A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Results[/b]
    • Sociology: predicted B /achieved A
    • Business: Predicted C / Achieved B
    • Chemistry: Predicted B/ Achieved U (lol)
    • Dutch: Predicted A / Achieved C
    • Russian: Predicted B/ Achieved A
    Comments and reactionsAm overall pleased with results, I was expecting the grade I got for chemistry big time as I really struggled with this subject even though I really enjoyed it. Am very surprised about Dutch too as I thought I did much better than that, so am sending it for a remark since I'm only 2 marks of a B Future ambitions Quite like to study at either Sheffield or Durham, international Business is where it at!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nonamebzja)
    Hi guys just want to ask if u get lets say in As level
    A maths
    A further maths
    A chem
    C or D in phy
    Is that bad if ur applying for a good uni
    Hi mate

The only problem with this set of results is that you'd have to drop Physics, in which case the AS grade would be 'cashed in'. So you'd have a D in AS physics, but that might be better than trying to improve your A level physics result next year and not doing well again.

AAA in maths, fm and chem is really really good. You could apply to pretty much anywhere, maybe not Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manisha98)
    i got AABB in my AS results and i got the Bs for maths and chemistry - 221/300 and 224/300 do you think its is possible for me to improve them to an A next year without doing any resits? i really need some advice can someone please help me and im planning to study medicine.

I tried to reply to this before and I'm not sure if it went through so I'll just write it again😂.
    Congrats on your amazing results!!!
    If you are planning on dropping maths then I suggest not resitting because there's just no point, unless you want the satisfaction of an A at the end of college. However if you are carrying on I would suggest resitting those where you got less than 80 UMS. To get an A you need an overall of 80+ UMS which is hard to achieve in C3 and C4. Unless you trust that your A2 will be 90+ UMS which is very hard to do. Also for chemistry I can't comment because I'm on the linear scheme so my AS doesn't count towards my A-Levels but I assume the same applies, you will understand both subjects a lot better after A2 so will probably naturally do better. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nai18)
    Results
    • Biology: Predicted C / Achieved A (Aqa)
    • Physics: Predicted C / Achieved B (Aqa)
    • Chemistry: Predicted B / Achieved B (aqa)
    • Maths : Predicted A / Achieved A (Aqa)
    Comments and reactions:
    Feeling good with AABB. Particularly biology since im gonna drop it. Chemistry and Physics wont count but I know that it will be difficult next year. Im not sure in maths with 250 UMS score that i may get the A* if i do well in the C3 and C4 plus M1. I dunno if its worth having a remark. I achieved 98 in C1, 76 in C2 and 76 in S1. Im also willing to know how they can estimate your grades from these results.
    The grades are based on the UMS marks, so if you average at over 80 for AS and over 90 for A2 then you will achieve an A*. If you average at 80-90 in both years it is an A etc. So if you wanted an A* you would have to average at 90+ UMS for your C3 and C4 modules and I think the same would apply for mechanics. Which is completely possible as I sat M1 this year (thought it wasn't too bad but I worked my ass off) and managed (somehow) to get 93 UMS. So with what you have it is possible to achieve an A* without resitting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got my AS grades yesterday. In Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry I achieved AACD respectively. In general I am happy with my maths grades however I am stunned by the UMS/raw marks I got for S1 and D1. I respectively got 76 UMS/57 and 72 UMS/57 . Is it worth resitting these two modules next year? I want (have) to achieve A*s in Maths and Further Maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyjoy1998)
    The grades are based on the UMS marks, so if you average at over 80 for AS and over 90 for A2 then you will achieve an A*. If you average at 80-90 in both years it is an A etc. So if you wanted an A* you would have to average at 90+ UMS for your C3 and C4 modules and I think the same would apply for mechanics. Which is completely possible as I sat M1 this year (thought it wasn't too bad but I worked my ass off) and managed (somehow) to get 93 UMS. So with what you have it is possible to achieve an A* without resitting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So if I achieved say 86 in C3 90 in C4 but 94 in M1 is that an A because of the C3 and C4 average?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    I got my AS grades yesterday. In Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry I achieved AACD respectively. In general I am happy with my maths grades however I am stunned by the UMS/raw marks I got for S1 and D1. I respectively got 76 UMS/57 and 72 UMS/57 . Is it worth resitting these two modules next year? I want (have) to achieve A*s in Maths and Further Maths!
    Read my reply in the quote below!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science: Predicted: B/C / Achieved: D
    Applied Business Studies: Predicted: B / Achieved: C
    Use of Maths: Predicted: C / Achieved: D

Future Ambitions:
    IT Technician apprenticeship

Comments:
    Very disappointed in my grades, i worked so hard but the teachers and courses themselves were really bad and i feel they failed me

ReputationRep:
    Read my reply in the quote below!
    Thanks. I don't think you know how the A* works for Further Maths do you?

ReputationRep:
    I assume it works the same for most subjects but I'm not 100% certain sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Results:
    Maths: predicted A/ achieved A
    Further Maths: predicted A/ Achieved A
    Biology: predicted A/ Achieved B
    Chemistry: predicted A/ Achieved A

Comments:
    Disappointed with the B in Biology and I probably won't be applying to Cambridge anymore. The rest were great though!

Future Ambitions:
    Hopefully Medicine!!!

ReputationRep:
    You have to get 90% over your best 3 A2 modules.
    If you post the modules you are doing I can give some examples if you like.

ReputationRep:
    History - B
    English - B
    Biology - U
    Chemistry - E

I'm very disappointed with my results in biology and chemistry even though I really knew it was coming tbh. I suppose I have to do chemistry next year but I really didn't want to. I need to get ABB at least next year. Will it be possible considering I got an E at AS chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nai18)
    So if I achieved say 86 in C3 90 in C4 but 94 in M1 is that an A because of the C3 and C4 average?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We'll if your cores average at 90+ you'll be fine and then you can fluctuate for M1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mughushed)
    (reserving for results day)

Results
    English Lit: Predicted A / Achieved B
    Sociology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Biology: Predicted B / Achieved A
    History: Predicted A / Achieved C

Comments and reactions
    I'm....really really really disappointed. B in my best subject, the one i want to do at uni, and a C in the subject I wanted to keep! Sociology is great, not surprised because i thought the exams went amazingly. But I got an A in Biology which is SUCH a shock - i only dropped 5 marks across both breadth and depth!!! HOW??? Anyway, now i don't know whether to drop Bio (what i was gonna drop originally) or history, ahhh

Future ambitions
    English Literature and Creative Writing at Warwick Uni is my number 1 goal!
    Is sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prostheticzeta)
    Results[/b]
    • Sociology: predicted B /achieved A
    • Business: Predicted C / Achieved B
    • Chemistry: Predicted B/ Achieved U (lol)
    • Dutch: Predicted A / Achieved C
    • Russian: Predicted B/ Achieved A
    Comments and reactionsAm overall pleased with results, I was expecting the grade I got for chemistry big time as I really struggled with this subject even though I really enjoyed it. Am very surprised about Dutch too as I thought I did much better than that, so am sending it for a remark since I'm only 2 marks of a B Future ambitions Quite like to study at either Sheffield or Durham, international Business is where it at!
    Is your sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gh0527)
    I don't know if this is the right place to post but I really need some advice!
    I got my AS results
    Psychology (A)
    Sociology (A)
    Philosophy (A)
    Chinese (A)
    Biology (C)

I want to do Psychology in university and I am aiming for UCL + russell group unis, I studied the hardest for Biology yet I did the worst in it. I am torn on whether or not to drop Biology or Philosophy. I know the course is competitive so I don't want to weaken my application, but I'm risking a solid AAA maybe even A*AA compared to an AAB if I continued on with Biology. What should I do? I emailed the admissions tutor and I'm waiting for a reply. I'm also doing the EPQ, i know it won't be a part of the offer but would that compensate me not taking Biology? Please help!!!
    Is your sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neevyneevy)
    Results
    • Biology: A
    • Psychology: A
    • Sociology: A
    • Chemistry: B
    Comments and reactions
    extremely happy!

Future ambitions
    Study Biochemistry
    Was the sociology AQA? If it is, how many points did you get as I got a B and I am trying to work out how many points away from an A I was

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Maths: Predicted ? / Achieved A (300/300 UMS)
    • Further Maths: Predicted ? / Achieved A (271/300 UMS)

I didnt do any more AS, but my internal exams were good (AAB with Predictions A*AA). My maths predicteds were predicated on my AS results, so I presume A*A*, but no guarantee.

Comments and reactions
    Very happy, did as well I hoped. Cambridge pipe-dream is still go, even with my below average GCSEs

Future ambitions
    Engineering at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Business Studies: Predicted C / Achieved E
    • Physics: Predicted C / Achieved U
    Comments and reactionsso annoyed, disappointed and upsetFuture ambitionswas planning on going to year 13 then uni to study business. now I'm not sure what to do. i can stay in year 13 and cary on with my ICT and maths linear subjects then carry on business and try super hard then drop physics and pick up an AS out of little selection (probably product design). which means after year 13 i'll only have 2 A levels and 2 AS levels which will be hard to make it into uni.

my parents are trying to persuade me to just ditch year 13 as they think its not worth it and that id be better off going to college or doing an apprenticeship.

i really really wanna go to 6th form.

what should i do?!?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.