(Original post by maxtrix111)
30-35 grade boundaries for A
I wish
shenzys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My teacher emailed the examiner and told him 'why did you make this years paper so easy?' He emailed back saying that it was because the syllabus is changing from next year and they wanted to end the exams on a positive note!
How could my teachers do this! How could they think it was easy! want to murder them! Now they might put the grade boundaries higher! I hate my teachers!
adrenaline1989
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You're teacher is a ****. And if i had the chance to say that face to face, I would.
shenzys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
tell me about it! Plus, they can't even teach! Argh I'm so frustrated with them! I'm going to give them bad reports, just watch me!
kitty123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh no! Actually I doubt the opinions of one teacher will make that much difference on the grade boundaries. But saying that my teachers thought the paper was ok too! If they want it to finish on a positive note then they won't put the boundaries too high because everyone will go down a grade. Spoke to my teacher today and I think I got even more wrong than I thought. There will be more than one way of answering a question though right?
two4one
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shenzys)
My teacher emailed the examiner and told him 'why did you make this years paper so easy?' He emailed back saying that it was because the syllabus is changing from next year and they wanted to end the exams on a positive note!
How could my teachers do this! How could they think it was easy! want to murder them! Now they might put the grade boundaries higher! I hate my teachers!

Well if they are changing the syllabus next year, then wont that mean that this june paper will be "easy" too
Ahmato
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not quite.

The idea of an 'easy' paper is that everyone (in theory) gets good grades, so when the syllabus is changed the school sticks with that exam board, as it yields good results.
Jackathon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So annoyed, I only got a C! On past papers I got As and Bs.
blahhh
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jackathon)
So annoyed, I only got a C! On past papers I got As and Bs.
Dont worry...i got a D
AND i also got rejected from my last uni today......lovely jubly!
Jackathon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blahhh)
Dont worry...i got a D
AND i also got rejected from my last uni today......lovely jubly!
Oh Sorry to hear that. Have you decided what you are going to do?
blahhh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh Sorry to hear that. Have you decided what you are going to do?
yehh ill just have to have a gap year...im sure itll work out in the end!
Jackathon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yehh ill just have to have a gap year...im sure itll work out in the end!
I hope so. Are you going to retake Central? I can't decide.
blahhh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I hope so. Are you going to retake Central? I can't decide.
yepp i am...i think it was that reduced NAD question that finished me off, all went downhill after that!
just think though, at the end of the day youre going to be revisiting it for the synoptic...if you dont do any better you wont lose anything! might as well give it a go
Jackathon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yepp i am...i think it was that reduced NAD question that finished me off, all went downhill after that!
just think though, at the end of the day youre going to be revisiting it for the synoptic...if you dont do any better you wont lose anything! might as well give it a go
Yeah I guess, reaaaaaaally not looking forward to this synoptic! What optional module do you do? We do genetics.
blahhh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I guess, reaaaaaaally not looking forward to this synoptic! What optional module do you do? We do genetics.
ummmm growth, development and reproduction...i find it pretty straight forward to be honest!
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Got an A :eek: On my mocks I got Cs so I am really delighted. I felt that particular paper we all sat wasn't at all conventional, I mean no kidney, nervous system, etc. and so I could do OK!
Ahmato
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Got an A as well, really wasn't expecting it
Jackathon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well done you lot who got As! I know the paper was so annoying, I could do nerves and kidneys... Neither came up. I've forgotten it all now aswell, and have to retake to get it up from a C.
Mooface
Report 11 years ago
I got a C too meh!
Retaking in the summer... just hope it helps with the synoptic paper!
well done people who goes A's!
souhee
Report 11 years ago
I got 78/90 so I'm well chuffed. Didn't do too well in Mammalian Physiology or Unifying Concepts (getting B's in both), but thankfully I got a high enough A for AS Biology for an A overall.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads