Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    Talk about X, then mention that there are many journal entries that disagree with X. Then you could possibly discuss the validity of the accusations posted in the journals?
    This is what I am going to do, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    I think it's a great idea to do that in your case!!! :bigsmile:

I know how you feel! I had those stages where I'd sit at the computer all day and literally get nothing done :sigh: I think don't force it on yourself too much, if that makes sense lol. Or you'll just end up getting frustrated/having writers block and wishing your EPQ would just die. :p: Is your deadline far away? Gooood luck!

ReputationRep:
    I've almost done my essay :woo: Well, the first draft, anyway.
    Just finishing the conclusion. All I've done in the essay is stated why I chose my topic, how I'm going to research it, and then I've presented all my research; there is a short conclusion at the end of each section, and a general conclusion at the end bringing everything together.
    I presume that's all that's needed in the essay, and presumably I won't need to change that much of it?

ReputationRep:
    I've been mega productive.
    I did my bibliography, some random process and abstract stuff and half of my literature review.
    Just the presentation to do after that

ReputationRep:
    mines on Geo engineering. Done 6,000 words. Almost there. Now all focus on revision. Just hope its not a load of rubbish

ReputationRep:
    2,250 words :party:

ReputationRep:
    right tomorrow I am going to complete my first draft.... and 2 other pieces of work!

ReputationRep:
    well done all you motivated people!

my supervisor approved my plan :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I have just chosen EPQ on my options sheet but havn't started it yet. I don't know if this is the same but in my school we haveto do interviews to get in. I was just wondering what i needed to bring, so far i have got...
    -Ideas of what i'am going to do
    -Where i will get my information
    -and my title
    But i don't know if i need to come to the interview with like a plan which says that i'm going to be doing about this in January and then this in February etc.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What's EPQ?

ReputationRep:
    EPQ = Extended Project Qualification (I think)

Not sure what you do entirely, but in short, you pick a subject, pick a topic inside that subject, then either write a 5000 word piece on it, or produce something (ie art, invention, film) with an 1000 word piece on it.

For example, I'm planning to mine with psychology, so I'll have to plan and carry out an experiment, then write about it.

Hope it helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leto)
    What's EPQ?
    It's a 5000 word essay and presentation that is worth the same as an AS level (UCAS points wise). You can use it to form part of the AQA baccalaureate.

To the OP, I wouldn't have thought that they would want a month by month plan. In my sixth form we just had to come to the first meeting with:

-Ideas of what i'am going to do
    -Where i will get my information
    -and my title

exactly what you have got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)
    It's a 5000 word essay and presentation that is worth the same as an AS level (UCAS points wise). You can use it to form part of the AQA baccalaureate.
    Ah right, thank you

That seems a bit tough at GCSE level though... I always thought the AQA bac was an A level equivalent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leto)
    Ah right, thank you

That seems a bit tough at GCSE level though... I always thought the AQA bac was an A level equivalent.
    The AQA bacc is made up of:

3 A-levels
    1 AS level in general studies/critical thinking/citizenship
    enrichment
    the EPQ

The EPQ is equivalent to an AS level qualification, except you can actually get an A* in it, which is worth 70 UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doivid)
    The AQA bacc is made up of:

3 A-levels
    1 AS level in general studies/critical thinking/citizenship
    enrichment
    the EPQ

The EPQ is equivalent to an AS level qualification, except you can actually get an A* in it, which is worth 70 UCAS points.
    Thanks again!

I'm thinking now that this is probably in the wrong forum then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leto)
    Thanks again!

I'm thinking now that this is probably in the wrong forum then...
    I didn't even notice it was in the GCSE forum :teehee:

Maybe some schools offer it as an option at GCSE? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm really stuck on what to do atm with my project, and no one at my school seems to understand it (including my suspervisor).

I'm doing a report based project on The effectiveness of cancer treatments today. My essay is around 5000 words long, but its purely content based on my question. My supervisor seems to think I should be addressing the project as a whole within this essay, including my sources, evaluating my own work etc. But the coordinator and other people's supervisors say completely different things. It seems everyone is producing something differnet to me, and I don't want to come out with a completely irrelevant piece of work because I followed what my supervisor said and it was wrong.

Could someone who knows what's going on please tell me exactly what we should finish the project with at the end? Including what should be in the log book, the piece of work etc.

Sorry if this seems like I'm asking a lot, it's just I've heard so many different things and I just would like to know what other schools are saying. My project is due next week =S

Thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzyyazzy6)
    Hi I'm really stuck on what to do atm with my project, and no one at my school seems to understand it (including my suspervisor).

I'm doing a report based project on The effectiveness of cancer treatments today. My essay is around 5000 words long, but its purely content based on my question. My supervisor seems to think I should be addressing the project as a whole within this essay, including my sources, evaluating my own work etc. But the coordinator and other people's supervisors say completely different things. It seems everyone is producing something differnet to me, and I don't want to come out with a completely irrelevant piece of work because I followed what my supervisor said and it was wrong.

Could someone who knows what's going on please tell me exactly what we should finish the project with at the end? Including what should be in the log book, the piece of work etc.

Sorry if this seems like I'm asking a lot, it's just I've heard so many different things and I just would like to know what other schools are saying. My project is due next week =S

Thank you!!!
    Looking at the samples given on the AQA website, all the A* essays are solely focued on the question. Evaluation of your own work should be in the reflection part of the log, as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    No idea where this goes! ha.

anyway, i've fallen really behind with my epq project, and when i say behind i mean I haven't even started it yet! and on top of that i have plenty more coursework from other subjects to be doing too. just wondering if its acceptable to use psychology coursework i did last year for epq? I'd probably change it a bit and i think i have to make a presentation to go along with it, but would this be alright?

i'd ask my teacher but I don't actually know who that is.. bummer. I'm not too bothered about the final grade i get as i only took it to get my hours up.

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone mind having a quick look at my survey before I start collecting responses? My EPQ title is "Could Nuclear Power be a Viable Successor to Fossil Fuels, in Electricity Generation, in the UK?" and my survey is to collect people's views on nuclear power, and find out some mythconceptions, ie do most people think Chernobyl caused more cancer cases than it really did.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q99KSWF

Feedback appreciated, cheers!!

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.