Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    It kept crashing last night and so it crashed when I caught a Golbat so I didn't get to keep it :bawling:

Which Tory cabinet minister should i name my Pidgeot after? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    Am I the only one really disturbed by the way the poll has been coloured

You're supposed to be a professional Puddles :no:
    :lol: I forgot the colour order. Let me switch them over.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any advice on the gyms..
    It kinda auto selects what Pokémon I'm going to use? Also, is it more worth saving the candy to level up or evolve? :pika:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S. Just learnt there's a pikachu emoji.. Soo happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucarious30)
    Anyone got any advice on the gyms..
    It kinda auto selects what Pokémon I'm going to use? Also, is it more worth saving the candy to level up or evolve? :pika:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S. Just learnt there's a pikachu emoji.. Soo happy!
    It auto selects ones with highest cp but if you click on one you can chose from all of your Pokemon to replace that one.

It is recommended that you save both the dust and candy until you're level 10+ the Pokemon that you catch have cp corresponding to your level. So at level 5 you won't really catch any 300cp ones but when you get to level 10+ you may catch them. And the higher the cp, the more of both they need to train or evolve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    It auto selects ones with highest cp but if you click on one you can chose from all of your Pokemon to replace that one.

It is recommended that you save both the dust and candy until you're level 10+ the Pokemon that you catch have cp corresponding to your level. So at level 5 you won't really catch any 300cp ones but when you get to level 10+ you may catch them. And the higher the cp, the more of both they need to train or evolve.
    Thank you for your knowledge! :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    No GPS signal all day, in same places I was yesterday. Not sure if it's a bug or my phone playing up*

ReputationRep:
    All my pokemon are running away so annoyed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What... they can run away :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    It kept crashing last night and so it crashed when I caught a Golbat so I didn't get to keep it :bawling:

Which Tory cabinet minister should i name my Pidgeot after? :beard:
    Mine crashed when I caught Golbat too! Golbat master hacker..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I for some reason love the idea of a pokemon on the screen and then just legging it..

ReputationRep:
    Why do I see so many gym ppl use hypno as their pokemon etc?

I always seee hypno with CP600-800+

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?!? They can actually run away from you?? :zomg: how is that possible, what did you even do to make them run away from you lol? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Why do I see so many gym ppl use hypno as their pokemon etc?

I always seee hypno with CP600-800+
    Because there are a **** tonne of drowzees to catch and you can get fairly high level ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of lures around work today - I'm scared they're going to wear off if I go now but I don't want to take my lunch hour yet - but I need to catch pokemon!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    There are loads of lures around work today - I'm scared they're going to wear off if I go now but I don't want to take my lunch hour yet - but I need to catch pokemon!!
    *walks out for lunch immediately after posting this* :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, I'm very jealous of those who live in a city centre. I live in London for uni, but I've come back home for the summer so I won't get to see what London is like until September :/.

ReputationRep:
    I swear its only around busy town centres or cities that my coverage suddenly drops... my mobile data only works in the deserted countryside where there's pretty much nothing. But it's okay i'm happy with my... two pokemon....... 4 days after i installed the app... who needs charizard i have a venonat,,, :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's finally time to get out the bike and ride around the area, will make getting the pikachu starter a little quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    I swear its only around busy town centres or cities that my coverage suddenly drops... my mobile data only works in the deserted countryside where there's pretty much nothing. But it's okay i'm happy with my... two pokemon....... 4 days after i installed the app... who needs charizard i have a venonat,,, :getmecoat:
    Try going at different times? Mine is impossible after around 5pm but it's all good if you go at noon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Try going at different times? Mine is impossible after around 5pm but it's all good if you go at noon
    i've tried that i'm afraid, it's always particular places where it shuts off

ReputationRep:
    What level is everyone?

I just became 10
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.