Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WinterApproaches)
    Which subject did you apply for last year (if you don't mind me asking)?
    Yes of course, this was law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ye-SheenKim)
    Yep. I don't think the preparation helped a great deal. The first 15 minutes was definitely panicky and I think that stopped me from picking up the the complex grammar. Plus I did end up just guessing on some the vocab.

By the way, which college did you apply to?
    Christ Church, you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarmaple)
    I got an email back from Oriel after I told them I would be willing to fly over
    I can answer questions about Oriel!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skjdhewj)
    Christ Church, you??
    Brasenose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandlessss)
    Yes of course, this was law
    What were you predicted last year? did they say why they rejected you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    What were you predicted last year? did they say why they rejected you?

No they didn't. I got AAAA at AS and was predicted 3A*s and an A which is what I actually achieved - as well as A* in EPQ. My GCSEs were not great but I think I got 23 in the LNAT which isn't really Oxford standard I don't think. Could have been that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandlessss)
    No they didn't. I got AAAA at AS and was predicted 3A*s and an A which is what I actually achieved - as well as A* in EPQ. My GCSEs were not great but I think I got 23 in the LNAT which isn't really Oxford standard I don't think. Could have been that!
    Oh Christ, it makes no sense that you didn't get an interview! What were your GCSEs? What college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    Oh Christ, it makes no sense that you didn't get an interview! What were your GCSEs? What college did you apply to?
    I applied to Brasenose. I got 1A*, 6/7 As and 2 Bs or something similar.
    Which isn't great but it was one of the best in my year at school - our school isn't exactly a high performer and they say they take that into consideration, so no idea. I was gutted I didn't even get the chance for interview but you can only try again I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer_susan97)
    Hey, I'm applying for psychology and philosophy too! Haven't found anyone else yet that is Good luck with your application
    Awesome! Yeah, I don't think I've seen anyone else who's applying for that either. Well, all the better for less competition. What college did you reply for, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignStudent32)
    BrasenoseAdm Does all colleges confirm the applicant's email for preferred interview option or reply to the applicant's email?
    Brasenose does! I got a confirmation for CAAH a few minutes after I sent the email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politicalmind)
    so even internationals won't hear till a week before? I need to book a flight ahah
    Me too!!! This flight is seriously going to cost $3000 if I try to book it a week before. (If, of course, I'm even invited, which is a pretty big if.... hah)

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone applying to New College receive an email conformation about the admissions team getting the interview form because I heard that other colleges sent out emails?

ReputationRep:
    I am an American applying to Merton , and I was wondering if anyone applying to Merton had heard about interviews by now. I mean, if I haven't, does that mean I have been rejected out of hand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EoghanB97)
    I got an email from Christ Church today inviting me to interview for Biological Sciences! So shocked (and nervous), I'll have to fly over on my own in December haha, anyone else in the same boat?
    Congratulations!! That's great news, you must be ecstatic!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agax2468)
    I am an American applying to Merton , and I was wondering if anyone applying to Merton had heard about interviews by now. I mean, if I haven't, does that mean I have been rejected out of hand?
    You will always get a response whether it's rejection or interview invitation, hearing nothing means nothing. When you hear depends on subject and college and you might not hear until up to one week before interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agax2468)
    Well on the confirmation email they sent me, it said we would not hear anything about interviews from them until 23rd November, though it could be different for you as I'm a UK applicant.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Oriel Choral Scholarship Law Applicant - has anyone heard back from Oriel yet?? 😂😂 or about the choral scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PollaPulchra197)
    I'm a Oriel Choral Scholarship Law Applicant - has anyone heard back from Oriel yet?? 😂😂 or about the choral scholarship?
    I'm an Oriel English applicant. Haven't heard anything

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to freak out. Believe me, if I don't get the interview it is the end of the world 😩😂 what does the subject look like on the email if you're rejected lol? I'm always scared to open the email and I know that by looking at the subject you'll already know whether you're shortlisted or not I.e. It will say "interview invitation"

ReputationRep:
    Trinity said in their acknowledgment email that they aim to notify candidates about interviews one week before the interviews are due to occur. So I guess I'll know on December 2nd.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.