Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Well surely your uni has a responsibility to ensure you get the hours? You can't pay £9000 and not complete the hours.

Placements are probably easier, I just meant from an experience point of view, I'd feel more confident if I had to do 100 hours.

I'm having doubts too. Nothing wrong with that. I had a friend who did a post 16 pgce last year and she's now doing support work at a sixth form and the pgce really helped her get the job, so I think it can help with other things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't feel confident having done teaching hours; I don't actually feel like I belong anywhere. I regret doing it in the first place as I can't even get work done as I don't have enough teaching experience to reflect on. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to finish the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobble1987)
    Such as..?
    The things that your partner might not want you to do. Or the things that you can't do if you have a partner.

You are safe (in many ways) but there is not much you can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    The things that your partner might not want you to do. Or the things that you can't do if you have a partner.

You are safe (in many ways) but there is not much you can do.
    Errrrm.... It's not 1950, I do whatever I want regardless of if my husband wants to do the same? It's possble to do different things at the same time? When you say there is not much I can do what on earth are you referring to?! Bizarre!!

ReputationRep:
    Errrrm.... It's not 1950, 1.I do whatever I want regardless of if my husband wants to do the same? 2.It's possble to do different things at the same time? When you say there is not much I can do what on earth are you referring to?! Bizarre!!
    1. So you can do X for all X, regardless of if your hubby wants to do the same? Cool. Then let X be "living in the South American rainforests for the next 3 years" or less X be "investing all salary on things for you (clothes, education, food, trips, etc)" or "having a completely different clothes fashion style every week". Do you really think you can any of the previous actions while still staying with your current hubby?

2. Depends how "different" they are. Surely, you can eat a different type of juice every day but can you really say that you can make drastic changes to your behaviour, preferences or/and address and your husband not minding that?

3. I think "there is not much" is a bit of an exaggeration. I just wanted to say that imo being a marriage involves to an extent compromising your freedom for the freedom of your partner. You can't just do what you want without regards of the feelings of your partner. It's a bit like sharing a room with another person, you can't do the things you can do when you are on your own.

ReputationRep:
    1. So you can do X for all X, regardless of if your hubby wants to do the same? Cool. Then let X be "living in the South American rainforests for the next 3 years" or less X be "investing all salary on things for you (clothes, education, food, trips, etc)" or "having a completely different clothes fashion style every week". Do you really think you can any of the previous actions while still staying with your current hubby?

2. Depends how "different" they are. Surely, you can eat a different type of juice every day but can you really say that you can make drastic changes to your behaviour, preferences or/and address and your husband not minding that?

3. I think "there is not much" is a bit of an exaggeration. I just wanted to say that imo being a marriage involves to an extent compromising your freedom for the freedom of your partner. You can't just do what you want without regards of the feelings of your partner. It's a bit like sharing a room with another person, you can't do the things you can do when you are on your own.
    i honestly dont think he gives a damn what I choose to wear, nor vice versa. I do what I want, he does what he wants, and WE as a couple do what WE want. No big deal.

ReputationRep:
    i honestly dont think he gives a damn what I choose to wear, nor vice versa. I do what I want, he does what he wants, and WE as a couple do what WE want. No big deal.
    You didn't get what I said. As a couple, there are certain things that affect you two. So if you decide to have a baby, that is going to affect you both. If you decide to throw a party at your place every night, that is going to affect you both. And if you decide to dress like a homeless that is going to affect you both. And if you spend 3 years in the SA rainforests that is going to affect you both. That's what I meant. It's like saying that playing loud music at night won't affect your sleeping partner. When you live with other people (be it a room-mate, a flatmate, a neighbour, etc) the actions that you take affect them. The closer you are to others, the more sensitive this causal relationship is. That's what I meant.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't get what I said. As a couple, there are certain things that affect you two. So if you decide to have a baby, that is going to affect you both. If you decide to throw a party at your place every night, that is going to affect you both. And if you decide to dress like a homeless that is going to affect you both. And if you spend 3 years in the SA rainforests that is going to affect you both. That's what I meant. It's like saying that playing loud music at night won't affect your sleeping partner. When you live with other people (be it a room-mate, a flatmate, a neighbour, etc) the actions that you take affect them. The closer you are to others, the more sensitive this causal relationship is. That's what I meant.
    May I ask what this has to do with PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    May I ask what this has to do with PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry for diverting the topic away. -_-

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for diverting the topic away. -_-
    I was just wondering if there was actually a point that links this back to the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if there was actually a point that links this back to the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just seems to me that you are interrogating someone about their relationship for some reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most people don't choose to get married until they're ready to settle down; so a married person probably won't be the sort of person who wants to party every night or go and live in the rainforest for several years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    Most people don't choose to get married until they're ready to settle down; so a married person probably won't be the sort of person who wants to party every night or go and live in the rainforest for several years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly. It's not that you can't do something, it's that you choose to do something different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't make me derail this thread further. -_-
    That's a good point. A married person might not want that freedom. Point still stands that they have less freedom than a non-married person.

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone suggest to me books on classroom management? After yesterday I feel a bit under confident.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone suggest to me books on classroom management? After yesterday I feel a bit under confident.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always found it more useful to talk to colleagues

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've always found it more useful to talk to colleagues

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. Tbh I guess I feel a bit embarrassed to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Tbh I guess I feel a bit embarrassed to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What issues are you having specifically?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What issues are you having specifically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well yesterday in one of the classes two of the lads kept laughing every time I spoke; I felt really uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Well surely your uni has a responsibility to ensure you get the hours? You can't pay £9000 and not complete the hours.

Placements are probably easier, I just meant from an experience point of view, I'd feel more confident if I had to do 100 hours.

I'm having doubts too. Nothing wrong with that. I had a friend who did a post 16 pgce last year and she's now doing support work at a sixth form and the pgce really helped her get the job, so I think it can help with other things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I often have doubts too, just really hoping (and partly assuming) its normal!

ReputationRep:
    Well yesterday in one of the classes two of the lads kept laughing every time I spoke; I felt really uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have had classes where I though that they didn't respect me too. But mostly it seemed from my own insecurities. Follow the same discipline procedures you would if they were talking over you and they'll soon get the message. Make sure you are firm and consistent

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.