Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring Medic 7)
    Hey, when you submitted your application for accommodation, did you guys rank all of the choices? Or just most of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All of them it tells you when you apply that if you don't rank them they get equal weighting i.e. if you pick 3 the rest are all equally your 4th choice

ReputationRep:
    Hey, when you submitted your application for accommodation, did you guys rank all of the choices? Or just most of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I ranked about 5 or 6 then left the rest

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All but the intercols, they say there's a 90% of getting somewhere in the top 3 so fingers crossed 4 down don't matter!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks for the replies- I ranked 6 and left the rest, hopefully that's enough which are your first choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Moonraker, GDSA and Julian Markham. location wise they look amazing plus the 3/4 beds in moonraker win it for me, yes it's expensive but should be worth it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks for the replies- I ranked 6 and left the rest, hopefully that's enough which are your first choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great Dover Street, Wolfson and Moonraker Point in that order what did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flobie)
    Great Dover Street, Wolfson and Moonraker Point in that order what did you choose?
    GDS, Julian Markham and Stamford Street

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GDS, Julian Markham and Stamford Street

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why Julian Markham? Think I'm going to do GDS, SSA, Wolfson, and some other **** after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Why Julian Markham? Think I'm going to do GDS, SSA, Wolfson, and some other **** after that.
    I've heard SSA is antisocial, it's about the same distance from Waterloo - Guys as E&C - Guys and JM is a bit cheaper (by like £2 a week) so I thought, 'meh why not!' Everyone I know in kings had their accommodation messed about with so I'm not holding out much hope tbh :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    I wanted ensuite for sure, so Wolfson was my fifth choice I think... and Julian Markham looks really nice it's also not too far from Guy's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When do you think they will tell us about which accommodation we have been placed in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeddem)
    When do you think they will tell us about which accommodation we have been placed in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From results day till 1st sept

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    From results day till 1st sept

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn that feels like ages! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    so do u need AAAA for your AS results to apply for medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolgamer)
    so do u need AAAA for your AS results to apply for medicine
    No, kings looks at your GCSE A*s and UKCAT, some unis looks for AS results so 4As is very good for them but others GCSE, looks online for which

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callummj6747)
    No, kings looks at your GCSE A*s and UKCAT, some unis looks for AS results so 4As is very good for them but others GCSE, looks online for which

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i didnt get A*s only 8 As but i thought of applying to extended medical programme at kings ? so am i less likey to get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolgamer)
    i didnt get A*s only 8 As but i thought of applying to extended medical programme at kings ? so am i less likey to get in
    I haven't a clue about EDMP sorry, but there are people on here who may.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hope you all are enjoying your summer and not worrying TOO much! 2nd year medic here (As of September) and I'll be living out for the first time at GDSA too. So hopefully I'll befriend a load of you there

ReputationRep:
    This thread is really dead, where is everyone :gah: ??

ReputationRep:
    guy im think of applying but i got bad GCSEs- 6A*, 2As, 2bs, 1c. the Bs are in eng land, human biology, and the C in further pure maths. but igot A* in maths, double award science, eng lit, latin ,art

what uklcat wud i need to compensate for these? 780?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.