The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How the MVP is given in the NFL...

nfl-mvp-flowchart (1).png
Original post by johnharris19944
How the MVP is given in the NFL...

nfl-mvp-flowchart (1).png

:lol: Quality. +1
I fear there is actually some truth in that decision tree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tokyoround
I fear there is actually some truth in that decision tree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You and everyone else know it :wink:
Reply 4784
If AP doesn't get the MVP............
Reply 4785
Original post by dgeorge
I think that the Redskins and Cowboys definitely have "should win" games. However, the Cowboys have a great record at screwing things up at the last possible minute, so I wouldn't be so sure about their win.

I wouldn't be so sure about a Giants win either, the Ravens are a quality team who simply haven't been playing up to their potential. Lets see if Joey "I'm an elite QB" Flacco can pull off a surprise victory.

After last week's performance, would it be much of a surprise though? Saying that, everything is set for the Giants to write another chapter in their annonying 'against all odds' story.
Original post by 419
If AP doesn't get the MVP............

Going by the decision tree he wont :tongue:
Reply 4787
Original post by johnharris19944
Going by the decision tree he wont :tongue:

They can just give their lovechild the comeback player of the year (which he actually is) to placate him

But you're right who are we kidding :getmecoat:
Original post by 419
After last week's performance, would it be much of a surprise though? Saying that, everything is set for the Giants to write another chapter in their annonying 'against all odds' story.

Man shall not live by last weeks performance alone
Thats whats always pissed me off about manning that the whole media ride him like theres no tomorrow.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Manning isn't even Broncos MVP, Von Miller is. I'm just hoping that either Miller or J.J. Watt get a look in for the MVP award. I don't like the way it nearly always goes to the offensive leaders. In fact, only three winners haven't a QB or RB. One of which was a kicker! I appreciate great defence much more than I appreciate great offense, so maybe I'm being a little biased towards my own tastes but I do think the defensive guys deserve much more of a look in than they actually get.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Manning isn't even Broncos MVP, Von Miller is. I'm just hoping that either Miller or J.J. Watt get a look in for the MVP award. I don't like the way it nearly always goes to the offensive leaders. In fact, only three winners haven't a QB or RB. One of which was a kicker! I appreciate great defence much more than I appreciate great offense, so maybe I'm being a little biased towards my own tastes but I do think the defensive guys deserve much more of a look in than they actually get.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26I

Its like the heisman awaed in college football,too many times has a defensive player had an amazing season only to.get shafted for being a defensive player. There needs to be a omvp and a dmvp. Right now the mvp is a qb award...

Oh and calvin Johnson today? What an absolute freak of nature!
I appreciate defensive players because this game has evolved and it is much harder to play . The game is catered towards the offense...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Reply 4793
Sup Jax?...
After years of speculation it finally looks like Jags are going to get Tebow. I imagine it's more of a marketing acquisition, as they hope the popular hometown boy will help draw in the crowds. I'd much prefer to get Sanchez but that would, no doubt, cost more money.
Yup. Giants and Cowboys lose.

Redskins through to the playoffs
Reply 4796
Why haven't the redskins won the nfc east? They hold the tie breakers over the cowboys and giants (better division record and games between them are split) and they also can't have a worse record than both.
Reply 4797
Original post by 419
Why haven't the redskins won the nfc east? They hold the tie breakers over the cowboys and giants (better division record and games between them are split) and they also can't have a worse record than both.

if the cowboys win next week they split head to head, have an identical divisional record and a better record against common opponents (both split the NFC south games but Dallas went 3-1 against AFC North, Redskins went 2-2), so Dallas will win the division if they beat Washington next week
I really hope the Redskins win next week. RGIII vs the Seahawks D in the first round of the playoffs? Yes please!
Reply 4799
RW3 vs RG3. Oh babby that would be good.

Latest