right. I don't think it is a dirty game because usually people viewing eurovision on Saterday will not be the hardcore eurovision fans as in the bulk of the viewers will not. They will probably not even know, I want Ukraine to win for being so unique and for their killer staging but I think that it will be a two horse race between Australia and Russia, I think the bookies have it right. But it's Eurovision so you never know
    Also can we include france or spain? those are my contenders!

ReputationRep:
    Also can we include france or spain? those are my contenders!
    Yeah I really like Spain and France this year can't wait!!!
    NOt gonna lie though when we saw their preformance in the semi final I was a little worried with Spain's staging in the sense of what the jury will think I don't think it is the best staged song but the song is so strong I hope that the public will vote for it. I mean Spain should do better than last year.

One other thing I want to mention about Ukraine is that I don't really see it as them playing dirty the more I think about it I feel like she is informing people on th reality of what really happened. Just like Serbia singing about domestic violence both have a purpose to inform. (Love serbia and Israel as well btw)

Yeah I really like Spain and France this year can't wait!!!
    NOt gonna lie though when we saw their preformance in the semi final I was a little worried with Spain's staging in the sense of what the jury will think I don't think it is the best staged song but the song is so strong I hope that the public will vote for it. I mean Spain should do better than last year.

One other thing I want to mention about Ukraine is that I don't really see it as them playing dirty the more I think about it I feel like she is informing people on th reality of what really happened. Just like Serbia singing about domestic violence both have a purpose to inform. (Love serbia and Israel as well btw)
    Yeah, I officially detract my statement about Ukraine playing dirty. They're now in my top 10

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I officially detract my statement about Ukraine playing dirty. They're now in my top 10
    Haha yeah I have found that people hate the actual song then love, I think its because the staging makes it more than what it is
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    One other thing I want to mention about Ukraine is that I don't really see it as them playing dirty the more I think about it I feel like she is informing people on th reality of what really happened
    What does that have to do with anything? Anyone who knows anything about the USSR knows that Stalin deported Tartars (and millions of other non-Russians) to Central Asia, it isn't an unknown story. Ukraine never entered a song about the plight of the native Crimean population before - the only reason they're doing so now is because they've lost the Crimea and want it back.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.