Declaring Grades on UCAS FAQ

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coerce)
    I basically resat AS cause I know I did shockingly in my first year.. couldn't bring myself to go the the results day that year.. so I don't know what I got? I'm fairly confident it was all Us.. can I just put all Us then?

Secondly, just finished the first year of linear exams, since they don't count to anything do I need to declare them?
    You need to find out what those as grades were and declare them. If you didnt take AS levels at all then know you dont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You need to find out what those as grades were and declare them. If you didnt take AS levels at all then know you dont.
    I retook AS level exams and there seems to be some confusion cause of the new spec if you're required to declare them

ReputationRep:
    I retook AS level exams and there seems to be some confusion cause of the new spec if you're required to declare them
    If you have AS levels which you will have a certificate for, then declare them.

ReputationRep:
    Would you be able to contact wherever you took your AS levels to ask for the results that you got? It's best to ask as I think UCAS are quite strict about all of the qualifications on your application being correct so I wouldn't risk it just in case.

ReputationRep:
    If you have AS levels which you will have a certificate for, then declare them.
    Just got a sheet with them on, no certificate

ReputationRep:
    which as levels are they ?

ReputationRep:
    which as levels are they ?
    Linear spec AS.. Bio/Chem/Psychology

ReputationRep:
    So the exams you sat were official AS exams?

ReputationRep:
    So the exams you sat were official AS exams?
    Yep.. but my own person UCAS tutor said we don't have to declare them as it was optional for schools to do them

ReputationRep:
    Yep.. but my own person UCAS tutor said we don't have to declare them as it was optional for schools to do them
    Nope. If you got an overall grade for a subject you MUST declare it.

It doesn't matter if you don't have a certificate as such. What matters is if there was an overall grade on your statement of results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Nope. If you got an overall grade for a subject you MUST declare it.

It doesn't matter if you don't have a certificate as such. What matters is if there was an overall grade on your statement of results.
    Read earlier on a topic (students who were applying to medicine) that UCAS itself doesn't have an option for 2016 AS entry.. I should logon and try it for myself, Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you have to declare them as AS on the linear spec doesn't count towards the actual A Level. On the application, there isn't an option for gaining a qualification in 2016. But there is a lot of confusion as to whether these grades need to be declared

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemix012)
    I don't think you have to declare them as AS on the linear spec doesn't count towards the actual A Level. On the application, there isn't an option for gaining a qualification in 2016. But there is a lot of confusion as to whether these grades need to be declared

Posted from TSR Mobile
    heard it from multiple students/teachers.. was hoping someone may have a conclusive answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ST1024)
    As I was completing the education section of my UCAS application, I realised I did not know how to give certain information.

First of all, I am a prospective international student from Argentina who has participated in several national and international olympiads in various subjects. Where should I put those qualifications? Should they be in "Other (International Non-EU Qualifications)"? Which information should I provide? For example, if I have been the first place nationally in a certain olympiad for two years, should I put both years or only the last one? How will they know the relative importance of each competition and how did they work?

I also had doubts with the exam board for GCSE/A level exams. My school told me it was CIE, but CIE is not on the options. Which one should I put?

With regards to English language, I am sitting for CAE in December. Should I still put my First Certificate results?

I am also taking the AS and A2 part of the A levels together in June next year. Should I put them separatedly?

Finally, I need to mark this section as complete before they email my referee. If I find later on that there is some missing information, can I still add it as long as I have not sent my application?

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me with these queries. Thank you very much in advance.
    Competitions aren't qualifications. Those should be mentioned in your reference

CIE should be an option as an exam board. Add your GCSEs as International GCSEs and CIE is an option. CIE is an option for A levels

I basically resat AS cause I know I did shockingly in my first year.. couldn't bring myself to go the the results day that year.. so I don't know what I got? I'm fairly confident it was all Us.. can I just put all Us then?

Secondly, just finished the first year of linear exams, since they don't count to anything do I need to declare them?
    (Original post by BethanyBrooks)
    Does anyone know what you do about the new linear AS levels on your UCAS application? For example, I took Biology as an AS in the summer just gone and got an A. But it's a linear course and doesn't count towards the actual A2. Does anyone know what you put on the UCAS application? (looking at people that have already applied for uni ie, Oxbridge and medicine) TIA
    I don't think we have to say what we got for AS, most schools took the AS exams for the new spec but not every school did. Plus, there isn't a 2016 option for when we achieved the AS, on the UCAS website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you sat official AS exams and got overall grades then your results HAVE been certified and MUST be declared.

The changes to how grades are calculated have not changed the QUALIFICATION awarded which is why UCAS haven't differentiated between pre and post 2016 AS levels. A linear AS and a modular AS are both STILL AS levels.

I don't know why this is so confusing to so many applicants - an AS is and always was a qualification in it's own right. If you have SAT an AS level and got a grade for it then you've been AWARDED that qualification. You MUST declare ALL qualifications on UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    heard it from multiple students/teachers.. was hoping someone may have a conclusive answer
    You've been given the conclusive answer; if you received a grade in a subject, you declare it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya have a read of this as it may be more help
    https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/e...as-application
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya have a read of this as it may be more help
    https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs/e...as-application
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much. I found that link very useful. I did not know that I was supposed to put the month in which my results were certified. However, in my GCSE certificate it says "November 2015 examination series" but it does not say when it was certified. How can I get to know that?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. I found that link very useful. I did not know that I was supposed to put the month in which my results were certified. However, in my GCSE certificate it says "November 2015 examination series" but it does not say when it was certified. How can I get to know that?
    No problem! When did you sit your GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem! When did you sit your GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sat them in November 2015.

ReputationRep:
    I sat them in November 2015.
    Put the date you got your results perhaps? I sat my GCSE's in May/June 2015 and got my results in august 2015, not sure if you had a day where you got your results from your school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.