Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is anyone having an interview tomorrow with Kingston university for languages?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the secondary science interview on friday for University of Birmingham? Also for people who have had to do a presentation on a topic of their choice.

I have to do a 15 minute presentation to 6 people on a chemistry topic of my choice suitable for KS3, with no powerpoint allowed. Any ideas on how I can make the presentation more interactive with visual aids and handouts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    It was in management...but i graduated and realised i wasnt ready for management at all...and teaching was my other ambition so im now going for that!!there are a few aspects which are relevant to teaching...especially if becoming a headteacher ever happens!!however im 23 so not anywhere near that yet either hahaha
    Ah cool! It sounds like your background will really help if you eventually go into a leadership role in a school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Ah cool! It sounds like your background will really help if you eventually go into a leadership role in a school!
    Hopefully i still feel my degree is my main disadvantage!but i need them to look past that haha...feels like ages since i graduated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Hopefully i still feel my degree is my main disadvantage!but i need them to look past that haha...feels like ages since i graduated!
    Just make sure you can link some of what you did in your degree to primary teaching and you should be fine. Plus talk about your experience in schools etc. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an early years (or primary) interview at Cambridge coming up? It's my first interview offer - so scared!

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure you can link some of what you did in your degree to primary teaching and you should be fine. Plus talk about your experience in schools etc. :-)
    Yeah yeah this may sound stupid but i saw on a different thread that somebody going to a trent interview mentioned taking an artefact in or something...im sure that i havent read that anywhere on my letter!!! :s have you read that anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Yeah yeah this may sound stupid but i saw on a different thread that somebody going to a trent interview mentioned taking an artefact in or something...im sure that i havent read that anywhere on my letter!!! :s have you read that anywhere?
    No! I hope I haven't missed anything.
    Was that person secondary, perhaps??

ReputationRep:
    No! I hope I haven't missed anything.
    Was that person secondary, perhaps??
    Not totally sure...maybe i misread... i assume if we both havent seen it then it isnt necessary...we cant both be bad at reading letters haha!have you made a decision to whether you will be attending the interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Not totally sure...maybe i misread... i assume if we both havent seen it then it isnt necessary...we cant both be bad at reading letters haha!have you made a decision to whether you will be attending the interview yet?
    Haha I should hope not!

And yes I'll be attending. I want to see the uni again and compare it before (if offered a place) making a final final decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cloclo15)
    Really feel for you, we would have liked my husband to get a School Direct salaried place but realised fairly early on that most of these would go to people that had either been a TA for ages or were known to the school, at least in Primary. Also, for career changers, it is virtually impossible to get the levels of experience necessary while working full time. He applied to one school direct place which was unsuccessful, but managed to get two interviews for PGCE. It's going to mean a difficult year financially for our family if he does get on, but appears to be the only realistic option.
    Thanks for the sympathy vote. I've got bundles of experience so that's not the problem. I wonder if the fact the UCAS form only had an option to mark my degree as pending and didn't provide anywhere to write the predicted grade might have put some of them off interviewing me. The annoying thing is I have since completed the degree with a 2.1 but there is no where to update this on UCAS so it still shows pending. Don't know what else I'm doing wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I should hope not!

And yes I'll be attending. I want to see the uni again and compare it before (if offered a place) making a final final decision.
    Good choice i havent visited the uni but i know of people who have done the pgce there and have said its really good!!i just need to print my two articles off and annotate them n shizz...and also finish off my health form...finding dates i had jabs is a right pain haha

ReputationRep:
    I withdrew from one of my choices cos I wasn't prepared for the interview today.. Then found out I got an unsuccessful from my interview last week at Leeds uni.. Now all my eggs in one basket for my last interview.. Don't know if I should just give up now and apply again next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Good choice i havent visited the uni but i know of people who have done the pgce there and have said its really good!!i just need to print my two articles off and annotate them n shizz...and also finish off my health form...finding dates i had jabs is a right pain haha
    Ugh I know! I have no idea about when I had them...accept I was very young!

And yeah I've heard good things too. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I know! I have no idea about when I had them...accept I was very young!

And yeah I've heard good things too. :-)
    Yeaah im unsure whether to just put that i dont know the dates for some of them haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Yeaah im unsure whether to just put that i dont know the dates for some of them haha
    I think I probably will if I have to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowworld)
    Has anyone got an early years (or primary) interview at Cambridge coming up? It's my first interview offer - so scared!
    Hi there, I had my primary interview for Cambridge last week and I got an offer yesterday! Don't be scared, the interviewers are so nice there and the day runs exactly the way they tell you in the welcome letter! I have accepted my offer but I was at one other interview before Cambridge and it wasn't half as nice a process! If you want to know anything (non-specific of course) let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crock)
    Thanks for the sympathy vote. I've got bundles of experience so that's not the problem. I wonder if the fact the UCAS form only had an option to mark my degree as pending and didn't provide anywhere to write the predicted grade might have put some of them off interviewing me. The annoying thing is I have since completed the degree with a 2.1 but there is no where to update this on UCAS so it still shows pending. Don't know what else I'm doing wrong.
    I highly doubt that would be a reason. They will be so used to seeing pending, it won't be an issue. I take it your primary, in which case it is sadly unbelievably competitive. I really feel for you because I relate to your first post. I wasn't used to this level of competition in undergrad so it really has been an eye opener.

I don't have any useful advice sorry. But try to ask for feedback as to why you didn't succeed and build on it. If you do have to try again next year, see it as an opportunity to build a kickass application and build upon what you've learnt this time round. A year might sound long but it will go fast and it's not the end of the world. Remember, if you really want this, it will happen eventually. Be patient and soon enough you'll get an offer, just don't give up!! Best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    Hi there, I had my primary interview for Cambridge last week and I got an offer yesterday! Don't be scared, the interviewers are so nice there and the day runs exactly the way they tell you in the welcome letter! I have accepted my offer but I was at one other interview before Cambridge and it wasn't half as nice a process! If you want to know anything (non-specific of course) let me know
    Well done on getting an offer!! I've got my Primary PGCE interview for Cambridge next Tuesday. It's good to hear that everyone was so lovely! I hope you don't mind but I have a few questions :-)

What kind of questions did they ask you in the individual interview? And please can you give me an idea of what happens in the group activity and what does the written task entail (related to the article), is it just answering questions about it? Only if you're allowed to tell me about these things of course. Thank you, would really appreciate it! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowworld)
    My PGCE Primary interview for Cambridge is on Tuesday 21st! And also my first PGCE interview, so very nervous!! When's yours?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.