Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "You're going to succeed in life"
    Gtfo, please.

ReputationRep:
    'I know you're going on study leave now so I'll take in these essays, mark them, and then post them home to you before the exam' - my English Lit teacher who marked maybe 1 essay over the 2 year course and still has my essay notebook.

ReputationRep:
    I remember when my primary school said to me the school once had a boy who swung on his chair and cracked his head. Everyone in my year didn't dare to swing on their chair until we found out when we left that it was all lies. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    "You're gonna fail I.T. if you keep messing around in class."

Grade: A*

ReputationRep:
    "You're my favourite class."
    They ended up saying that to at least 3 other classes.

ReputationRep:
    someone fell off that share and died

ReputationRep:
    That I'd get free stuff for going to extra revision classes.

ReputationRep:
    That there will be food on weekend revision sessions

ReputationRep:
    That Santa is real. RIP

ReputationRep:
    I am in my third school and every year we're told the same lie- "No really, you are the best year"

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ''That some one cracked their head open like an egg, rocking their chair''

ReputationRep:
    "I want to stress that you cannot write the essay the night before it's due"

ReputationRep:
    That the class hamsters (about 6 in total) ran away to a hamster farm. 3 months later, we see a pile (literally) of dead hamsters on top of each other underneath the stairs, considering who the teacher was that looked after them - I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped to their deaths from the stairs on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    "This paper is due in two weeks" -Miss Biology teacher: never asked for it back

ReputationRep:
    in year 3 i always got told off for whistling and my teacher told me that whistling makes your teeth fall out so i never did it again but then when i explained it to my mum she just laughed and walked away as if i were stupid or something xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    This is a golden thread. Join in with the discussion before 26 August 2016 to be in with the chance of winning an iPad air 2!

I remember being in reception, so only about 4 or 5, and our teacher told us that a rocket was going to the moon that day and if we worked really really quietly we'd be able to hear it take-off..

It totally worked. We were silent for the whole day, but never did hear that rocket go off.

What are the fibs your teachers told you at school to get you to be quiet, or stop asking silly questions?

Other golden threads:

1. List the fibs your teacher told you at school

2. What's your ultimate summer tune?

3. Which GCSE subject can you not wait to ditch?

4. Sum up how you’re feeling about results day in a meme or gif

5. How do you plan to celebrate your exam results?

6. Starting uni: what are you most excited about?

7. One essential piece of advice you'd give to someone starting their A-levels

8. What's the one thing will get you through results day?

The competition runs from 3 August to 23:59 on 26 August 2016. The random draw will be made on 30 August 2016.
    ' i went to the concert with a friend of mine' liar you went with your wife.. i saw you
    ' i bought the tickets for the concert' liar you didn't know that they went up until i told u 2 seconds ago

ReputationRep:
    "You won't have to know that until A-Levels"
    *Michael Gove in the corner*: "SIKE"
    "You'll still have the anthology in the exam"
    *Michael Gove in the corner*: "SIKE"
    "You can choose any options for your GCSEs as long as we offer them."
    "When you're in year 10 you will get privileges."
    "You'll be granted study leave ."
    "Exams will not run into lunch."
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

English teacher "You're all going to get A*s" and then she proceeded to not actually teach us and just chat with the more talkative members of the class :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Saw my teacher in town when I was in year 5 (Just finished year 11, now) and shouted 'Hey Sir'. He didn't look up or say Hi back. Went back to school the next day and confronted him about not saying Hi to me but he said it was his twin brother and he had no idea who I was. I said sorry and up until I left that school in year 6 I kept asking him how his twin brother was. It was only until I was in year 8 that we had a new librairian at school. I made converstation with her and told her the primary school I attended. she told me that my year 5 teacher was her brother. I told her of the 'run in' at town and asked how her two brothers were and she told me that she did not have a two brothers just one and that my year 5 teacher did not have a twin. I felt so annoyed and embarrassed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.