Cambridge Decisions 2015 - info and FAQ Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainybird
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by A Laughing Woman)
I'd also be interested to hear this. I was reinterviewed on Saturday and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully we'll hear soon though!
Me too! I was reinterviewed on Monday and they said i'd hear back within days

Posted from TSR Mobile
A Laughing Woman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rainybird)
Me too! I was reinterviewed on Monday and they said i'd hear back within days

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm hoping that we'll hear tomorrow! What did you apply for? Where were you reinterviewed?
monspie9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SydneyKid)
Have any internationals who were pooled found out their college yet? I think they might be leaving us for last...
where are you from? I heard back on Monday evening, but if you're not from Europe it might take even more time for you.
Rainybird
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm hoping that we'll hear tomorrow! What did you apply for? Where were you reinterviewed?
Tomorrow would be nice. I applied for Engineering and got pooled to Robinson, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elcor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jneill)
W00t! Thanks for the vote(s). I got shortlisted

Aw shuks.
Yay! Seems like that was my Random Act of Kindness for the day then
m.prabar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have any internationals who were pooled found out their college yet? I think they might be leaving us for last...
I'm an international and haven't got any clue if I was rejected, pooled or do I have an offer, not to speak which college was I pooled to :/ (probably just a rejection tho)
chilley
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Offer from Queens' for NatSci Biological!! A*A*A. Still can't believe it...
Neolamatrix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Renee8100)
Anyone that was reinterviewed, how long did it take for you to hear back? I want to be rejected before Friday so I can get over it by my birthday on Saturday :^_^:
I'd like to know this too! I was re-interviewed on Saturday and I haven't heard back. I'm not sure whether that is normal or not
Homletmoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was pooled by Churchill, and now have a compsci offer from Homerton!

Funnily enough, I still haven't received my letter from Churchill, so had I been given a place there it would have taken longer for me to find out than going through the Winter pool. Weird :/
A Laughing Woman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tomorrow would be nice. I applied for Engineering and got pooled to Robinson, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths and was pooled to Girton
Rainybird
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
A Laughing Woman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You too!
Neolamatrix
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A fellow Girton poolee
SydneyKid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by monspie9)
where are you from? I heard back on Monday evening, but if you're not from Europe it might take even more time for you.
I'm from Australia haha
SydneyKid
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by m.prabar)
I'm an international and haven't got any clue if I was rejected, pooled or do I have an offer, not to speak which college was I pooled to :/ (probably just a rejection tho)
Oh, sorry to hear that, I'm sure it will come soon
josh-es
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very interesting! I applied for Engineering and got pooled to Robinson also, except I was interviewed on Saturday... No decisions yet though as far as I know!
Christ's Admissions
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tggfootymad)
If one interviewer's 7 might be another's 8.5, then how are applicants fairly and accurately compared in the pool? While the interview is of course a valuable process, it does also introduce a large element of unfairness in comparing candidates in the pool.
A lot of those looking in the Pool are very experienced and have a good sense of what individual interviewers' scores mean. There are also extesive comments on the forms which are helpful. There is also loads of quantitative information in the Pool which helps people looking. The Pool is not perfect, the admissions process is human so it never will be, but it is what we do to do our best to ensure that everyone gets the best chance they can to get an offer.
m.prabar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh, sorry to hear that, I'm sure it will come soon
Thanks, and I'll keep my fingers crossed you'll get your resonpse quickly as well
A Laughing Woman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hannahtetteh)
A fellow Girton poolee
What did you apply for?
Rainybird
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by josh-es)
Very interesting! I applied for Engineering and got pooled to Robinson also, except I was interviewed on Saturday... No decisions yet though as far as I know!
Really! Ooooooh, see you in October then If you didn't know already, there were 15 people being interviewed for 5 places :/ Did you find the test difficult? The time pressure really got to me and I made loads of stupid mistakes -__-

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads