Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedna)
    Definitely 740, and I believe someone said they had one with 730.
    Ive got one with 730 standard UG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap yaaah)
    Ive got one with 730 standard UG
    Ah thankyou I've got 727 so obviously just missed out on this batch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedna)
    damn, unlucky dude. Youll be in next batch for sure!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we can check how many people applied this year for 2017 entry?
    Something like this but with 2017 entry stats http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions...ATdata2016.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedna)
    I got 727 as well, absolutely gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealLifeEducator)
    I got 727 as well, absolutely gutted
    why be gutted?
    you'll be in t he next batch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    why be gutted?
    you'll be in t he next batch.
    I guess I just wanted an interview now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealLifeEducator)
    I guess I just wanted an interview now
    To be honest, it's always a blessing in disguise to have an interview later in the cycle as you have longer to prepare for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap yaaah)
    Does anyone know if we can check how many people applied this year for 2017 entry?
    Something like this but with 2017 entry stats http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions...ATdata2016.pdf
    They said 3600 i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisdale98)
    They said 3600 i think
    Really? Would've thought it'd be about 2,700 (quite standard). 3,600 seems unusually high!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Really? Would've thought it'd be about 2,700 (quite standard). 3,600 seems unusually high!
    3600 was A100 + A101 combined so you can probably knock about 1000 off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meddad)
    I think the 690 scores may be from people applying through the Partners Widening Access scheme, which often has a lower threshold than the standard Home Undergraduate route.

It could well be that the standard route threshold ends up being 690 or lower but I don't think anybody has posted a score at that level yet, other than Partners applicants.

Plenty of time for that still to happen though.
    (Original post by CSD99)
    Where did you hear this and are you sure that these people were normal undergraduates??(not PARTNERS)
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    But this was for the partners scheme right?
    (Original post by kayasparkles)
    Where did you come across this information?
    I'm so sorry, it appears I was mistaken. The person I was speaking with (who has a score of 693 non-partners) was playing a prank on me. Sorry!

I'll delete my original post so that it does not confuse more people.

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope a new batch of interviews go out today 😬😬😬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    We had an email a few weeks ago they said 3600

ReputationRep:
    Went and had another chat.

So the bulk of interviews actually happen in January; they don't interview many in December so they've only sent out the December invites so far. If people can't make December they may send out one or two more to fill those slots so you may hear of a couple of sporadic invites but the vast majority of people will be interviewed in January and so invited at the beginning of December.

For those interested; they've given out a few UG and GEM interviews but none to 'dual candidates' who applied to both so if that's you don't panic yet ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenfeather)

So the bulk of interviews actually happen in January; they don't interview many in December so they've only sent out the December invites so far. If people can't make December they may send out one or two more to fill those slots so you may hear of a couple of sporadic invites but the vast majority of people will be interviewed in January and so invited at the beginning of December.

For those interested; they've given out a few UG and GEM interviews but none to 'dual candidates' who applied to both so if that's you don't panic yet ☺️
    That's reassuring to hear. So in other words I can assume they've only sent out invites to candidates in the top academic rank with exceptional UKCAT scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview in December but that week it's on are the days I am working on, would I be allowed to swap to Jan interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicapplicant)
    I have an interview in December but that week it's on are the days I am working on, would I be allowed to swap to Jan interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's possible. Can you not book days off of work, though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenfeather)

Do you know if Newcastle have a specific interview date for those candidates that have taken the UKCATSEN?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    It's possible. Can you not book days off of work, though?
    I tried to but they said no (it's a seasonal job only 3 weeks and the interview week is in it) I'll try to rearrange but if I can't I'll have to quit the job

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.