Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sreddy17)
    fantastic cheers mate, are shl and kenexa pretty similar, they are from what i remember?
    Somewhat, kenexa has a slightly different format.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Slightly paranoid I may have started an application on the wrong GS portal... EMEA is open right?

ReputationRep:
    SHL is significantly more difficult in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai)
    Slightly paranoid I may have started an application on the wrong GS portal... EMEA is open right?
    Yes. You'll easily tell if the wrong locations appear on the drop-down menu in the application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is what university u go to relevant if your applying for finance grad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    Is what university u go to relevant if your applying for finance grad?
    Nah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    not to raise the alarms but looks like UBS grad positions are only available for a couple of divisions.. no AM no S&T no a lot of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    not to raise the alarms but looks like UBS grad positions are only available for a couple of divisions.. no AM no S&T no a lot of things
    They are for IBD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    They are for IBD
    hefty competition if thats all they have open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    meaning final years apply for Summer roles?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You'll easily tell if the wrong locations appear on the drop-down menu in the application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh okay :') thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Where in the J.P. Morgan application can you upload a covering letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where in the J.P. Morgan application can you upload a covering letter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They do not ask for a CL

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what other investment banks have trading challenges ? that help you get an interview for summer internships if you win ? absolutely gutted that i missed the jp morgan one !

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, do you think it is worth applying for a bank where i did not get fast-tracked after the sw last year (consider it was a place where 60% of the people got fast-tracked). Also, does jpm do tests ? they didn't use to do them for sw level but read somewhere that they do for summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalambay)
    Hi guys, do you think it is worth applying for a bank where i did not get fast-tracked after the sw last year (consider it was a place where 60% of the people got fast-tracked). Also, does jpm do tests ? they didn't use to do them for sw level but read somewhere that they do for summer.
    nope no tests at JPM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalambay)
    Absolutely worth applying for.

ReputationRep:
    Any updates on application openings?

ReputationRep:
    is it useful to name drop junior analysts in an application? I know him pretty well, but not sure how much influence he will have as an analyst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econibpe)
    is it useful to name drop junior analysts in an application? I know him pretty well, but not sure how much influence he will have as an analyst.
    Yes, do it. The analysts are going to be the ones sifting cvs anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.