Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    Grade boundaries will be high I reckon, was a 'easier' paper, I think I dropped about 4 marks(at a push) and the majority of that was the the show that, I can't remember much but stuff like k=7/2 and B was nine hundred and something b=1/9a-5/9 the other logs question X= -2.19 and 0/no solutions, sinx= 1/4 or 2(no solutions) and solve and minimum perimeter is like 120m or something once you solve dP/dX and X= 16.6 something, radius of circle is sqrt 34 and I can't recall much more
    I got B = 936 I, b=(a-5)/9, sinx = - 1/4, and the rest the same as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxHannahBxx)
    do you think we will lose the marks for e) and proving it was a min point?
    I don't think we will lose any marks because one mark is for differentiating correctly and subbing in our value of x and the other mark is for saying its >0 so it's a minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unifiedfield)
    The value of X was meant to be subbed back into the formula for P giving you 120m not 16
    Yeah that's what I did :P I only did a, d & e on question 9 - The show questions were too difficult for me. How did you find them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliejr98)
    I got that too.. I also thought it was unusual numbers :/
    I thought that too, but considering your set of coordinates was quite large, 10 and 13?? It seems about right

ReputationRep:
    How difficult was the C2?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4117033

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benja1998)
    Yeah that's what I did :P I only did a, d & e on question 9 - The show questions were too difficult for me. How did you find them?
    They were alright, although the number of marks allocated were misleading, considering I think it took me an entire page for b and c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DW4)
    x was 16.6339... which = 17, then you had to sub it into P to get P = 120
    I got the same but I left my answers to 1 decimal place...(x=16.6 and p=120.something) did the question ask to leave the answers as integers? would I still get full marks for that question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meediaabid)
    question nine was a middle finger from edexcel
    lool that question was a madting, never seen something like it. all of the other questions were fine apart from the 2nd part of the log equation.

ReputationRep:
    how many marks would i lose for the first trig questions, if I only found 1 correct value

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DW4)
    I got B = 936 I, b=(a-5)/9, sinx = - 1/4, and the rest the same as you.
    Pretty sure B was one thousand and something

ReputationRep:
    The value of X was meant to be subbed back into the formula for P giving you 120m not 16
    What if you wrote 16 but didnt sub it in, hkw many marks would you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack potato)
    I got the same but I left my answers to 1 decimal place...(x=16.6 and p=120.something) did the question ask to leave the answers as integers? would I still get full marks for that question?
    It said to leave it to the nearest metre, so it'll probable lose you 1 accuracy mark

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the sin cos questions? the first on radians and second on degrees...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have access to the paper. I need to know how many marks each question was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack potato)
    What did everyone get for the sin cos questions? the first on radians and second on degrees...
    -2pi/15, 8pi/15

195.5, 345.5
    Something like that

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure B was one thousand and something
    B was definitely 900 and something

the correct value of k was 7/2

I got 120m for the perimeter also, and a small decimal is >0 therefore a minimum.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys if I got x=16.6 something and substitute x into d2P/dx2 and got 0.4 sth and it's minimum will I get full mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanna11199)
    Hey guys if I got x=16.6 something and substitute x into d2P/dx2 and got 0.4 sth and it's minimum will I get full mark?
    As long as you stated that its greater than 0 so its minimum

ReputationRep:
    how did people get the area of s - can't remember what question it was ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kizza123246)
    -2.01 or something like that?
    I got -2.19. Anyone else??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.