Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasagarwal01)
    Hi everyone,
    do you have any idea whether bmat is more recognised than ukcat. Are they of equal standard?
    In terms of equal standard, both are really annoying similarly. But though, BMAT was supposed to be taken for those applying to top unis like Oxford & Imperial while UKCAT are for most medicine school: top or not like Aberdeen & Kings. It depends on which uni you want yo go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Yeah, French and German.

French reading was terrible, I actually think I've missed out on my A* because of it, and my coursework was only about 2 or 3 marks less than full marks, which has been brought down by the stupid exam urggghhh it was the 'embarrassing moments' question -_-

Or was that listening? I can't actually remember lol

I seem to remember German as OK, but yeah way trickier than the past papers I did!

What did you do and how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only did German - Higher Reading and Higher Listening.

I seem to recall there being questions about what time of year people like to buy Christmas Presents, and a Laptop that was accidentally put on sale for the wrong price which resulted in loads of people trying to buy it.

Seriously, where do they get these question topics from? So many random things come up, it was horrible to revise. I don't think I done too bad in the reading but I hated the listening. Loads of questions sounded like they could have more than one of the answers.

My courseworks were all at an A grade, hopefull I'll get an A overall or at the very least a B. I think the boundaries will be low for German this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I only did German - Higher Reading and Higher Listening.

I seem to recall there being questions about what time of year people like to buy Christmas Presents, and a Laptop that was accidentally put on sale for the wrong price which resulted in loads of people trying to buy it.

Seriously, where do they get these question topics from? So many random things come up, it was horrible to revise. I don't think I done too bad in the reading but I hated the listening. Loads of questions sounded like they could have more than one of the answers.

My courseworks were all at an A grade, hopefull I'll get an A overall or at the very least a B. I think the boundaries will be low for German this year.
    I think we must have been on a different exam board as I don't remember those questions, but our listening started simple and descended into that kind of randomness, really annoying because none of the topics were what we were told to revise. Reading was better topic wise though!

I really hope the grade boundaries are low, I got high B's in the writing CW and possibly 'a solid A' in the orals, so I really want an A overall now, even though I would be happy with a B

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    Have any of you all started revising for AS level? Do you guys think that the revision guides are much better than the student book when it comes to revising for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    I think we must have been on a different exam board as I don't remember those questions, but our listening started simple and descended into that kind of randomness, really annoying because none of the topics were what we were told to revise. Reading was better topic wise though!

I really hope the grade boundaries are low, I got high B's in the writing CW and possibly 'a solid A' in the orals, so I really want an A overall now, even though I would be happy with a B
    I was definitely on AQA. Maybe I completely misunderstood lots of questions :lol:

From what I've heard from others, everybody found it quite hard... I really, really would love an A... fingers crossed for us both!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    Have any of you all started revising for AS level? Do you guys think that the revision guides are much better than the student book when it comes to revising for the exam?

I'm having a well earned rest until college starts and then I'm gonna work my ass off for the whole year!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    do you have any idea whether bmat is more recognised than ukcat. Are they of equal standard?
    Well, UKCAT is what most unis accept, except for 6 uni's who acccept BMAT, e.g. Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial, RVC and Lee Kong School of Medicine. So if you wish to apply to these 6 unis then take the BMAT, and if you wish to go to other unis then take the UKCAT, or you can also take both. So I don't think it's anything to do with which one is more recognised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miikeey97)
    cheers
    Np mate, gl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I was definitely on AQA. Maybe I completely misunderstood lots of questions :lol:

From what I've heard from others, everybody found it quite hard... I really, really would love an A... fingers crossed for us both!!!
    Haha yeah true, that's always a possibility, I remember everyone coming out of the exam and saying something and everyone would turn to them with a strange look, because nobody really understood anything so everyone interpreted them differently :lol:

I found them both pretty tough too! Only 3 days until the boundaries and we can see! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if anything else comes in the envelope apart from the sheet of our subject results? Do we also get the individual grades we got for particular exams took in May/June, GCSE certificates and so on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Haha yeah true, that's always a possibility, I remember everyone coming out of the exam and saying something and everyone would turn to them with a strange look, because nobody really understood anything so everyone interpreted them differently :lol:

I found them both pretty tough too! Only 3 days until the boundaries and we can see! :eek:

Then we see them and they're the highest they've ever been o_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Does anyone know if anything else comes in the envelope apart from the sheet of our subject results? Do we also get the individual grades we got for particular exams took in May/June, GCSE certificates and so on?
    At our school we don't even get an envelope, they're just all on a table. :L

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what I want to do. Anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    I have no idea what I want to do. Anyone else in the same boat?

glad i'm not the only one. we haven't been told what time to go into school on results day, what will be in the envelope, where we go to collect them or anything! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    im so scared for my results too

ReputationRep:
    I HOPE
    I HOPE
    I DO
    WELL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mascot of NI)
    Yeah we've been in the finals and semis a fair few times. I'm waiting on English lit, English language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Home Economics, History, Spanish and 1/2 course RE. What are you waiting on?
    Hey what did u think of ccea home economics if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    for me to get an A* in physics I need 100UMS in the ISA and unit 3 :lol: ..but I got 44 in ISA so that won't be 100 probably 93

which means if I get 100 in unit 3 I don't know whether to feel happy or mad :lol:
    What would you say 40/50 in the physics isa would be in UMS?

ReputationRep:
    guys check your school website for results day details, my school has the details up on their website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Considering the fact that in the previous GCSE specifications AQA were consistent in the Grade Boundaries of virtually every ISA from Core to Additional/Triple ISA's they should be very similar to these grade boundaries of the Core Science ISAs(June 12/January 13):
    FULL UMS-43
    A*-39
    A-35
    B-31
    C-28
    D-22
    E-17
    F-12
    G-7
    Thanks! I got 48/45/46
    But i have a feeling my results are going to get marked down by quite a lot. My history CA got marked down from 50 marks (100UMS) to 70 something. :mad:

Our teachers have a tenancy for marking too generously. So say the ones that have been sent back to AQA for checking are marked too generously, does everyone's mark come down by x amount or do they all have to get checked individually?

On a side note, nothing from our school as to what time we collect our results..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.