Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    I know it's nearly midnight but you could maybe call her? She's your mum, she will understand, she's there for you. Whatever your meeting is, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't go your way. There are always second, third chances in life.

Hope it does work out though :goodluck:

Try and get some sleep, if you can. Things will feel a bit less scary in not too long...
    No shell be asleep. They dont answer the phone at night.
    The meeting could determine wether i need a cardboard box or furniture for a flat... Cant sleep just laying here tossing and turning just feel so lost

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'm still falling into a depression and I'm not sure what to do. My previous attempts over the years at trying to get help from GPs, counselling and CBT books have all been a failure and I dunno whether to bother trying again for fear of disappointment, or what else I should try next. Even my newish relationship isn't helping me feel 100% happy, especially as it's long distant now so I miss my boyfriend horribly when we're far away from each other, which doesn't help, plus I also feel jealous that he's a cooler person than I am and has a better life than I do (no he doesn't say this but its what i think from comparing our lives). I still feel crap over my recent working holiday abroad not working out, and so I'm always just constantly unsatisfied with something in my life which gets my mood down regularly and it's very annoying.

Bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I'm practically spamming the thread with my pointless moans and I don't add anything positive but I feel so agitated tonight. I don't know what to do with myself, somehow I want to scratch my skin off. I'm so frustrated. I really hope tomorrow is a better day cause I can't carry on doing this. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    No shell be asleep. They dont answer the phone at night.
    The meeting could determine wether i need a cardboard box or furniture for a flat... Cant sleep just laying here tossing and turning just feel so lost

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry I can't really say anything too helpful, but big hugs hun :hugs: Thinking of you and sending good vibes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    Sorry I can't really say anything too helpful, but big hugs hun :hugs: Thinking of you and sending good vibes.
    Thanks hun it means a lot!
    Im trying to hold it together in front of Rory cos hes panicking more than me! Sending positive vibes for you having a really good day tomorrow :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After my ESA was messed up they sent me another one of those work capability questionnaires to determine my status even though I had done one before and had been put in the category where I didn't require reviews. I filled it in and sent it back around 2 months ago but have not heard anything? I am still being paid so does anyone know if I just assume I am still in the same category?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Thanks hun it means a lot!
    Im trying to hold it together in front of Rory cos hes panicking more than me! Sending positive vibes for you having a really good day tomorrow :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: Oh dear! Both of you should try and stay calm, there's nothing to worry about especially when you have each other, though I can appreciate you miss your Mum :sadnod: Just make sure you get lots of cuddles off him! Thank you, I appreciate it. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Oh dear! Both of you should try and stay calm, there's nothing to worry about especially when you have each other, though I can appreciate you miss your Mum :sadnod: Just make sure you get lots of cuddles off him! Thank you, I appreciate it. :hugs:
    I lnow hes not. Amd im scared hes falling down i cant cope if he gets worse. I know im a selfish cow but i need him to be strong for me. I spent most of today on my own today and it wS heart breaking. I just feel so lonely
    Im just so selfish

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm too tired to fund and quote all of you, but thank you to everybody who wished me a happy birthday.
    Haven't been on much over the weekend so I hope you're all okay. Goodnight/ morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know everyone's probably asleep now but I can't sleep, I've got a rash all over which feels prickly and the second I'm about to fall asleep i get a sudden jolt through my whole body and feel really really hot. I've read this could be due to hypertension or anxiety but my doctors appointment isn't until Friday

Has anyone else had this kind of issue before? It's scaring me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know everyone's probably asleep now but I can't sleep, I've got a rash all over which feels prickly and the second I'm about to fall asleep i get a sudden jolt through my whole body and feel really really hot. I've read this could be due to hypertension or anxiety but my doctors appointment isn't until Friday

Has anyone else had this kind of issue before? It's scaring me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you done the glass test for the rash?

Place a glass on one of the worst affected parts with decent pressure, if the skin is a normal color through the glass it's most likely nothing that can't wait until Friday unless you feel it is getting out of control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Have you done the glass test for the rash?

Place a glass on one of the worst affected parts with decent pressure, if the skin is a normal color through the glass it's most likely nothing that can't wait until Friday unless you feel it is getting out of control
    Yeah, I did the glass test, I'm fairly sure I'm ok on that front, triple checked.

I feel it is getting somewhat out of hand since its making it almost impossible to sleep. I've tried splashing cold water on my skin, my Windows are fully open but I think it's just too hot in here and when I begin to fall asleep I overheat within minutes (feel fine Sat here, it's only when I try to sleep) and I'm not even using the blanket.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did the glass test, I'm fairly sure I'm ok on that front, triple checked.

I feel it is getting somewhat out of hand since its making it almost impossible to sleep. I've tried splashing cold water on my skin, my Windows are fully open but I think it's just too hot in here and when I begin to fall asleep I overheat within minutes (feel fine Sat here, it's only when I try to sleep) and I'm not even using the blanket.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you got a thermometer?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try taking some piriton or other antihistamines to settle the rash.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Have you got a thermometer?
    Not to hand, unfortunately.

(Original post by NaomiB93)
    Try taking some piriton or other antihistamines to settle the rash.

I'm gonna see about that in the morning. I don't think I have any since I don't have any allergies normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not to hand, unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd suggest you keep drinking fluids and if you feel you are getting too hot ask someone in your house to check if you are burning up. You can take a couple of aspirin to bring down a fever if you actually have one.

(I'm not medically qualified, just pointing that out )

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys, if it carries on I'll try the suggestions. It's the worrying that's keeping me awake just as much as the symptoms

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    A few years ago one of my best friends just stopped seeing me and a few others, and went to hang out with other people.

This is kind of me *****ing about him and some drama, only read it if you want a juicy story :
    Spoiler:
    Show
    He lied to us about nearly everything. If we were all planning to meet up he'd say he couldn't make it because of "family stuff" or something. We would then find out he was just hanging out with his girlfriend instead. He kept lying about where he was and what he was doing for years. I think he was lying to people so no one would think bad of him when he hanged out with other people, but since we always found out it really pissed a lot of us off. I would actually of been fine if he just said what he was actually doing, but he just kept on lying.

For a while we just joked about it, but then a big drama happened. A bunch of us were going out and were try and get him to come out to. When we went to his house his dad told us he was at a party at my ex's. We broke up on good terms so i figured it would be cool if we went over.

I rang up my mate that lied about everything, and asked him if it was cool for us to come over. He joked that if we could find it then sure (since we were drunk), but obviously i could find it, i'd been to her house a lot. It turns out that when we got there we were never invited, despite that friend saying we were. So we basically walked like 40 minutes to a house and then got shouted at by my ex. Obviously we wanted to talk to our lying friend because this was out of order, he made me and my mates look like gatecrashing dicks.

We waited outside for a while, my friends were a little noisy because we were drunk, and eventually, their entire party tried to get us to go away. Our lying friend was just hiding behind them all.

After a lot of arguing, my lying mate's girlfriend basically said to him "I'm going, choose your friends or me". Guess who he chose? His gold digging girlfriend, instead of the guys he knew for about 10 years. He got in the car with her and they drove away.

After this he stopped walking to school with us and soon broke up with that girlfriend, we haven't really seen him much since.

I seriously don't understand why he lied so much, you can't keep everyone happy and just lie about things all the time. In a way i'm glad that all happened, because he really ****ed himself over. I'm glad that everything crashed around him and life slapped him in the face and told him to stop being such a damned idiot, he had needed it for a long time.

It really isn't your fault if she doesn't make any effort to see or talk to you, you even asked if you had done anything wrong, and she said you haven't. So the way i see it you have the moral highground

I know it isn't easy to stop thinking about something like this, even when you want to. But, even if she does stop seeing you for whatever reason, you can always find more friends. If she's gonna be an ********, she's not a good friend anyway, right? Theres no point having bad friends

You'll be ok :jumphug:
    I really hope it isn't my fault. I've tried so I'll just wait for her to make an effort. I have very few friends though and she always says how I am the sister she never had (she is an only child) so I do hope whatever is happening is resolved.

And your spoiler... it's his loss losing amazing friends!

How are you?

(Original post by Sultana)
    I don't think I ever enjoy myself. I don't know. The best I really seem to feel is an absence of bad stuff. Try to focus on just the good stuff that is happening now, but I can't seem to do present thinking properly or for very long before am bombarded with all the nastiness again.

Am really glad you're feeling ok atm :hugs: I can imagine after so long of feeling crappy it would feel peculiar, especially as you can't pinpoint any reason for it. Depression does naturally vary in intensity though, so it might be that you're finally getting a break. I hope it lasts for you.

You're welcome, was only saying the truth And I thought you had replied, am I imagining things?!
    I think an 'absence of bad stuff' is a better way of putting it.

:hugs: I'm really sorry about how you're feeling at the moment. Superwolf's lovely replies are definitely true but I understand that it is hard to believe when you feel so bad. It's not just a difficulty accepting compliments (no matter how true they are) but strongly believing they are not true so no matter what someone says it just feels impossible to believe. I do hope you manage to see one day just how awesome you are. If we can see that just via TSR imagine how amazing you are in real life! I've read how people shouldn't base their opinions on the thoughts of others but since you can't see it yourself I really hope one day you see an element of truth in what we have said on here.

Thank you, I hope it lasts too .

Haha yes I had indeed replied but I was ill at the time and crying which wasn't a good combination so I mentioned how I would reply properly later. So no, you're not imagining things!

And I'm sorry if parts my post don't even make sense .

ReputationRep:
    :console: Hope you're okay.
    Not really, but i'm a master of illusion by not letting on that i'm struggling to keep it together at the seems in real life.

ReputationRep:
    **** nights sleep and woke up to the news of a death :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.