Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by soooo0)
    Oh cool, what do they think of the city? My dad mentioned that an area of Bristol has the highest crime rate in England which has made me a little worried, do they think it's a safe place?
    I live in Bristol, and this is definitely not true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm new to TSR!

Course: mix between Computer Science and Business management (Each uni has a different name for the course)
    Uni's: UCL, KCL, Surrey, Loughborough, QMU
    GCSEs: 7As 2A*s
    A level predictions: A*AA
    Extra Curricula: - I'm sporty and I love spreading my passion for sport.
    - I have work experience at a technology consulting firm.
    - I enjoy reading around my subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Course: Linguistics
    Universities: UCL, King's, Bangor, Winchester and Roehampton
    GCSE grades: AAAAABCCC
    AS grades (achieved): ABC
    A2 grades (predicted): A*AB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    New course this year.
    Ooh nice! I'm not gonna apply there though because the next open day isn't until June '17 and also, the course is Psychology in Education which means the other parts of psychology, that I personally enjoy, won't be covered

Oh cool, what do they think of the city? My dad mentioned that an area of Bristol has the highest crime rate in England which has made me a little worried, do they think it's a safe place?
    I think she's enjoying it but I'll have to ask her for you. I've visited Bristol and I personally really enjoyed it and think it's a pretty city but I guess that's, again, from a tourist-y kinda perspective!

What course are you going to be applying for? I feel like you've said but I can't remember, haha!

ReputationRep:
    International Student from US
    Course: International Relations
    Universities: University of Edinburgh, Kings College London, University of Manchester, University of Birmingham, University of Nottingham.
    Tests Scores: I'm taking ACT this weekend, SAT in November, and Subject Tests in December.
    Relevant Extra Curricular: Model United Nation

ReputationRep:
    Name: Kim
    Course: psychology (with cognitive neuroscience)
    Universities: Nottingham, Birmingham, York, Manchester, Liverpool
    Predicted: AAA
    Offers: York (psychology with integrated masters) and liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Course: Bioveterinary Science
    Universities: Harper Adams, Lincoln, Liverpool, Surrey, Aberystwyth
    GCSE grades: 10A's (Food, Business Studies, History, French, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, R.E., English Language), 1A* (English Literature)
    AS grades (predicted/achieved): A (Psychology), B (Biology), B (History) C (Chemistry)
    A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A (Biology), A (History), B (Chemistry), A* (Predicted for EPQ)
    Extra curricular: 4 weeks work experience at various animal places, Student Counsellor, cycling/running, part time job at a pharmacy
    Other: I've grown up on a smallholding so I've helped with the lambing every year since I was little. Would like to apply for Vet Med in the future but at the moment I don't have enough work experience and my grades aren't up to scratch.

ReputationRep:
    Course: History
    Universities: Birmingham, Queen mary's UOL, Royal Holloway, Goldsmiths and Keele.
    GCSE grades: 2As, 7Bs
    AS grades (achieved): BBCC in History, Psychology, English literature and Media respectively.
    A2 grades (predicted): ABB.
    Extracurricular: I volunteered at Cancer Research UK and helped to raise money through selling calenders and bracelets, I'm the vice president of external students group, I am a part of the student council at school and I'm a career ambassador.
    Offers?: Royal Holloway

ReputationRep:
    Hola everyone!! Honestly I'm so excited for uni I just can't even :rofl2:

Course: Industrial Design/Product Design
    Universities: Loughborough, Edinburgh, Brunel, Bournemouth
    GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAAAAAABB
    AS grades (achieved): AABE (Business, Product Design, English Lit, Chemistry lol)
    A2 grades (predicted): AAA (Business, Product Design, English Lit)
    Extra curricular: I am currently a House Captain for my school and have undertaken work experience in the graphic design industry

My application should be being sent off by the end of next week so fingers crossed good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't personally, but one of my friends who's early entry (she's applying to Cambridge) has.
    awesome! you applying for law as well?

Hi guys, i want to do Radiography at Uni which you need 'BBB' for. Do you think theres a chance of me getting in with predicted grades of 'AAD'. I have enough UCAS points but not the grades.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any Pharmacology applicants out there??!! I feel very lonely, not found anyone on TSR that is a 2017 applicant

Name: Molly
    Course: Pharmacology/Pharmacology & Physiology
    Universities: Leeds, Nottingham Trent, Edinburgh, Liverpool and UCLan
    GCSEs: A*A*A*AAAAAAB
    AS Levels: AAAB
    A Levels (predicted): AAA (but I'd love A*AA)
    Offers: Not sent off my application yet (need to wait for my reference to be written, but on my side everything is done!)

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an offer for Geography at Exeter??

ReputationRep:
    I feel like the only person who hasn't sent of my application yet im applying for PGCE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    Ooh nice! I'm not gonna apply there though because the next open day isn't until June '17 and also, the course is Psychology in Education which means the other parts of psychology, that I personally enjoy, won't be covered

I think she's enjoying it but I'll have to ask her for you. I've visited Bristol and I personally really enjoyed it and think it's a pretty city but I guess that's, again, from a tourist-y kinda perspective!

What course are you going to be applying for? I feel like you've said but I can't remember, haha!
    I'm applying for Psychology in Education/ Education Studies (Psychology)/ Psychology with Education Studies all my unis call it something different but they're basically the same, all BPS accredited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ15)
    awesome! you applying for law as well?
    Hahahahah nope applying for Psychology in Education

ReputationRep:
    guys i havent applied yet and im feeling really stressed. Because its the half term, ill probably be applying in two weeks time. does this put me at a disadvantage? im applying for business management at manchester, surrey, birmigham kent and kingston. im predicted A* A C(but im trying to get that up to a B and im almost there!). loads of people are getting offers back and i feel as though im useless and wont get in. my teacher keeps telling me to change my personal statement even though i think its good plz help meeeee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnwarArcher)
    guys i havent applied yet and im feeling really stressed. Because its the half term, ill probably be applying in two weeks time. does this put me at a disadvantage? im applying for business management at manchester, surrey, birmigham kent and kingston. im predicted A* A C(but im trying to get that up to a B and im almost there!). loads of people are getting offers back and i feel as though im useless and wont get in. my teacher keeps telling me to change my personal statement even though i think its good plz help meeeee.
    You're not going to be disadvantaged as long as you apply before the 15th of January. If you think your teacher is trustworthy, I'd listen to their advice or if you don't, I would go to someone else who could help you? Some teachers have a lot more experience than we do and they know what the universities are looking for, however, don't let them alter your personal statement too much because it's your 'personal' statement so it should be yours if that makes sense! Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    Course: Tourism Management
    Universities: Greenwich (first choice), Westminster, Middlesex, UEL, & LSBU
    Grades: I am from Norway, so our system is a little different, a numbered system from 1-6, but:
    Achieved
    English Written: 6
    English Oral: 6
    Social Studies: 4 ( Debating whether or not I want to resit this)Maths 1: 5Science 4 ( Resitting in the spring )
    Predicted
    History: 6
    Science: 5
    Maths 2: 5
    Norwegian Written: 4
    Norwegian Oral: 4
    New Norwegian: 3
    (the Norwegian grades are awful, but I think the average I needed for most of those unis was 3.5-4, which I'll achieve even if I get 3s across the board in Norwegian. it's a killer subject.)
    Other: Worked at Walt Disney World for nearly 4 years, so I've got quite a bit of work experience that's relatable to the subject I want to study, so I think I've got a good extra bit of weight to my application there. Also done quite a bit of travelling in general.

No offers yet, waiting to send in my application as soon as my reference has been submitted. I feel like a right tit nagging but I want to get them out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Name: Jen
    Course: Computer Science
    Where: Cambridge, Durham, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Glasgow
    National 5 Grades (Scottish GCSE): 7As
    Higher Grades (Scottish AS): 5As in Chemistry, Computing Science, English, Maths, Modern Studies (bit like politics)
    Predicted Adv Higher Grades (Scottish A2): 4As in all of above except Mod Studies
    Offers? 2 Unconditionals from Glasgow & Edinburgh

Cambridge college is Jesus & Durham college is St Mary's!

Anyone else applied for compsci at any of same unis?!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.