Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julieplec)
    I don't think so, they can't ask you to 'describe loftus and Palmer' for example with regards to a laboratory experiment

Posted from TSR Mobile
    but cant they ask us e.g. to describe the procedure of a laboratory study we have studied

ReputationRep:
    predictions for issues and clinical?

ReputationRep:
    If they ask to plan a practical how would you do it? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08graya;[url="tel:65655317")
    65655317[/url]]this is the first half of my issues and debates notes... I'm really really sorry that they are complete yet but somethings come up - I'll try upload the rest ASAP!
    Heyy your notes are really good!! Do you have notes on clinical as well?

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to remember the name of the study where false memories were implanted into a woman about her father and it was later discovered they were false.

Can anyone enlighten me?

EDIT: I got it, Beth Rutherford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karlygash0712)
    Heyy your notes are really good!! Do you have notes on clinical as well?
    Hey aha thanks! At the moment I don't have any typed up but am trying to get them done by the end of the day!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions especially for issues and debates as im just finding it such a heavy topic. I feel like for clinical the practical may come up which is good as it is the easiest to talk about compared to all the others.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliviaa1)
    Does anyone have any predictions especially for issues and debates as im just finding it such a heavy topic. I feel like for clinical the practical may come up which is good as it is the easiest to talk about compared to all the others.

Thank you
    Dont worry, I&D is literally just contributions and the 4 debates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer1)

Is there any useful resources for is psychology a science? as this is probably a weak area for me

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any notes on comparing treatments/explanations for mental disorders? I wanted to make a table but I can't work out how to do it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliviaa1)
    Is there any useful resources for is psychology a science? as this is probably a weak area for me
    Have you checked http://lca-a2psychology.weebly.com/debates.html ?
    It's quite brief but gives all the the key terms you need!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer1)
    What are the 4 debates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adevy18)
    What are the 4 debates?
    Ethnocentricism, is psychology a science, nature vs nurture, social control

ReputationRep:
    What are the 4 debates?
    Please dont.. the exam is Tuesday I'm genuinely worried for some of you

MAIS ÇA VA S'ARRANGER ESPÉRONS..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themodeststudent)
    Ethnocentricism, is psychology a science, nature vs nurture, social control
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    thank you
    No problem😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rsprcy)
    Does anyone have any notes on comparing treatments/explanations for mental disorders? I wanted to make a table but I can't work out how to do it haha
    Schiz:

Dopamine Hyp vsSBH Similarities Differences Both reductionist - ignore each other Biological (DH) vs. Social/Environmental (SBH) Lots of evidence for both theories is correlational - more so in SBH - C&E can't be established DH has much more scientific evidence supporting it - e.g. Davies et al Both theories take blame away from patient - put into hands of genes/env as responsible SBH = less deterministic - suggest something can be done about it - DH says nothing can be done Both argue you'd get increased vulnerability across fams; Ä DH = genes passed on Ä SBH = same social class as fam DT vs ACT Drug therapy vs.ACT Similarities Differences Both arguably individualised for each person DT = cheaper Professionals needed in both Ä DT = doctor to prescribe / pro to inject in some cases ACT = more personalised care Drugs = a part of both DT treats clinical symptoms, ACT doesn't Ethical arguments against both DT works in any env, ACT requires densely populated area DT = side-effects / ACT = none ACT = lifelong / DT = can come off it Less likely to relapse w/ ACT Biological (DT) vs. Social (ACT) treatments Different levels of DT - TYP & ATYP ACT takes more responsibilities off families

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rsprcy)
    Schiz & DEPRESSION
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx TREATMENTS AND COMPARISONS.docx (15.1 KB, 76 views)

ReputationRep:
    What are the 4 debates?
    I&D is so much more than just the 4 debates.....

4 debates - ethnocentrism, nature vs. nurture, social control, psych as a science

then you have...
    research methods
    animal studies - studies using studies
    ethical guidelines
    evaluating an unseen study
    design an experiment
    contributions (which there is so much to learn for)
    can be asked on key issues from cognitive, social, biological, criminological, child, learning or psychodynamic

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain how drug treatments work at treating phobias please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.