Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    It relative, not compared to those that did every paper since 95, but I did work a lot.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It'll pay off. middle of last year it would've taken me days to do a step question, even a few months ago I would've had difficulty.
    great!! you'll be fine then

(Original post by gasfxekl)
    great!! you'll be fine then
    thanks, hope you do well too :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    thanks, hope you do well too :-)
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Yeah I need 196 UMS this year to get the 480 overall. If I get A* in Maths, I will get at least 180 UMS from C3 and C4 combined, needing 16 UMS from D1 for 480...
    Just wanna be on the safe side

No, I don't need to have A* in Maths. I need A*A*A in any combo of my three a levels. I'm really hoping for an A* in Maths though
    Ah ok, you will be fine. Just make sure you do the IAL and R papers for C3/4 they are literally the ony usefufl papers since the other UK ones are too easy.

ReputationRep:
    C/D in M4

Life's looking grim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Failed core 3, guess I'm going to have to work in tesco for the rest of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how we find out if we got our place if we miss our offer? Will they just post a letter or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Anyone know how we find out if we got our place if we miss our offer? Will they just post a letter or something?
    It will be on Track.

And if it's a Pending* then you need to send your UMS.

*I think that's the status but could be wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    It will be on Track.
    I was under the impression that Cambridge doesn't update track very quickly, am I wrong?

ReputationRep:
    It will be on Track.

And if it's a Pending* then you need to send your UMS.

*I think that's the status but could be wrong...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah cheers, once again the always reliable jneill answers my queries Any idea if it's different for those with a STEP offer? I just originally thought I had to call them or something but maybe not?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cheers, once again the always reliable jneill answers my queries Any idea if it's different for those with a STEP offer? I just originally thought I had to call them or something but maybe not?
    Not any different except replace "send UMS" with "send UMS and STEP score".

ReputationRep:
    We'll be running a pre-results day 'ask the admissions co-ordintors' thread from the 10th-17th August for exactly these kind of queries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    I was under the impression that Cambridge doesn't update track very quickly, am I wrong?
    No I think it updates at the same time as everyone else. I remember hearing my sisters screams of delight through the house at 9am when she found out she got her place!

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****. I spend 3 hours in exams and 3 hours in isolation today, and for those jokes of exam papers?

Brb curling up into the foetal position and crying

ReputationRep:
    Results Day updates are fine. It's offers that are a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mostly_Crazy)
    Holy ****. I spend 3 hours in exams and 3 hours in isolation today, and for those jokes of exam papers?

Brb curling up into the foetal position and crying
    What exams did you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    No I think it updates at the same time as everyone else. I remember hearing my sisters screams of delight through the house at 9am when she found out she got her place!
    Results Day updates are fine. It's offers that are a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    What exams did you have?
    D1 and S2. D1 was absolutely revolting, there wasn't a single straightforward question and the LP/activity network questions were ridiculous. S2 wasn't THAT bad to be honest, there were just loads of weird questions and stuff I wasn't expecting, and my brain was fried from doing D1 already

At least I'm done with applied now, it's the pure units that really matter

ReputationRep:
    Not any different except replace "send UMS" with "send UMS and STEP score".
    They will already have STEP including the transcript. Just UMS needs to be sent.

(Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    We'll be running a pre-results day 'ask the admissions co-ordintors' thread from the 10th-17th August for exactly these kind of queries.
    Cool! I hope I'm posting correct info so far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mostly_Crazy)
    D1 and S2. D1 was absolutely revolting, there wasn't a single straightforward question and the LP/activity network questions were ridiculous. S2 wasn't THAT bad to be honest, there were just loads of weird questions and stuff I wasn't expecting, and my brain was fried from doing D1 already

At least I'm done with applied now, it's the pure units that really matter
    Ah, yes D1 is the devils child (I've still got that one on Friday, sadly). Don't worry, the pure units are the most important as you say and it sounds as though S2 was decent! It's natural to think that something has gone awfully wrong if it was unexpected, so I'm sure you have done well.

What's your offer if you don't mind me asking?

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.