Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    answer for the standard form one? it was divide

ReputationRep:
    I think that i will get 75...80 marks in this paper. just the last few questions were hard but other than that the paper was easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radford15)
    answer for the standard form one? it was divide
    7x10^8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giovanni_)
    What do you guys think are gonna be the grade boundaries? I think I didn't do all that well, I looked over the paper, I got around 70-80
    70-80!? That's good definitely at least an A !

ReputationRep:
    higher tier

that's my answer - at least what I remember - most should be correct (I hope):
    Prism: 750 cm3
    2/5 females and 36 male: 90 teachers
    standard notation: 1.75 x 10^10
    angles: 72*
    questionaire: no time framework / answers overlap, how many packs of chips you buy in a week? 0, 1, 2 or 3+, sample from student in a class is biased / too small
    last question (the most difficult! for me): 1/4 - (squre root of 6)/12
    females in art galleries: 11
    quadratic formula (x = 4(x-3)^2)) can't remember exactly but I've got some silly number like 11 +- square root of 132
    floor: not enough - she's got 7.5 litres and needs 10
    vectors: a+b, a-3b, 1/3(a+b), it tells me that s lies on that line (OT?) because a+b is shared factor (?)
    x^2+4x-2 and x^2+4x-6 question: I read values when curve crosses x line for x^2+4x-2 and I dropped next curve by 4 points down (x^2+4x-6) and read it once more, simultanous equation I draw a line y = -x +6 and read x coorrdinates when crosses with the curve
    plot graph: 1) median is lower for 16 y.o. 2) range is shorter for 16 y.o. 3) interguartile range is wider for 16 y.o 4) minimal and maximum wages are lower for 16 y.o.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    7x10^8
    that wernt it

ReputationRep:
    that wernt it
    Yes it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppstudent)
    higher tier

questionaire: no time framework / answers overlap, how many packs of chips you buy in a week? 0, 1, 2 or 3+, sample from student in a class is biased / too small
    quadratic formula (x = 4(x-3)^2)) can't remember exactly but I've got some silly number like 11 +- square root of 132
    vectors: a+b, a-3b, 1/3(a+b), it tells me that s lies on that line (OT?) because a+b is shared factor (?)
    x^2+4x-2 and x^2+4x-6 question: I read values when curve crosses x line for x^2+4x-2 and I dropped next curve by 4 points down (x^2+4x-6) and read it once more, simultanous equation I draw a line y = -x +6 and read x coorrdinates when crosses with the curve
    plot graph: 1) median is lower for 16 y.o. 2) range is shorter for 16 y.o. 3) interguartile range is wider for 16 y.o 4) minimal and maximum wages are lower for 16 y.o.
    IQR WAS SAME
    and angles one is 69

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppstudent)
    higher tier

Standard form was 3.5x10^something / 5x10^-3 it comes out to 7x10^8
    The questionnaire responses can't have overlapped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobha)
    Question 24 was 100 50 20 definitely I did it after with my teacher
    Well no it was 100,25,4

ReputationRep:
    what are the marks for each question? does anyone remember???

ReputationRep:
    For the circle/shaded square area question (Answer currently on unofficial mark scheme as 100-25pi, however in I factorised it to it's simplest form as the question asked and ended up with 4-pi

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    i would like to know what people have put for question 6, thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what the answer for the vectors was?

ReputationRep:
    that wernt it
    That was the answer for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcseexamz)
    It was 100,25,4, and 1 ( which was already written )
    Yes I got this The constant = 100 didn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedPeacock)
    For the circle/shaded square area question (Answer currently on unofficial mark scheme as 100-25pi, however in I factorised it to it's simplest form as the question asked and ended up with 4-pi

As long as you put it as 25(4-pi) - that;s correct.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

ReputationRep:
    Q1) Volume of prism 750cm^3 (2 marks)
    Q2) Transformations (4 marks)
    Q3) Questionnaires. No time frame given/No numeric values/too vague. Write a better question.
    Sample size too small/biased (5 marks)
    Q4) Indicies. p^7, g^2, k^6, -5m+10, n (n-7) (6 marks)
    Q5) Estimating 45 to 47 ish (2 marks)
    Q6) Number of teachers. 90 (3 marks)
    Q7) Coordinates. (-3, -2) (2 marks)
    Q8) Spinners. 60 times (4 marks)
    Q9) Formula for letters. T = 5x + 20y (3 marks)
    Q10) No she doesnt have enough varnish. 37.5cm^2 < 50cm^2 (5 marks)
    Q11) Percentage rise. 36% (3 marks)
    Q12) Bisectors. Should bisect angle exactly in middle. Leave in construction lines. Draw perpendicular to line, not through it and leave in construction lines. (4 marks)
    Q13) Two way tables. 11 females (4 marks)
    Q14) Circle inside square. 100-25pi (3 marks)
    Q15) Box plots. Comlare the median, IQR and range. 150 people. (5 marks)
    Q16) Standard form. 7x10^8 (2 marks)
    Q17) Quadratic graphs. x= -0.4 and 4.4
    x= -1.1 and 5.1. Simultaneous equation: x= -1.7 and y= 4.7. (This question will have a range of answers so if you're close you probably got it right) (6 marks)
    Q18) Fractions. 4/5 and 24/5 (6 marks)
    Q19) Inequalities. x < 7 and 7/5 (5 marks)
    Q20) Quadratic equation. x= 2 and x=6 (3 marks)
    Q21) Probability tree. 0.3, 0.05, etc. Probablity it doesnt rain and match cancelled 0.04 (5 marks)
    Q22) Circle theorem question. 69° (5 marks)
    Q23)Vectors. a+b, 3b-a , 3/4 (a+b) Point S is the intersection of line PR and OT (6 marks)
    Q24) Invese proprtion. K=100 therefore gaps in table were 100, 25 and 4 (4 marks)
    Q25) Surds. 3- root 6/12 (3 marks)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamer_44)
    Yes I got this The constant = 100 didn't it?
    Yea, K = 100

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.