2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Actually, most are AAB-BBB.. With of course Goldman (and I believe Barclays) not having any at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, but if we're being realistic 90%+ candidates have AAA or above in front office. And most have more than three A Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    Yes, but if we're being realistic 90%+ candidates have AAA or above in front office. And most have more than three A Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed, but I also know people with ABB and AAC that have gotten through..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who's not in their penultimate/final year/MSc program applied anywhere? I've applied to a couple of off cycles but even those are a bit picky when it comes to who can apply, would like to know if there's more out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    *I am fairly worried over whether doing an Access to HE Diploma may not be looked on as favourably as A-levels would be by investment banks. The maximum number of UCAS points I could gain through my Access course is 144, if I gain 45/45 Distinctions which is what I shall aim for. Am I disadvantaged much by doing an Access course in order to get to a wishfully good university for a Business and/or Management degree?
    Hard to say.

Im currently applying for banking/accounting roles and I did an Access to HE course in 2010. Most of the applications ask for A-Level results, but also have a list of alternatives. I haven't encountered a single application that has Access as a preset option, you have to choose other and enter it manually. Ive always been told there is no direct translation from Access to UCAS points. When I do applications I try and specify that my undergrad course entry requirement was AAB, and I met the offer they gave to me, so in my opinion its worth that many UCAS points.*

The problem is, if you get rejected in the first screening, they don't offer feedback. That makes it really hard to know whether it was because of your lack of A-levels or something else. I got rejected from Deloitte without getting to sit any tests. The only 'weakness' to my application was C grade GCSE in maths and english from 2005 instead of required B grade. Even though I have 2.1, masters degree from UCL and internship in a related area to the application, was still rejected.*

However, Im interviewing at PwC, BDO and RBS in the next two weeks, and still waiting to hear back from others. So its not as if you can't make it past the first round. Whats more important is your university, what you study and getting internships.

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard back from Deutsche for any programme ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by self_help_jj)
    Why on earth would you want to work for Deutsche..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're still a strong bank in many areas..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see where your question is coming from but I have a limited number of options left as I am final year
    so dreading all the rejections that are going to come at once

ReputationRep:
    Yes. They rejected me based on 'not graduating between July 2016 and July 2017'. I graduated in July 2016. I rang the number they provided in the email for graduate HR. The guy answered and when I started trying to explain the situation he went in to a long speech about how they don't provide feedback at this stage etc etc without actually listening to what I had to say. Once he got done, I managed to explain but he wasn't interested, just said "oh - send an email". I did that on Friday, still not heard anything.

Hope they enjoy their £10bn fine. *

ReputationRep:
    When is the deadline for GS and MS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)
    Yes. They rejected me based on 'not graduating between July 2016 and July 2017'. I graduated in July 2016. I rang the number they provided in the email for graduate HR. The guy answered and when I started trying to explain the situation he went in to a long speech about how they don't provide feedback at this stage etc etc without actually listening to what I had to say. Once he got done, I managed to explain but he wasn't interested, just said "oh - send an email". I did that on Friday, still not heard anything.

sounds harsh
    Although Deutsche is one place. Plus you sound motivated and so pretty sure you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh_v)

Oh damn. I applied to Deutsche and I also graduated in July 2016....

ReputationRep:
    I've done the test and it now says application under review, although I found this quote in there FAQ's..

"Bear in mind that we may be reviewing several thousand CVs/Resumes. In general, we don’t reject candidates until all of the positions are filled and the program is full. This ensures that everyone has the same opportunity, but it may mean you have to wait a little longer for your response if you apply well before the deadline. We hope you understand, why and thank you for your patience."

Just gotta wait and hope I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from firms re: summer analyst applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulanoctis)
    Has anyone heard back from firms re: summer analyst applications?
    wrong thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kunta)
    I've done the test and it now says application under review, although I found this quote in there FAQ's..

"Bear in mind that we may be reviewing several thousand CVs/Resumes. In general, we don’t reject candidates until all of the positions are filled and the program is full. This ensures that everyone has the same opportunity, but it may mean you have to wait a little longer for your response if you apply well before the deadline. We hope you understand, why and thank you for your patience."

Just gotta wait and hope I guess!

Thanks for this
    When did you finish your tests ? It has been a month for me now
    I cannot help but think this is a bad sign as I thought they recruit on a rolling basis

ReputationRep:
    just passed the first barclays business insight, which was kinda long...i didn't apply to barclays last year, any insight into what to expect from the online interviews guys? plz?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wh18)
    just passed the first barclays business insight, which was kinda long...i didn't apply to barclays last year, any insight into what to expect from the online interviews guys? plz?
    You received the online interview immediately ?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is it me of the number of available graduate schemes in banking this year (IB, AM) has decreased compared to last year? Several programs I applied to last year are not even advertised, especially in asset management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichelT)
    Guys, is it me of the number of available graduate schemes in banking this year (IB, AM) has decreased compared to last year? Several programs I applied to last year are not even advertised, especially in asset management.
    Yes, there is significantly less graduate hiring this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.