Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    So he lives up to his name :cool:

That really is something - so jealous :eek: Would love to read his autobiography - will get on it after I am done with the Fry Chronicles.
    He was a dude. Jon Ronson (the Men Who Stare At Goats guy) was really lovely as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    Does no one find Suzi very very annoying and wished she was fired weeks ago?

Also I passed booyaaaa!
    Well done! :congrats:

Well done to everyone else who passed their exams recently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Me too!
    NO the end trailer bit made me really excited! Love it - esp Margaret - she's still doing her PhD here at UCL
    Wow awesome, have you ever seen Margaret around? I can't remember what her PhD is on, I just remember thinking it sounded pretty cool.

(Original post by Medicine Man)
    Who are you two rooting for to win then?

I suspect it'll probably be Helen since she's been favourite for like ever, but I honestly wouldn't mind Tom winning either - he's probably my favourite of the lot. Susan went to the same school as one of my friends here and she's pretty good too considering how young she is and what she's done with herself so far.

Right, so what we have established here is that anybody but Jim should win this to keep me happy. Can't stand that dude! He should have left ages ago!
    I'm for Tom to win, he's not perfect, but he has great ideas for products which I think is Lord Sugar's sort of thing. I like Suzi a lot too. Helen is good, and she will probably win, but she's not very exciting. I think she would be a very competent and self-sufficient business partner but she's unlikely to come up with anything really innovative. Jim is just hilarious, can't wait to watch him squirm in the interviews!

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the advert for the Apprentice final, so ridiculously excited! I should really get a life. I had thought they weren't doing interviews this year, so now I've seen that they are AND that Margaret is back for them, everything is good![/QUOTE]

The apprentice is awesome!
    Tom to win!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    I'm for Tom to win, he's not perfect, but he has great ideas for products which I think is Lord Sugar's sort of thing. I like Suzi a lot too. Helen is good, and she will probably win, but she's not very exciting. I think she would be a very competent and self-sufficient business partner but she's unlikely to come up with anything really innovative. Jim is just hilarious, can't wait to watch him squirm in the interviews!
    You say Jim will squirm, but people like him who are good with the way they talk are often excellent at interviews... not sure it will be that bad for him tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    You say Jim will squirm, but people like him who are good with the way they talk are often excellent at interviews... not sure it will be that bad for him tbh
    That's true, he is an excellent talker, and perhaps he will prove me wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if his business plan was full of holes that they will rip to pieces despite his best attempts to defend himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_bellamy)
    That's true, he is an excellent talker, and perhaps he will prove me wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if his business plan was full of holes that they will rip to pieces despite his best attempts to defend himself.
    Yes, I agree that if his business plan is iffy even his excellent talking skills won't be good enough. I think if it was like previous series' he would have been probably the best at the interview round due to that skill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    It is fear that makes us work.
    Every. Single. Time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Yes, I agree that if his business plan is iffy even his excellent talking skills won't be good enough. I think if it was like previous series' he would have been probably the best at the interview round due to that skill
    Not at all! He is always way too defensive and on the backfoot, he will end up going round in circles and piss off the interviewers.

I can just imagine, if by some miracle, Jim wins this series and ends up flopping as Sir Alan's partner, him saying something like "well it was you who asked me to join you, I didn't even really want it."

I like his toughness and the way he can manipulate people though.

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you guys ever met a real psychopath?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    I've encountered a fair few on my way home from the library in Tooting at 4am.

ReputationRep:
    My GP was telling me about her encounter with one, and how that person seemed like a perfectly normal person to talk to but when he talked about the crimes he had done - he was so chillingly cold and calm about it - as if he was talking about something like as ordinary as the weather.

But I haven't personally.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The worst business ideas I have ever heard in my life.

I've heard better ideas about a business in sweets sales from my 4 year old cousin.

ReputationRep:
    Just come back from seeing James Taylor in the CIA.. what a gig! Can't believe after all these years he's still got it.

ReputationRep:
    Hola! Spanish has been polished and put back on the shelf for another year. Arrived back to pouring rain, as per. Fan-bloody-tastic week though.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from work, four days after I left. 14 and a half hour shifts at the Telegraph's literary festival is a lot of effort for a summer job but I had a brilliant time.

I got to meet Howard Marks :awesome:, then I liberated his wine after he was done getting high in our tent. :ahee:
    You just lost the right to complain about your job!! v jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    You just lost the right to complain about your job!! v jealous.
    :awesome:

And how are you? Long time no see, will you be in the midlands during August?

ReputationRep:
    Home!
    But wet so all I can do is paint the garden furniture and bathroom

I want to dig bits of the garden up again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Home!
    But wet so all I can do is paint the garden furniture and bathroom

I want to dig bits of the garden up again
    Feel free to come and rescue the wilderness that we call a back yard! How did you get into gardening? I might have a go this summer :holmes: What kind of things do you do?

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

And how are you? Long time no see, will you be in the midlands during August?
    Si! Definitely at some point in Aug. I am excellent & you? Still working?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.