The Official TSR Fantasy Football Premier League 2016/17

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    True, but it still causes a headache to see a player score 9+13 in first two weeks and you can't fit them in.

If I realised it was a early kick off I wouldn't have captained Aguero, but I'll take this so far. He's on fire at the moment form wise it seems.

I do tip Zlatan and Aguero to be inconsistent as the season goes on though, more injuries for Aguero and just general age for Zlatan.
    Early kick off being a terrible captain choice is a myth.*

Aguero isn't inconsistent, though. If he plays he does well. So an injury means you just sell. Ibra is class.

I'm on home captaincy rotation between Aguero and Ibra. Potential for 25-30 goals, because Aguero is so strong at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Imo it's got to be Aguero, Benteke and Ibra. Can't stop former or latter.
    I'm gonna see how games go this week and maybe make the change.

If Diomande does something again, I'll keep him because for £4.5m I don't think you'd have a better deal.
    However I'm not liking Alli and I think Lamela might be a cheaper/better option.

ReputationRep:

Aguero isn't inconsistent, though. If he plays he does well. So an injury means you just sell. Ibra is class.

I'm on home captaincy rotation between Aguero and Ibra. Potential for 25-30 goals, because Aguero is so strong at home.
    Yeah I'm going to do the home captaincy thing after today, just wanted to see how Zlatan was like after a few games before I captained him.

I cal Aguero inconsistent for injury reasons, when he's fit he's fantastic and he's capable of 30+ in the league if he was fit for the whole season which says enough.

Need to downgrade Deulofeu to a 6.1 or below to fit in Benteke for Long (who's been my bad pick). Redmond at 6.1 a good shout? Due to Long's impending drop I would need to take a 4 point hit to fit those together.

ReputationRep:

Ibra will always score in a Mourinho team because he's a complete striker. Header, short range or long range; he can do it.
    The first player since Suarez that could potentially usurp Aguero as captain choice.

Aguero is Aguero and will always score if you give him chances. That's exactly why I put a bet on for him to score a brace today.
    Stupid question but if I bet on him to score a brace, will I only get a payout if he scores EXACTLY 2 goals, or will I still get it if he scores more?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't captain Aguero ffs. Same happened last year when he scored 5. Hopefully he's done for the day now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Ibra will always score in a Mourinho team because he's a complete striker. Header, short range or long range; he can do it.
    The first player since Suarez that could potentially usurp Aguero as captain choice.

Aguero is Aguero and will always score if you give him chances. That's exactly why I put a bet on for him to score a brace today.
    Stupid question but if I bet on him to score a brace, will I only get a payout if he scores EXACTLY 2 goals, or will I still get it if he scores more?
    surely it's two or more? Can't imagine the rules would be exactly two. Just check the bet you made.

ReputationRep:
    surely it's two or more? Can't imagine the rules would be exactly two. Just check the bet you made.
    Yeah you're right, I've been paid out

I only put £5.60 on it (it was OCD to get my balance to a round figure), but I've taken away £30.80 so that's a nice profit.

Also have Aguero to score and City to win so unless they bottle it, I'll get paid out for that too

Started with £20 last weekend, already up to £65

ReputationRep:
    Good consistency from Mike Dean with the penalties there.

2-1 Bojan (P)

Another City clean sheet out the window

ReputationRep:
    Good gw so far , Aguero captain and Ibra , with Nolito in midfield. Lucky that he scored though , probably going to sub him out if he's not starting regularly at that price.

Shame I benched Bojan though

ReputationRep:
    Aguero delivering once again but I'm very tempted to have a look at Ibrahimovic as well - the rest of my team would have to take a pretty big hit though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Good consistency from Mike Dean with the penalties there.

2-1 Bojan (P)

Another City clean sheet out the window
    Rookie move putting in any City defenders this early on in the season. From preseason you could see it was a clear weakspot. I expect them to improve as the season goes on but I can't see many clean sheets in the next 5-10 games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mccrae01)
    Good gw so far , Aguero captain and Ibra , with Nolito in midfield. Lucky that he scored though , probably going to sub him out if he's not starting regularly at that price.

Shame I benched Bojan though
    I hate those casuals putting people non-starters like Nolito in their side only to get rewarded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by looseseal)
    Rookie move putting in any City defenders this early on in the season. From preseason you could see it was a clear weakspot. I expect them to improve as the season goes on but I can't see many clean sheets in the next 5-10 games.
    Not really - Stones is only 5m and that's good for a starting defender in a top team, who also likes to get forward.

A rookie move is not having Aguero and Ibra pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I hate those casuals putting people non-starters like Nolito in their side only to get rewarded
    Lucky casual > unlucky pro though

I have Stones as well( against my better judgement after last season )although I might sub him out if city keep conceding odd goals like they have so far

ReputationRep:
    Still no start for Ashley Williams. Hm..

ReputationRep:
    Well Gray is a bargain at 6.5, sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Not really - Stones is only 5m and that's good for a starting defender in a top team, who also likes to get forward.

A rookie move is not having Aguero and Ibra pal
    He likes to get forward but I don't see him assisting or scoring many goals to be honest. Maybe getting the assist of the assist but not anything that'll bring in any points. And a top team with a poor defence. It wouldn't have made sense getting a Liverpool defender in the 2014 season despite them finishing second.

And yeh I guess it is, but shelling out ~25m on 2 strikers seemed a bit of a gamble - if you're spending more than 11.5m on a player it only feels worth it if you're going to captain them. Though now it's looking like it's going to be pretty expensive points wise to shift my team around to accommodate both.

ReputationRep:
    Capoue scored again LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any chelsea fans tell me why fabregas is not starting? Is that going to change?*

He got an assist today it seems, which is nice.. but why is he not starting? Need to get rid, if he will be on the bench. *

ReputationRep:
    35 nt inc. bonus,*

5 to play.

Not going to get me anywhere, as I expect some huge scores with the two main strikers I dont have both performing..

At least captain kane got a goal this week..

Benched a goal keeper with a clean sheet, is probably the most annoying part of the week. *

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.